Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Anyone have Eibachs installed on their Z?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 06:56 AM
JimH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drop

IMHO, the .8 front and 1.2 rear from the Eibachs is about all you can be comfortable with. I know mine is right on the edge concerning what you mentioned: racks and getting on and off. It is very tight/close for me on most alignment lifts and muffler shop lifts. In fact, the Nissan dealer pushed my Z on and off the rack yesterday when they installed a new exhaust system because it was so close. As far as normal, everyday driving, it hits no speedbumps or my inclined driveway and is not anything to be concerned about. Regards, Jim

Originally posted by cobrasak
Seems like dropping the Z is the way to go especially with Eibachs. Has anyone used the H&R springs. What do you think of a 1.5" drop. Would that be too extreme for daily driving and better yet being able to get the car on a lift when getting serviced.
Old 04-01-2003, 07:20 AM
Kraigman

I concur with what Jim said. The folks at Nissan were very careful when driving my Z onto the alignment rack. Very little clearance.
Old 04-01-2003, 09:05 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

I have done a little scraping with factory ht going in and out of driveways already.
Old 04-01-2003, 01:36 PM
cobrasak

Thats what I was looking for. I had a set of eibachs on my 94 Cobra and I was happy with them. The only gripe was that it could have lowered the front a little bit more. Eventually I did add some tokico 5 way adjustable shocks. That combo was very good, hopefully this car will be the same. Is this set up pretty good for hard cornering as far as the car sticking to the ground and not worrying that it will push. Also did it solve any of the wheel hop problem when accelerating hard?
Old 04-02-2003, 03:03 AM
j's350z

I went to get my car alligned yesterday and it was too low to fit on the rack..... I guess I live with how the toe is set... unless a race shop in my area has a lower clearance one.....
Old 04-02-2003, 08:12 AM
JimH

Default Alignment rack

Jason, We have some alignment shops in the area that are the pit type. All you need to do is simply drive onto the rack as it is floor level. Maybe you could call around your locale and ask what type? Regards, Jim

Originally posted by j's350z
I went to get my car alligned yesterday and it was too low to fit on the rack..... I guess I live with how the toe is set... unless a race shop in my area has a lower clearance one.....
Old 04-02-2003, 08:29 AM
ricastm8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Springs with no drop?

Are there any spring options (H&R, Eibahc, etc.) with no drop at all, I'm having a hard time allready with speedbumps (we have a lot here, and some the size of freaking sidewalks!!) and inclines for parkings.
Old 04-02-2003, 09:12 AM
j's350z

Default Jim

Thanks,
I am currently looking for a place that has that type of rack......