Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Koni Install On 2003 Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 03:36 AM
ZZZ-35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Koni Install On 2003 Help

I started to install my new Koni stocks today on my 2003 Track, the rears went on without any problems but I've struck a problem with the fronts. It appears that the front Koni's are fatter in diameter by 5mm than the orginal struts fit to my car plus the bottom spring location plate is fixed to the strut and not removable as the instruction state that come with the Koni's, am I missing something here or did the Koni's only fit the later models.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:55 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Koni Yellows work on my 2003.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:12 PM
arizzee

I also have Koni Sports (yellows) on my '03. Not sure if I understand the problem. Yes, the Konis are larger that the stock dampers but that's a good thing They fit fine. You shouldn't need to change the spring perch height. The Konis should have been packaged with spring perches that you need to slide onto the shock body. Maybe those are missing?
Old 11-07-2006, 12:20 PM
ZZZ-35

Originally Posted by arizzee
I also have Koni Sports (yellows) on my '03. Not sure if I understand the problem. Yes, the Konis are larger that the stock dampers but that's a good thing They fit fine. You shouldn't need to change the spring perch height. The Konis should have been packaged with spring perches that you need to slide onto the shock body. Maybe those are missing?
Many thanks, I got the Koni Sports s/hand and they did'nt come with the spring perches, problem solved, I will contact the previous owner.

Cheers
Old 11-12-2006, 05:35 AM
AAB350z

I just bought the koni sports and I was wondering how the rear shocks adjust? I noticed they don't have the **** inserts like the front shocks do.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:42 AM
jmckuhen

Originally Posted by AAB350z
I just bought the koni sports and I was wondering how the rear shocks adjust? I noticed they don't have the **** inserts like the front shocks do.

Go to the bottom....figure 1
http://www.koni-na.com/adjustment.cfm
Old 11-12-2006, 09:09 AM
andypandy

Originally Posted by ZZZ-35
I started to install my new Koni stocks today on my 2003 Track, the rears went on without any problems but I've struck a problem with the fronts. It appears that the front Koni's are fatter in diameter by 5mm than the orginal struts fit to my car plus the bottom spring location plate is fixed to the strut and not removable as the instruction state that come with the Koni's, am I missing something here or did the Koni's only fit the later models.

Thanks in advance.
on the yellows, the front shock body have 2 indents on them where you insert circlips (can lower or raise by an inch or so). if you are missing them, call koni and they will send them to you for free (they did to me after i busted one up). next, there are 2 chromoly steel spring perches (non-adjustable) that you lay onto those circlips. i hope this answers your question.

gl with install!

andy.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:16 PM
ZZZ-35

on the yellows, the front shock body have 2 indents on them where you insert circlips (can lower or raise by an inch or so). if you are missing them, call koni and they will send them to you for free (they did to me after i busted one up). next, there are 2 chromoly steel spring perches (non-adjustable) that you lay onto those circlips. i hope this answers your question.

gl with install!

andy.

Thanks, which indent (circlip groove) is the std ride height.

Cheers,
Old 11-12-2006, 06:48 PM
andypandy

if i can recall, the top is the standard shock height. i used the bottom indent and i am HATING it, as my front tires are tucked and the front bumper is dragging all over southern california.