Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Got my Eibachs' on!!

Old 03-30-2003, 10:48 PM
Mr Fairlady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well guys,..I got it aligned(took 5 places and put some serious miles on it...and man,.It has settled Great!!! PERFECT DROP!!! I must say---Nismo kit is finnaly here so the front and wing will be on next week and sides will be here in 5-6days!!

DAMN I CAN"T WAIT

But I'm still out of town--so pic's of my ride w/ 2 EVO VIII's(red&Blk)--and was driving them--OH MY GOD---they are insanely fast!! I really want one but I'llgive the Z a try to see what the ECU mods will do to it!!
But man,.the LANCER is the shizzle!! I could care less about looks(interior),.I love it,..but still everyone that I know says its fast and all but the Z is a tottaly different car and its the "Pu*sy getter"---I agree--I get more girls on my ride then that Lancer will anyday!! But its blisteringly fast!
I was rippin it up down the road and its a MKIV Killer for sure!

More High res pic's to come!
as well as the NISMO kit on!!!
Old 03-31-2003, 04:21 AM
turbo03

Looks good Mr Fairlady... The more cars I see with Eibach Pro Kit the more it makes me want to forget about buying coilovers and just buy the Pro Kit. Glad to hear the alinment went well. Godd luck with them.

thanks,
Greg
Old 03-31-2003, 06:02 AM
phile

Originally posted by Mr Fairlady
well guys,..I got it aligned(took 5 places and put some serious miles on it...and man,.It has settled Great!!! PERFECT DROP!!! I must say---Nismo kit is finnaly here so the front and wing will be on next week and sides will be here in 5-6days!!

DAMN I CAN"T WAIT

But I'm still out of town--so pic's of my ride w/ 2 EVO VIII's(red&Blk)--and was driving them--OH MY GOD---they are insanely fast!! I really want one but I'llgive the Z a try to see what the ECU mods will do to it!!
But man,.the LANCER is the shizzle!! I could care less about looks(interior),.I love it,..but still everyone that I know says its fast and all but the Z is a tottaly different car and its the "Pu*sy getter"---I agree--I get more girls on my ride then that Lancer will anyday!! But its blisteringly fast!
I was rippin it up down the road and its a MKIV Killer for sure!

More High res pic's to come!
as well as the NISMO kit on!!!
In super street magazine it said that the evo VIII weighed around 4200 lbs! Anyhow, if the EVO does a quarter mile in 13.8, it's not that much faster than our car right? What is our car's estimated 1/4 mile?

Btw, after checking out the issue I picked up at the newsstands, it should be called subaru street, not super street. Mostly every featured car was a WRX...
Old 03-31-2003, 06:16 AM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by phile
In super street magazine it said that the evo VIII weighed around 4200 lbs! Anyhow, if the EVO does a quarter mile in 13.8, it's not that much faster than our car right? What is our car's estimated 1/4 mile?

Btw, after checking out the issue I picked up at the newsstands, it should be called subaru street, not super street. Mostly every featured car was a WRX...
The Evo 8 is about 3200 lbs. I think. Also, I believe the Evo can do a 13.5, 13.4 perhaps. I remember reading that somewhere. As for the Z, all the magazines are getting 14.1, 14.2 which is embarassing because J's350Z dropped a 13.8 I think, and he said another guy in an Enthusiast had something like a 13.7.
Old 03-31-2003, 07:16 AM
krinkov

the EVO 8 is around 3200lbs, so that was a typo.

dont read super street, it will give you brain bubbles
Old 03-31-2003, 07:18 AM
krinkov

Originally posted by Daytona
The Evo 8 is about 3200 lbs. I think. Also, I believe the Evo can do a 13.5, 13.4 perhaps. I remember reading that somewhere. As for the Z, all the magazines are getting 14.1, 14.2 which is embarassing because J's350Z dropped a 13.8 I think, and he said another guy in an Enthusiast had something like a 13.7.
Magazines dont take their very best run. To be realistic they do a few runs , exclude the best and worst one and average the middle, there was a big wirte up on it around here a while back, but anyhow, they hate it when some guy writes in and calls them idiots beacuse they were able to squeeze an extra couple tenths out of the same car they tested
Old 03-31-2003, 11:23 AM
phile

yeah I just picked up super street because I was bored. It's the first time i've ever bought it. After careful review, I came the to the conclusion that it's equivalent to a pile of ****.

IMO, a few tenths of a second are actually important! ALso, I never heard of a US spec stock EVO VIII doing the 1/4mile in 13.4...

Hey I wonder what AWD and a turbo would do to our cars? heheh

I just looked at the magazine again. IN their little summary column at the end of the article on the evo, it's says "Scale Tipping: 4,222 lbs.

They're idiots

Last edited by phile; 03-31-2003 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-31-2003, 11:55 AM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Thread ran a little off topic here... but i'll squeeze this in real quick..

anyone know 5-60 on the EVO? A roll should rule out any AWD traction advantages and i'm curious how its brute power compares to the Z.
Old 04-01-2003, 09:57 AM
Mr Fairlady

yes the Z's I've seen running the BEst time are the Base models--both I've seen are 13.8's & 13.7's---Evo's are 13.5's@ my ghetto track in Fayetteville so there are no doubts of 13.2's and the like--HKS exhaust will yeild 12's I'm sure--After driving them--1st gear pulls like a son-of-a-*****--2nd is really quick-almost too quick--and 4th is full boost so you tap the gas and its gone!!!! 4ths is the ****!! And just like any turbo'd DSM--hearing it take off down the road-it sounds like its ripping throught the asphalt and curling the concrete behind it as it goes--GSX's sound the same way!Sounds like an open wastegate on a MKIV but the EVo's are stock!

They are badass guys despite the things some people think!
But thats ok eveyone I know says the Z is far more "Pimp" lookin and around where I'm @ right now-they think its a Lamorgini(pretty much)--all the women and man are all over it--Mainly becasue of the Bling,blingin VOLKIES--cuz let alone have they ever seen a New Z- but one w/ wheels just blows em away!

I'll be back home soon to post some pic's of the lovely EVO's and the PIMP DADDY Z--although the damn Pollen is a ***** right now!! Hard to keep her blingin!

Thanx guys!!

COLLIN
Old 04-01-2003, 11:54 AM
phile

THe base models have better times because of a combination of the smaller wheels and slightly less weight.
Old 04-08-2003, 05:44 PM
SCLlama

Default Nice lookin ride!

Looks great man. BTW... it's cool to see another dredg fan here!

-Ryan
Old 04-09-2003, 02:42 AM
Mr Fairlady

Default Re: Nice lookin ride!

Originally posted by SCLlama
Looks great man. BTW... it's cool to see another dredg fan here!

-Ryan
Hell yeah...DREDG is my ****!!!! LOVE em!

Thanx
Old 04-09-2003, 04:23 AM
zeroday

THe base models have better times because of a combination of the smaller wheels and slightly less weight.
...and no power loss from the rear diff.
Old 04-09-2003, 05:52 AM
phile

Originally posted by zeroday
...and no power loss from the rear diff.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but VDC makes you lose power, but you can turn it off. An lsd, improves the power transfer to the tires. WHen I owned an RSX, people bought LSD's to imporve their launch times. now VDC will NOT imprve launch times, but you can just hit "VDC off"
Old 04-09-2003, 06:37 AM
zeroday

Correct me if I'm wrong, but VDC makes you lose power, but you can turn it off. An lsd, improves the power transfer to the tires. WHen I owned an RSX, people bought LSD's to imporve their launch times. now VDC will NOT imprve launch times, but you can just hit "VDC off"
well good point, yes and no...we have a viscous LSD which absorbs some power (ie not mechanical), It will get you better traction off the line in theory, but that is offset by the loss in power to the wheels via the viscous LSD. IMO if you can manage to hook up ok off the line in a base, you would be faster than a Z with the LSD. There are aftermarket mechanical LSD's you can buy that don't absorb power, but they wont feel as smooth as a viscous setup.
Old 04-09-2003, 10:31 AM
phile

Originally posted by zeroday
well good point, yes and no...we have a viscous LSD which absorbs some power (ie not mechanical), It will get you better traction off the line in theory, but that is offset by the loss in power to the wheels via the viscous LSD. IMO if you can manage to hook up ok off the line in a base, you would be faster than a Z with the LSD. There are aftermarket mechanical LSD's you can buy that don't absorb power, but they wont feel as smooth as a viscous setup.
ahhhhhhhhh, I get it

So you're saying in any two identical cars, that the car without the LSD will be faster off the line IF it can hook up with the pavement in the same amount of time as the car with the LSD. With an LSD, you may be losing power, but you will hook up with the pavement faster. That's the only reason it will improve a launch/1/4 mile time, because technically it absorbs power....

right?
Old 04-09-2003, 10:43 AM
zeroday

ahhhhhhhhh, I get it

So you're saying in any two identical cars, that the car without the LSD will be faster off the line IF it can hook up with the pavement in the same amount of time as the car with the LSD. With an LSD, you may be losing power, but you will hook up with the pavement faster. That's the only reason it will improve a launch/1/4 mile time, because technically it absorbs power....

right?
IMHO yes...not sure exactly how much power is lost by the lsd though?? Anyone notice differences in the base dyno vs the w/lsd dyno?