Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

TEIN owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 02:16 AM
brey///t

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TEIN owners

Hi, I just installed the EDFC to my TEIN FLEX. And I can't feel any difference. There's hardly any diff in from the most track mode (01-01) to the comfort mode (16-16).

I wonder if you guys Tein Owners out there experience the same thing. I suspected my techinician inability coz it was his first time, and the instructions were in Japanese. He did it by the diagram.
Old 04-15-2003, 08:40 AM
failsafe
....for your health

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brey- I get mine installed tomorrow, so I'll let you know then.
I used to live in SD- who did your install for you?
Old 04-15-2003, 09:55 AM
curiousZ

I have tein SS on an rsx-s and there is a major difference between min and max settings. It is possible that the edfc was not installed correctly on the strut and the motors are not turning correctly. I believe that on www.tein.com there are the instructions in english for both the edfc and the coilovers. Good luck!
Old 04-16-2003, 11:30 AM
Moodie
Minivan Racer

Default Hey Jason,

Originally posted by failsaf3
Brey- I get mine installed tomorrow, so I'll let you know then.
I used to live in SD- who did your install for you?
Where are you installing your TEINs at? Where are you putting the EDFC? Can't wait to see it!!!
Old 04-16-2003, 03:46 PM
failsafe
....for your health

Moodie- Just got back from Gruppe-S. They installed the Tein's but the EDFC isn't in until next week (prob Tues).
Wow what a difference over the stock set up- unfortunately it's raining today so I wasn't able to truly test it out. But I can definitely tell the difference.
EDFC will be installed in the compartment at the rear of the center console. I'm also going to have them install sways late next week. Still trying to decide betweeen the Cusco's and the Nismo's- but leaning towards the Cusco's.
I'll take some pics and post tommorow if the sun comes out.

Brey- sorry as mentioned I have to wait until the EDFC arrives before I can comment- I'm currently running the dampening right in the middle and can tell quite a difference- I'll give you an update after the EDFC s installed.
Old 04-16-2003, 04:49 PM
Moodie
Minivan Racer

Talking Nice!!!

Can't wait to see it! I am the kind of guy that wants to do it together. My rims are in, but the Tires won't be available till early May. I am installing everything (Rims and TEINS) at that time! Post some pics if you can! How much did you lower the car and what settings?

Cusco's are cheaper and adjustable, but how often will you adjust your sways....really? I am leaning towards the NISMO sways......we'll see!
Old 04-16-2003, 05:07 PM
failsafe
....for your health

Moodie- The car is probably about 1/2 inch lower in the front - 1 inch lower in the rear- but may go a bit lower as the springs settle. When I go back to have the EDFC installed the springs should be pretty set and I can have them adjust it accordingly.
As for the sways- I'm actually leaning towards the Cusco's since they are adjustable. I wont be messing with them that much but they give you the ability to adjust the set up initially.
I was so close to buying those TE37's they have in stock, but I think I want to go with a bit wider in the rear. Very tempting though.
I'll get some pics at work tomorrow and post them.

-Jason
Old 04-16-2003, 05:28 PM
Moodie
Minivan Racer

Default Cool!

What's next? May be I'll give you a call and checkout your ride when you get the EDFC install! Enjoy!!
Old 04-16-2003, 08:23 PM
brey///t

Yeah, please update me on the EDFCs coz it's kinda irritating me. I can hear the motor runiing but not sure if the EDFC is actually working.