Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Help Suspension Tanabe, Tien, Eibach... So Many Questions!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 05:38 PM
Saikou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Suspension Tanabe, Tien, Eibach... So Many Questions!

Hi Everyone I need some help with my suspension, I had posted a similar post in another thread but I decided to start my own. Thanks for understanding.

I just recently got a new 2007 350z in SMB, and I really want to lower the car and get a decent and noticeable drop. The problem is that I have read on the forum that if you lowering you car more than 1 inch then you are out of Spec thus messing up your alignment and you get unnecessary tire ware.
Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
^ you'll definitely need a camber kit unless you want to go through rear tires every 10K miles.
Unless you purchase a $400+ rear camber kit to fix the problem.

I was looking at the Tanabe GF-210's b/c they give a decent drop and I am looking for some softer springs b/c this car is going to be used as a daily driver they seem like the perfect springs for me.

GF-210:
350Z: Front (1.0), Rear (1.2)
But from what I have read you need the Camber kit…

SO now I am thinking of getting the Tein S-tech:
350Z: (Front: -0.7 in; Rear: -0.6 in)
Just to stay in Spec.

I have also heard on the forum that the Eibach Pro-Kit is:
1" drop all around, and progressive.

But from http://www.gruppe-s.com/350z/zsus.htm
It says that it gives:

Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
350z: (Front: -1.8 in; Rear: -1.2 in)

I really really liked the drop for the GF210’s. And I really need to know if it necessary to purchase a after market camber kit for a 350z in order to install the Tanabe GF-210's and archive the 1.2inch drop.And if so if I got the teins would the drop even be noticeable?And if I were to get Eibach Pro-Kit and the proposed 1” all around would this spring set allow me to stay within spec?

ALSO If I were to get coilovers… and adjust them to be under the 1inch lowering point. Would this solve my problem of staying with in spec? With having to purchase the camber arms?

B/c it is only about 800 for some Tien basics…

Tanabe GF210+ rear camber kit $435.00+ $180.00 = $615.00

I would gladly pay that extra to get some coilovers, paying $615.00 just to lower my car + installation of both the springs and the arm, I think if not costing me more, then probably about the same if I just bought the coilovers.

And another thing… http://www.gruppe-s.com/350z/zsus/jicz33reararms.html

For race use only…. I am not going to be racing T-T so I am a little confused about that also...

I would also love to know specifically what happens when your car is out of spec, are the cons of not getting a rear camber kit as bad as I have been told?

SO WHAT SHOULD I DO!?

Play it safe with Tiens or Eibachs, Get the Tanabe's w/o camber kit, or maybe get Tein basics? What would you do?

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCED FOR YOU HELP!!
Old 04-13-2007, 05:58 PM
flynbrin

please use the SEARCH

there is probably about 90823747465928346 threads regarding all your questions
Old 04-13-2007, 07:17 PM
Saikou

I did i just need some opinions and feedback, and a little more clarification thanks
Old 04-14-2007, 04:34 PM
Saikou

acually i think i found my answer, i think i may have to go withthe tein S-tech springs, since i want to stay in spec. i really wanted to get the GF-210's but i didnt want to but the camber arms T-T. Any info on the Eibach Pro-Kit and its actually lowering?
Old 04-15-2007, 06:04 AM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Saikou
acually i think i found my answer, i think i may have to go withthe tein S-tech springs, since i want to stay in spec. i really wanted to get the GF-210's but i didnt want to but the camber arms T-T. Any info on the Eibach Pro-Kit and its actually lowering?

Both the GF-210 and Pro-Kit offer pretty much the same drop. However, looking back to posts done by both owners that have installed and commented about each spring since 2003, it does come to mind that we've seen a few (as in rare) post's by Pro-kit owners that commented they felt the car went lower then the published drop amount. Can't really recall GF-210 owners ever wondering the same thing. Though as a disclaimer, both springs are more frequently run by those more concerned with looks then anything else so we may have owners that might be pleased if they got more drop then published.

Eibach 350Z progressive springs 1”/1”
Spring rates in LBS initial/final front 296/384 initial/final rear 316/421

Tanabe GF210 Series 350Z progressive springs 1”/1.2”
Spring rates in LBS 336/375

Tein S-tech 350Z springs .7“.6“ (fronts are progressive, rears are linear)
Spring rates in LBS 386/402