Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Camber Arms

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 08:45 AM
RKnight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camber Arms

Was reading all the posts I could find comparing front camber arms before buying.I like the design of the Cusco arms the most but found out if you ever need new dust boots you have to buy a whole new ball joint. Not good.
The Megan Racing arms look good also but not a lot of people have experience with them.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:51 AM
jimmyloose

Cusco arms work just fine
Old 05-01-2007, 11:40 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by jimmyloose
Cusco arms work just fine
+1
Old 05-02-2007, 12:22 PM
sfarrah

I'd suggest you check out the SPL camber/caster arms. For only a few bucks more you get a greater range of camber adjustment and the added ability to adjust caster. They come with threaded adjusters that will never slip and QA1 chromoly rod ends. For the money these things simply cannot be beat in my opinion. They're now offered in a street spec or race spec version also.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:20 AM
RKnight

Yeah, I was looking at the SPL arms and talked to Steve Mitchel at M-Workz since he uses them. Relentless Auto also has them on their car. I have seen how difficult it is to adjust arms with a four bolt slider like Stillen and CUSCO. Their isn't enough droop in the suspension to work over the top of the arm to get to the adjustment bolts easily. Looking at SPC which is also popular you only have that one large bolt and I wonder if it is prone to slipping. EVO350 arms were smart, their bolt heads face down under the arm for better accesability but high price and limited availability.
I just wish the SPL arms had some gussets at the tube joins. They look so spindly as they are.Unitech machined theirs from billet because they were getting a lot of flex out of the forged OEM arms.

Last edited by RKnight; 05-03-2007 at 05:58 AM.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:01 PM
kuah@splparts.com
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by RKnight
I just wish the SPL arms had some gussets at the tube joins. They look so spindly as they are.Unitech machined theirs from billet because they were getting a lot of flex out of the forged OEM arms.
Hi!

Not sure if you actually saw our arms in person, but the 1.125" chromoly tubing we use is alot more substantial than it looks in pictures. Our tubing has about 6-7 TIMES the cross section of the stock arm, on top of that, the tensile strength of normalized chromoly (4130) is about TWICE that of billet 6061-T6 aluminum. Chromoly actually also has a better strength to weight ratio than 6061 aluminum. Our arms are substantially stronger than the stock arms, and while I don't have the dimensions for the Unitech arms, I will bet money that our arms are stronger than their arms as well (since otherwise they would need the equivalent of 1.5" thick solid round 6061 aluminum).

Remember that 1.5" chromoly tubing is what is used in ROLL CAGES (before alot of the rules changed because some shops were not normalizing the chromoly after welding).
Old 05-03-2007, 06:24 PM
RKnight

Does anyone distribute your arms out here in SoCa. I don't think Steve at M-WORKZ usually sells parts but if he could I would buy from him. I know I can get them from your web site but under my circumstances it would be better if I could get them locally.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:55 PM
kuah@splparts.com
Vendor - Former Vendor

Does anyone distribute your arms out here in SoCa. I don't think Steve at M-WORKZ usually sells parts but if he could I would buy from him. I know I can get them from your web site but under my circumstances it would be better if I could get them locally.
You could check with Steve, if he calls us up I can give him dealer pricing. We have also other dealers in California: Relentless, VRT, Z Car Garage, Precision Z, Corner 3, etc. However I don't think anybody stocks the arms though.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Jason@Riverside
Vendor - Former Vendor

Cusco ones are my fav if you are going to do it... But get them to get more negitive camber up front more so then to put less IMHO...

My favorite ones are no longer in production
Old 05-04-2007, 09:29 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We switched from Cusco to SPL and the SPL are much much better. I had all but two bolts back themselves out on the Cuscos, not to mention we could't get enough - camber out of them. SPL are 10x better.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:22 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cusco's on my own car since 2005 - the first set brought in ever went on my car.

I can't tell you how many times we've adjusted these at the track....zero issues, took all of 5 mins per side to adjust, and have never had any negative issue with them at all (and, they are silent!)
Old 05-08-2007, 05:20 AM
RKnight

I wonder if the SPL arms are suitable for a daily driver that I only track 3-4 times a year. Will you get a lot of noise and vibration thru the heim joints compared to poly. Also are all the pieces SS so they won't rust from rain.
From what I have heard the Cosco are adjustable in a set degree of increments according to what holes you install the bolts in? Does that mean that even though the arm is slotted once the bolts are installed there is no way the plate can slip?
Old 05-08-2007, 05:25 AM
Kolia

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just mounted the SPL arms on my car.

Noise level is barelly higher from the solid mounts. Not an issue IMO. The tires still make way more noise than that. Steering feel is a bit better (plasebo effect?)
Old 05-08-2007, 07:10 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

From what I have heard the Cosco are adjustable in a set degree of increments according to what holes you install the bolts in? Does that mean that even though the arm is slotted once the bolts are installed there is no way the plate can slip?
correct
Old 05-25-2007, 04:46 AM
HARRYPOTTER

this is good info, I just got the Cusco arms along with the tien Drift master setup with EDFC, and the GT spec lowere rear tie bar, and the nismo sway bars....I'll let you guys know how everything feels, but I was worried about the a-arms...I trust Adam though...sounds good.

Adam...do you know about JIC's links (rear camber link/traction rods) ....I heard they were the best, but you know alot about suspension so....
Old 05-25-2007, 06:53 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

we've used the JIC links before - they work well, but are quite pricey. Very nicely produced, but takes a very good alignment shop to understand how to setup independantly adjustable links properly.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:57 AM
HARRYPOTTER

oh ok...yeah I I have a really good shop here, after they corner balance the car they will do everything that's necessary to get it right where I need it. Thanks for your help....
Old 05-25-2007, 06:58 AM
HARRYPOTTER

do you have a shop around that you know would be able to do it properly?
Old 05-25-2007, 07:08 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

no one I'd go so far as to recommend no
Old 05-25-2007, 07:09 AM
JCZ33

Meagen

Quick Reply: Camber Arms