Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

how to install coil overs

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 10:40 PM
350ZTheStandard

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question how to install coil overs

Hello, Just purchased Megan coilovers & not quite sure how to install em.... any ideas, pics or thoughts on how to do this ??? 05 350Z Enthusiast looking to lower the car approx 1.25 inches for the handling and the custom look
Old 05-30-2007, 11:09 PM
WangZ808

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its a pretty easy job. one person can do it, but it helps to have another set of hands to hold things in place. step one..take off the oem stuff. step two put on your coilovers...they should just bolt into place (reverse order of what you did to take it all off) the front is easier then the rear...for the rear you will need a spring compressor(s). another tool that helped was a pry bar...even after all the bolts are removed some parts of the linkage will take some elbow grease to remove. i think it took me about 30min each side...after you do one side, the other side goes faster, cuz you know how to do everything

hopefully you have some instructions that came with the coilovers??

you may what to use the search function...there are probably several write ups on this matter. your car will look so sick after its lowered...welcome to the "i hate speed bumps club"
Old 06-01-2007, 12:46 PM
HARRYPOTTER

Not Meagan....oh man....best of luck to you man...not a fan of anything megan
Old 06-02-2007, 02:23 AM
350ZTheStandard

Instructions????? My350Z is my instructions!!!!!Thanks I will continue to search for online resources, also been reading the Nissan shop manual to get the feel for the task ahead. Thanks for the good advice, appreciate it. MOst of the cars on track days seem to have megan coliovers on everything from Z's to s3000 and the SubYs also, most say these are as good as the coilovers that are "the names" not soo much the performance, yu know who i am talking bout.
Originally Posted by WangZ808
its a pretty easy job. one person can do it, but it helps to have another set of hands to hold things in place. step one..take off the oem stuff. step two put on your coilovers...they should just bolt into place (reverse order of what you did to take it all off) the front is easier then the rear...for the rear you will need a spring compressor(s). another tool that helped was a pry bar...even after all the bolts are removed some parts of the linkage will take some elbow grease to remove. i think it took me about 30min each side...after you do one side, the other side goes faster, cuz you know how to do everything

hopefully you have some instructions that came with the coilovers??

you may what to use the search function...there are probably several write ups on this matter. your car will look so sick after its lowered...welcome to the "i hate speed bumps club"
Old 01-18-2008, 06:36 AM
noodleman

nm.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:27 AM
Lawy'dU

Originally Posted by 350ZTheStandard
Instructions????? My350Z is my instructions!!!!!Thanks I will continue to search for online resources, also been reading the Nissan shop manual to get the feel for the task ahead. Thanks for the good advice, appreciate it. MOst of the cars on track days seem to have megan coliovers on everything from Z's to s3000 and the SubYs also, most say these are as good as the coilovers that are "the names" not soo much the performance, yu know who i am talking bout.
I search. If you did some searching you would have never bought Megan Coilovers. Nobody who races their car uses Megans. They are of crappy overal quality. Most people would even get tein basics before they get Megans lol
Old 01-18-2008, 07:41 AM
ZKansasZ

No megan for me. I would stay with stock rather than megan!
Old 01-18-2008, 10:30 AM
350ZTheStandard

They didn't cost $1900.00 and they are easily adjustable, give the Z car quite the bite when on the track.... and I used the left over money to feed my Heroin habbit
Old 01-18-2008, 10:33 AM
HARRYPOTTER

Megan =
Old 01-18-2008, 10:41 AM
350ZTheStandard

Heroin = yesssssssssssssssss