Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 10:50 PM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hooters
Old 06-10-2007, 10:52 PM
Eazzy

Cept they are missing teeth and a little on the fat side...Big Boned I quess. Its a small Hooters. No Chicken Wings but the best damn possum this side of Dallas
Old 06-10-2007, 10:53 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Eazzzzzzy
Ya --Like that town McMurty wrote about ----It was the morning meeting place for rich and poor.

My town has a Pop of 425 all we have is a stinkin Hooters !!!!
Could be worse, you could be stuck with a DQ anf Waffle House.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:58 AM
zzz350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eazzzzzzy
Impatience and irrational action screw up many simple jobs. Personally, I would never buy a used Caliper (if thats the case) and not immediatly rebuild it just Cuz....start fresh and secure. Its hard to isolate the calipers with the SS lines because you dont want to collapse them. On the rubber lines you can gently clamp them.
I gravity bleed most everything, one cal at a time and tap the cal,lines and all components to shake loose air thats clinging.
Dumb, but are the banjos tight and the washers in place. ALWAYS keep in mind that you may be SUCKING air somewhere.
Obviously SOMETHING is wrong, but there are just not that many things that can go wrong in a brake system....Not like looking for a needle in a haystake so to speak.
If your fluid was filthy, you may have disrupted the master cyl and be bypassing. If you apply pressure to the pedal, does it slowly go to the floor??

Put away your Gun and start at A and work towards Z
He can't start at A and work towards Z, he's "retarted", remember.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:25 AM
Lawy'dU

Originally Posted by ZSpectrum
Ok so heres the situation, either my abs system has air bubbles in it(multiple bleedings) the calipers I just bought are fcked(highly doubt it) Or im retarted

My options are rebuilt all calipers and live with it. Rebuild just the rears and go stoptech 13 inch bbk up front or say fck it sell the z and buy a c5 z06. What to do?
If your brake lines have air bubbles, can't you just drain the fluid and then refill them, bleeding them properly to avoid bubbles? If not and you have to rebuild your calipers why not just go with a BBK? Lastly, if you want another car, DON'T BUY A STUPID VETTE!!! But that's my opinion for what it's worth.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:58 AM
ZSpectrum

Originally Posted by Lawy'dU
If your brake lines have air bubbles, can't you just drain the fluid and then refill them, bleeding them properly to avoid bubbles? If not and you have to rebuild your calipers why not just go with a BBK? Lastly, if you want another car, DON'T BUY A STUPID VETTE!!! But that's my opinion for what it's worth.
A. c6 z06s are the syt B. Im gonna go bbk soon C. Traditional bleeding would take 4 hours to remove air bubbles from the abs system.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:58 AM
ZSpectrum

Originally Posted by zzz350
He can't start at A and work towards Z, he's "retarted", remember.
Leave.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:04 AM
Fluid1

Originally Posted by ZSpectrum
Ok so heres the situation, either my abs system has air bubbles in it(multiple bleedings) the calipers I just bought are fcked(highly doubt it) Or im retarted

My options are rebuilt all calipers and live with it. Rebuild just the rears and go stoptech 13 inch bbk up front or say fck it sell the z and buy a c5 z06. What to do?

You're retarted. It's the only choice that makes complete sense.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:09 AM
ZSpectrum

Originally Posted by Fluid1
You're retarted. It's the only choice that makes complete sense.
I actually like you so your a$$hole comments can stay.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:32 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

Originally Posted by Lawy'dU
Pretty sure draining your system dry would totally f-up your master cylinder. If that's what you mean by the highlighted statement.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:03 AM
Eazzy

Originally Posted by MethodRN
Pretty sure draining your system dry would totally f-up your master cylinder. If that's what you mean by the highlighted statement.
No , But its just sensless. It would serve no purpose.
And .........Rebuilding the calipers-----Maybe a 100.00 BBK ------4000.00 Do the Math
Old 06-11-2007, 09:10 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

FYI you are never ever suppose to bleed the brakes with the car on or with the ignition on. This can scew up the ABS system. Even in the service manual it states to unplug the battery.

The proper method is to do the right rear first, front left, front right then left rear. I just did Blaines brakes after we installed SS lines on his 350z. It took a lot of bleeding which it does to get the air out of the lines. But it worked like a champ. My guess is you didn't bleed them enough, or due to the fact the abs/ignition was turned on caused the abs system to get air in it. Now it will take a recalibration by the dealer to fix it.

Originally Posted by walkert
We bleed it as the z manual says the first couple times then we bleed it with the car on. That has been know to help move more fluid. The car might need to be presure bleed to make sure the air is out of the abs manifold. I have been having problems with my back (disk) and today after 7 hrs of work my back was calling it a day. I offered z spectrum to leave the car over night and have robert and I do a longer bleed in the morning but the tow truck was already on its way. I have done this install before and not had any problems. I swapped out his brake line with SS and did the same bleed a month ago a it worked like a champ. Worst case the right caliper is bypassing and needs to be rebuilt. Best case it needs a long 3hrs of bleeding to make sure the abs has no air in it. You can bench bleed it or presure bleed it. Or just bleed a full bottle of brake fluid through it.

I would not go BBK until you know the calipers are bad. The difference will be marginal at best.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:17 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Also proper method of bleeding to add to my last post. Not sure how you did it.

You need 2 people to do this job. One needs to be sitting in the car waiting for your commands. One at the calipers. Make sure the brake fluid in the engine bay is full and the top is off.

Starting at the right rear, connect the clear hose (part of your brake bleed kit with the small bottle) to the nipple and ensure it has a tight seal then you release the nipple about 1/4 a turn. Have the driver push the brake pedal to the floor and hold it. Close the valve. Tell the driver to release. Then open valve again, tell driver down to floor, and tighten valve, then tell driver to release. Do this till no air or bubbles come out after at least 5 times. If its Brembos, do the other nimple about 2 more times after you do the inner one.

Make sure you keep an eye on that fluid resevoir. You do not want it to go below the min line because you can get air in the system this way.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:31 AM
zzz350

Zspectrum, from your posts I can tell that you better take it to the shop.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:49 AM
ZSpectrum

Originally Posted by zzz350
Zspectrum, from your posts I can tell that you better take it to the shop.
Its at a shop. Thanks.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:50 AM
ZSpectrum

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Also proper method of bleeding to add to my last post. Not sure how you did it.

You need 2 people to do this job. One needs to be sitting in the car waiting for your commands. One at the calipers. Make sure the brake fluid in the engine bay is full and the top is off.

Starting at the right rear, connect the clear hose (part of your brake bleed kit with the small bottle) to the nipple and ensure it has a tight seal then you release the nipple about 1/4 a turn. Have the driver push the brake pedal to the floor and hold it. Close the valve. Tell the driver to release. Then open valve again, tell driver down to floor, and tighten valve, then tell driver to release. Do this till no air or bubbles come out after at least 5 times. If its Brembos, do the other nimple about 2 more times after you do the inner one.

Make sure you keep an eye on that fluid resevoir. You do not want it to go below the min line because you can get air in the system this way.
Thats what we did.