Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Help!!! Eibach Pro-kit Makes My Z Higher Than Stock

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 06:41 PM
VN_350z
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i didn't even look to see if there was any part number engraved on the spring. Anyone know?
Old 06-24-2007, 06:56 PM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ANXIOUZ
What year is your car? There were some issues with Hotchkis springs on 06's where Hotchkis screwed up a batch.
That could be it. I was the one that noticed the problem and notified Hotchkis but just to clarify their springs are all the same regardless of year. Hotchkis handled the issue well and sent me a new set which fixed it, so might want to call Eibach and talk with someone.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:56 PM
fb305

There should be a part # on the springs. You must have the wrong ones, because they wont settle much more than a 1/4 inch. I installed eibachs on the car I had before I got the Z and I got an uneven drop. Eibach's Tech service was horrible as well. If you can, take them back where you bought them and exchange them, otherwise you have to send them to eibach and they test them to see if they're out of spec, then they either send you new ones or the same ones back. Either way it takes awhile. Personally I'll never buy eibach again due to the problems I had with them in the past. Good luck.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:26 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No matter what your going to want to pull the springs. IMO either Eibach packaged the wrong springs or you were sold the wrong set. I"ll bet one way or another you have G35 sedan Pro-kits. They will bolt right up and would pretty much be oem Z height when installed. Since they are progressive, makes sense they could be a taller spring then a oem Z spring.

If your not willing to dismount the springs first thing, get to the Eibach's that you now have mounted on the car in a way that lets you read the part numbers on one side and write those numbers down. Do not be tempted to just read the box and get the numbers that way. Doing one front and one rear spring should do the trick. IMO
Old 06-24-2007, 07:29 PM
Gsedan35

Originally Posted by fb305
There should be a part # on the springs. You must have the wrong ones, because they wont settle much more than a 1/4 inch. I installed eibachs on the car I had before I got the Z and I got an uneven drop. Eibach's Tech service was horrible as well. If you can, take them back where you bought them and exchange them, otherwise you have to send them to eibach and they test them to see if they're out of spec, then they either send you new ones or the same ones back. Either way it takes awhile. Personally I'll never buy eibach again due to the problems I had with them in the past. Good luck.
I may put some tech's on the defensive pretty quick and I'm pretty cold to the type of progressive spirng they push. But, I have to say in all the many times I've dialed Eibach's tech line it was alway's been a pleasure to speak with the tech at the other end of the line. Sorry to hear you had problems.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:00 PM
VN_350z
Banned

Originally Posted by Gsedan35
No matter what your going to want to pull the springs. IMO either Eibach packaged the wrong springs or you were sold the wrong set. I"ll bet one way or another you have G35 sedan Pro-kits. They will bolt right up and would pretty much be oem Z height when installed. Since they are progressive, makes sense they could be a taller spring then a oem Z spring.

If your not willing to dismount the springs first thing, get to the Eibach's that you now have mounted on the car in a way that lets you read the part numbers on one side and write those numbers down. Do not be tempted to just read the box and get the numbers that way. Doing one front and one rear spring should do the trick. IMO
****, if they gave me the G35 sedan then i am pretty much f!cked. Damn it.

G35 sedan stock is higher than Z so what eibach pro-kit for G35 actually drops 1inch too (but for Z it raises) ??
Sedan G35 springs fit 350z w/o any problem? My mechanic also pointed out to me the the Z rear suspension is different in term of shock separeted from the spring (front spring wraps around the shock). So I guess G35 suspension just like the Z?
Old 06-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Gsedan35

Originally Posted by VN_350z
****, if they gave me the G35 sedan then i am pretty much f!cked. Damn it.

G35 sedan stock is higher than Z so what eibach pro-kit for G35 actually drops 1inch too (but for Z it raises) ??
Sedan G35 springs fit 350z w/o any problem? My mechanic also pointed out to me the the Z rear suspension is different in term of shock separeted from the spring (front spring wraps around the shock). So I guess G35 suspension just like the Z?

Man I guess I take it for granted that I do all my work myself, yeah a mess up like you might have really put's you guys out that have a shop do the work for you.

RWD G35 sedan's rides 1" higher then the Z. Yes the springs will mount on both cars without any problems. The RWD G35 suspension is the same as the Z for the purpose of this discussion (shocks and springs differ of course).
Old 06-25-2007, 01:31 PM
VN_350z
Banned

UPDATE: I bought the "supposed to be Eibach pro-kit" springs used from a member here. I talked to him this morning and he told me that he sold them for a friend so he would not know. He's willing to take them back back (Nice guy). For protecting his business, I rather keep his name private.

I just order a set of Tanabe GF210 from a vendor here (Invidia). Hopefully, I get it right this time.

I thought I'd save money by getting a used springs but it actually costs my more money...500 bucks to be exact.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:24 PM
SanMarinoZR

Ouch. Sometimes a "deal" ends up costing more than just buying new parts from a retailer. In any event, good luck with your new springs.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:00 PM
VN_350z
Banned

UPDATE: After inspecting the springs, it's certain that those springs are stock since they have 3 red marks just like my stock springs. I think those are for G35 coupe. No wonder it raised up my car. Good thing that seller (member from this forum) has agreed to give me my money back. He said he sold the springs for his friends so he didn't know. He's cool about it. Oh well, I wasted 350 bucks for installation (twice) but it's cool. Here's my new drop with Tanabe Gf210. Love the ride. I just made the trip to Las Vegas and loved the ride.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....19#post4009119
Old 07-02-2007, 04:25 PM
VIZAGE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice car. I bet that S2000 in the background is used to being behind you
all the time? LOL.