Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Tein Basics - Whats needed to fix the camber?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 05:11 AM
orbitalpunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tein Basics - Whats needed to fix the camber?

I had purchased the tein basics and plan to drop it to the recommend hight of 1. somthing . can anyone share there experience with basics and share what they need to correct the camber? was the front and rear out of spec after an alinment? do you need camber kits for the front and rear or just the fronts?

just wanna drop it right,
Thanks
Old 06-29-2007, 05:19 AM
playa6tnine

i personally dont have the tein basic, but with the search feature over a period of time i found the answers to all my questions.

anyway to answer your question, a camber kit for front and rear is needed for the tein basics at a 1" drop. the recomended setting from tein for the basics is at 1".

the alignment will be out of spec without the camber kits.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:05 PM
orbitalpunk

i did search and joined in a thread with my question but nobody replied to my post

would that be upper kits for the front and back or would i need a rear kit somewhere?
Old 07-03-2007, 08:10 AM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Front: SPL, SPC, 350EVO, or Cusco
Rear: SPC camber arms and toe bolts

SPL front
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218802

SPC front
http://www.truehonda.com/inventory.p...tdetail&id=518

Cusco front
http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?m...ng&prodid=1288

SPC camber arms and toe bolts
http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?m...ng&prodid=1314
Old 07-04-2007, 10:51 PM
orbitalpunk

hey Gsedan,

do you know if the cusco's provide enough positive camber to bring it back into spec after droping it 1.2-1.5 inches?

and on the spc rears, do you still need to cut the sub frame for the toe bolt to fit. if so, that is ridiculous and they need to fix that.

thanks
Old 07-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by orbitalpunk
hey Gsedan,

do you know if the cusco's provide enough positive camber to bring it back into spec after droping it 1.2-1.5 inches?

and on the spc rears, do you still need to cut the sub frame for the toe bolt to fit. if so, that is ridiculous and they need to fix that.

thanks
Lets see what drop this owner with Basics dropped to on his Tein basic install. Once we know what height he used, that may give us some insight.
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....50#post4026250

Yes, you still need to enlarge the inner slots that the lower trailing arm mounts to in order to install the SPC toe cam bolts. Unless you convert to true coilovers and use the Battle Version arms or you invest in SPL's new pro mid link kit (their discription not mine), using the SPC toe cam bolts and just dealing with the elbow work is the best way to correct toe. If you don't own a Dremel, it's a really good excuse to finally get yourself a really usefull tool.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:50 AM
Michla22

hey Gsedan,

thanks
I have Tein Basics with the suggested drop - I also have cusco a-arms and the spc arms/bolts in the back:

Cusco's worked just good enough for my setup to go back within stock specs - but it depends on your rims/tires setup as well.....
And yes you still need to grind the sub frame for the tow bolt - not that big of a deal though.

Last edited by Michla22; 07-06-2007 at 12:52 AM.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:07 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Michla22
I have Tein Basics with the suggested drop - I also have cusco a-arms and the spc arms/bolts in the back:

Cusco's worked just good enough for my setup to go back within stock specs - but it depends on your rims/tires setup as well.....
And yes you still need to grind the sub frame for the tow bolt - not that big of a deal though.
Write up of the SPC toe bolt install here:

http://turboneticsownersclub.com/tur...oltinstall.pdf
Old 07-09-2007, 04:38 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

hey Gsedan,

thanks
ridiculous? how else would you propse an eccentric bolt to work? You are not "cutting" the subframe - you are taking an existing hole and making it slightly larger. It needs an oblong hole to spin in....it's not hard to do, takes a few minutes per side with a dremel

to answer your first question, no one can tell you...it depends on your car (initial alignment settings for one, exact rideheight), and the rest of your setup
Old 07-16-2007, 07:46 AM
cferraro85

i have the basics on my car with the recommended drop. my front is out of spec enough that i will need front a arms to go with my rear camber kit. and yes you have to elongate the bolt hole in the rear, kinda a b*tch too.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:09 AM
redlude97

I don't understand why everyone complains about the toe bolt, the dremeling takes like 1 minute per side, and its a way better solution than those "toe" arms put out by megan and kinetix
Old 07-22-2007, 01:55 PM
wesismyhero

Originally Posted by redlude97
I don't understand why everyone complains about the toe bolt, the dremeling takes like 1 minute per side, and its a way better solution than those "toe" arms put out by megan and kinetix
Anybody heard anything about the Top Speed toe arms yet?