Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

So whats the concensus on hotchkis springs? (concerning camber)

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 05:52 PM
litlechina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So whats the concensus on hotchkis springs? (concerning camber)

Right now I have tananbe gf210's and recently i looked at my tires and they are all dead....so im thinking about raising the car just a bit with the hotchkis springs so I can get the camber back into spec a little easier. I am also running the cusco a-arms and plan to add a vertex lip kit. So im thinking raising it for that reason will help with any scraping in the future as well. STL roads are the best.

Just wondering, if most of the time, hotchkis users run into camber problems or not.

I have searched and see that some people have a lot of luck with them...but just looking for some more direct responses.

Thanks for the help and patience.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:01 PM
push

-1.6 in front -1.5 rear with hotchkis, no problems at all. Everything is within specs.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:05 PM
litlechina

nice...im wondering why things vary so much from car to car with the same suspension...it sucks.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:39 PM
sry110

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Nissan dealer was able to get the camber on my car back to within factory specs after dropping it on Hotchkis. I don't recall the exact angles off the top of my head.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:49 PM
litlechina

thanks....i just dont know wut to do yet...cuz I could either jsut get the SPC rear camber arms and adjust the camber...or get the hotchkis and get it realigned and by doing that, my car will have a little more road clearance for when I put my vertex kit on.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:08 PM
Mazinger Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The reason I went w/ Hotchkis is because people said it could be aligned back to spec...wrong. I talked to the people at WCN and they told me that it varies from car to car. Basically, the front cannot be adjusted at all, the car just wasn't designed that way. The rears have verrry little adjustability. Some cars are lucky where you could get the fronts to adjust back to spec and some don't. Justin at WCN told me that it has to do with the upper mounting joints (the rubber part) on the stock A-arm. Good luck, imo, I would just get some upper a-arms and toe bolts/camber arms.

Edit: Oh, some alignment places can get it back to spec because they bend your stock parts...I wouldn't recommend that though, any time you mess with the structural rigidity of a stock component somehow it will come back to haunt you later.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Vertex350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bugsbbunny
The reason I went w/ Hotchkis is because people said it could be aligned back to spec...wrong. I talked to the people at WCN and they told me that it varies from car to car. Basically, the front cannot be adjusted at all, the car just wasn't designed that way. The rears have verrry little adjustability. Some cars are lucky where you could get the fronts to adjust back to spec and some don't. Justin at WCN told me that it has to do with the upper mounting joints (the rubber part) on the stock A-arm. Good luck, imo, I would just get some upper a-arms and toe bolts/camber arms.
WCN was able to get my rears back in spec because I have SPC adjustable arms and toe bolts. But the fronts are -1.4 now but to be in spec, needs to be -1.3 or more... so 0.1 isn't a big deal to me right now.

Last edited by Vertex350; 07-15-2007 at 09:59 PM.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:43 PM
litlechina

ok...thanks for the help guys...i think ill just invest in the SPC arms instead of switching the tanabe gf210s to hotchkis and having to spend even more money down the road for the camber kits