Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

TANABE SUSTEC PRO FIVE - anyone have these installed??

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 08:06 AM
z350boy
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TANABE SUSTEC PRO FIVE - anyone have these installed??

As the title says I am trying to get feedback from anyone that has the TANABE SUSTEC PRO FIVE with the TEAS controller installed. Thanks.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:14 PM
TanabeUSA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was actually only handfull of the kits that were released to the US market a few months back. But we are getting another larger shipment of the Pro5's expected to arrive early next week. Pro5's + the TEAS is really an awesome setup.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:38 PM
z350boy
Banned

I decided to go with the Pro Five set-up and the TEAS box and can honestly say WOW!!! I had the Tanabe PRO-SOC II set-up previously and thought that was a really nice suspension. However with the PRO-Five I can feel the suspension stiffening and softening!! I have only used the auto setting because I wanted to feel out the difference in the settings. I am truly impressed!! My only real concern was how the suspension would interact with my TT's. So far I have not had any problems. Once again Tanabe comes through!!!
Old 09-28-2007, 07:23 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by TanabeUSA
There was actually only handfull of the kits that were released to the US market a few months back. But we are getting another larger shipment of the Pro5's expected to arrive early next week. Pro5's + the TEAS is really an awesome setup.
What is the difference between the Pro5 and Pro7 systems for the Z/G? I looked at both of them on your website, but couldn't figure out what differentiates the two.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:14 PM
z350boy
Banned

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
What is the difference between the Pro5 and Pro7 systems for the Z/G? I looked at both of them on your website, but couldn't figure out what differentiates the two.
After much consultation I decided to go with the PRO-Five's instead of the Seven's. I spoke to several people involved in track racing and drifting. The general consensus is that the seven's are too stiff for the street. The Five's give a balance between street & track. I made my decision based on the opinion's of people that I trust. So far I am very happy with my choice.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:51 PM
Darwizel

hey z350boy, ive been looking for info on pro 5's. Is it comfy on streets? also can you adjust the ride height? if so, whats the maximum drop?
Old 09-28-2007, 11:11 PM
r_seng

the Pro 5s replaced the SS i believe. i had also run the Soc Type II and thought they were impressive also, but the Pro 5 is as ^ said, street comfort and track readiness. of course height and dampening is adjustable, as far as how much i am not sure.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:26 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by z350boy
After much consultation I decided to go with the PRO-Five's instead of the Seven's. I spoke to several people involved in track racing and drifting. The general consensus is that the seven's are too stiff for the street. The Five's give a balance between street & track. I made my decision based on the opinion's of people that I trust. So far I am very happy with my choice.
Thanks. But my understanding is that there is a separate "Hard Driving" version of the Sustec Pro Seven's in addition to the regular version of the Pro Seven. The Hard Driving version has higher spring rates for track use.

http://www.tanabe-usa.com/coilovers/seven.asp

I can't help but wonder if the track guys you spoke with were talking about the Hard Driving version. I hope TanabeUSA gets back on here to clarify things.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:22 PM
ala012

Anyone have this ??

My friends recommends pro five but i am not sure...
Old 10-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Darwizel

Hi everyone. Does anybody know if tanabe pro 5 is rebuildable if broken?? If so, is there any around in California?? I live in la county.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:49 AM
tanman8181

Originally Posted by Darwizel
Hi everyone. Does anybody know if tanabe pro 5 is rebuildable if broken?? If so, is there any around in California?? I live in la county.
You should call tanabe usa and ask them. I had a blown shock on my Tanabe DDs on my s14 and called them directly. Just as long as they arent discontinued you should be able to source a replacement shock or replacement parts.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:45 AM
z350boy
Banned

Originally Posted by ala012
Anyone have this ??

My friends recommends pro five but i am not sure...
The general consensus from my friends agrees with what you said. Evidently the Seven's have much stiffer settings. Again several people I spoke to, including distributors, racers and street drivers is that the five's are more balanced for the street. If you get the TEAS controller you can have the settings atumatically adjust on the fly. That's what I really like. Trust me...you won't go wrong with the five's!!
Old 10-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The general consensus from my friends agrees with what you said. Evidently the Seven's have much stiffer settings. Again several people I spoke to, including distributors, racers and street drivers is that the five's are more balanced for the street. If you get the TEAS controller you can have the settings atumatically adjust on the fly. That's what I really like. Trust me...you won't go wrong with the five's!!
x1 the teas and 5's are a sick combo.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:54 PM
G_3_5

Any updated news on these?

Do these include the upper mounts (i.e. metal pillowball or rubber ones? If they do, how much adjustment is possible?...are camber arms necessary to avoid uneven tire wear (for a mostly daily driven car) or do they have enough adjustment to get NEAR factory alignment specs
Old 01-22-2008, 05:30 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

he had one coilover break as a result of a pothole and last I heard was awaiting parts, which turned out to be insanely expensive

there are no adjustable camber plates on any coilover for a Z?g - it's just not how the suspension is designed. No coilover gives alignment adjustability - for that, you need front adjustable a arms and a rear camber/toe kit
Old 11-06-2008, 12:05 PM
NOLA_Z33

I was thinking about going with the Tanabe Sustec 5's as well, glad to hear they're a good choice.... the streets around New Orleans are horrible though lol
Old 11-06-2008, 06:31 PM
solrchrgd

Default Update?

I am looking for coilovers for my 07 Z and was wondering if you are still happy with your Tanabe Pro Five set-up?

thanks
Bryan

I decided to go with the Pro Five set-up and the TEAS box and can honestly say WOW!!! I had the Tanabe PRO-SOC II set-up previously and thought that was a really nice suspension. However with the PRO-Five I can feel the suspension stiffening and softening!! I have only used the auto setting because I wanted to feel out the difference in the settings. I am truly impressed!! My only real concern was how the suspension would interact with my TT's. So far I have not had any problems. Once again Tanabe comes through!!!
Old 11-07-2008, 08:23 AM
TRYNALIVEPRO

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm stuck between the Pro 5's and the non hard driving pro 7 version. I don't track nor daily drive my Z. The 7's are a little bit stiffer and has a few more adjustments, I'm thinking is it worth it or should I just get the cheaper pro 5 with teas and call it a day. But I'm the type that likes to get things done right the first time around. I don't want to get the 5's and the suspension is too soft for my taste. I've emailed TanabeUSA but never got any info back on the height adjustments with the Pro 5's and 7's.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:48 AM
TRYNALIVEPRO

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

seems like pops(z350boy) got banned but I'll hit him on the TSZ forum and get his input on the pro 5's
Old 11-11-2008, 07:44 PM
deisel

Default go for pro 7s

I would go with pro 7s give logan a call A spec in so cal or check them out at aspec.com. I have pro 7s then are very nice the shock is made by kyb the ride is beautiful when setting is high its stiff but real nice and solid. I keep mine in middle and its great. they r bad *** car handles amazing and are made 100% in japan. the finshed products is very nice. I can only say good things about them and run there stabilizer with it and u will be very happy with ur car

Quick Reply: TANABE SUSTEC PRO FIVE - anyone have these installed??