Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

TANABE SUSTEC PRO FIVE - anyone have these installed??

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 08:19 PM
VoodooJC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the PRO FIVE with TEAS. I like it so far.. great handling on the mountains.. I wish it could be a little softer on the softest setting, but it's okay for daily driving. I called them about the difference between the FIVE and SEVEN. Basically, if you aren't going to track your car, you'll be fine with the FIVE.

One weird thing is the rear suspension makes a sound when it hits a large bump.. nothing annoying, but it's there.. hard to describe the sound.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:39 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

problem is availability. Everytime we ask them for stock for someone, they are special order only (no doubt due to their cost)
Old 11-14-2008, 12:03 AM
godbecks

Originally Posted by VoodooJC
I have the PRO FIVE with TEAS. I like it so far.. great handling on the mountains.. I wish it could be a little softer on the softest setting, but it's okay for daily driving. I called them about the difference between the FIVE and SEVEN. Basically, if you aren't going to track your car, you'll be fine with the FIVE.

One weird thing is the rear suspension makes a sound when it hits a large bump.. nothing annoying, but it's there.. hard to describe the sound.
Hey bro.. with the pro5.. is the sound consistent..?

and anyone with the 5's having same problem..

because i am very particular abt knockings like TEIN's one
Old 11-15-2008, 08:15 AM
TRYNALIVEPRO

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by deisel
I would go with pro 7s give logan a call A spec in so cal or check them out at aspec.com. I have pro 7s then are very nice the shock is made by kyb the ride is beautiful when setting is high its stiff but real nice and solid. I keep mine in middle and its great. they r bad *** car handles amazing and are made 100% in japan. the finshed products is very nice. I can only say good things about them and run there stabilizer with it and u will be very happy with ur car
Good to know, thanks on the review, was leaning towards the 5's because I dont track my car and price but I'm now sold on the PRO7's. I have Tanabe front & rear sways waiting to be installed.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:21 PM
350ZMPH

I have the 7s and I love them....no regrets...
Old 04-05-2009, 10:02 AM
young Jee(Z)

any long term pro 5 owners? any problems? can we order different spring rates? or is it a package deal?
Old 04-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Evilmexicaninus

I had them for about 4.5 months on my Z all I can tell is they are very street able(sorry I suck at giving feedback)get the TEAS it makes the whole system come to life and worth every last penny.Some people may complain about the price of in cabin adjustment I personally say it was great for my daily driving and weekend canyon runs.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:53 PM
young Jee(Z)

Originally Posted by Evilmexicaninus
I had them for about 4.5 months on my Z all I can tell is they are very street able(sorry I suck at giving feedback)get the TEAS it makes the whole system come to life and worth every last penny.Some people may complain about the price of in cabin adjustment I personally say it was great for my daily driving and weekend canyon runs.
perfect, thats exactly what i was hoping to hear. i want a comfortable ride, with ability to stiffin it up on the weekend. my commute to work sucks...

why did you get rid of them?
Old 04-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Evilmexicaninus

Originally Posted by young Jee(Z)
perfect, thats exactly what i was hoping to hear. i want a comfortable ride, with ability to stiffin it up on the weekend. my commute to work sucks...

why did you get rid of them?

These are definitely comfortable for daily driving.They are 12 way adjustable manually and 16 way with the TEAS.I sold my set here to a lucky member at a very good price.My car is now retired from daily use and I am now focusing on building for competitive purposes.I will be upgrading to the Sustec Pro 7's for my new setup