Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Single Peice 18 wheels for the brembo Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 10:18 AM
h22wagon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And where did you get you weights from - have you actaully weighted the wheel or you going off of what you have been told?
Have you seen the number on the scale ? is this from personal experince?
Old 06-04-2003, 11:52 AM
MATIX

My Volks arent 2 or 3 piece, theyre one piece monoblock forged, that is why theyre so light. Yes I have weighed hte rims personally, i own them...from everything you've told me, its a fact that the 19" Volks are lighter than the 18" rims you're selling. Yes the 19" Volks cost more, but i'm willing to pay that extra amount of money to save alot of weight. You have to admit, 29lbs for the 18" rims you're selling is very heavy, you're goin go make hte car slower by putting those on compared to the stock track rims. As far as the Modena wheel you're selling, 2700 is overpriced IMHO.

Last edited by MATIX; 06-04-2003 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-04-2003, 01:34 PM
h22wagon

Ok maybe a 28.2 lbs front is heavy , maybe my scale is wrong or whatever - but how is 4 lbs really gonna slow you down.The car has so much damn HP anyways. And you still have no comment on the back tire - or is 24 lbs for a 18x10 wheel heavy also? And what about your tire streching that you have goign on. And did you ever measure your wheel width. And if you dont feel like taking the tire off to prove me right, then how about this - You have 19 inch wheels - Measure the face of the wheel and tell me what you get - hmm about 20.25 around there sound right? But you still have no commented either on the fact that my tire are wider also than yours. If you were to run tires in the same width as mine dont you think you tires weights would more closer to each other? I mean if you ran like a 275/30/19 in the front and a 295 or 305 in the rear, front would go up by about 2 or 3 lbs and the rear 5 or 6 lbs. But we can go on like this forever. You got bigger wheels and i have wider tires. Now i am not trying to start nothing here - and 2700 for custom bulid 19 inch wheels is nto a lot, why dont you call HRE or Fiske and ask them for there pirce and i will bet you it wil be arounf 3500+ for just the wheels. But yeah what do i know i am in the wheel business
Old 06-04-2003, 01:58 PM
MATIX

24 lbs for an 18x10" wheel is heavy, considering the volks weigh 20lbs for a 19x10.5", but I can guarantee your rear rims weigh alot more than24lbs considering the fronts weigh 28.5 and are smaller, the rears are prolly over 30lbs... and as far as the tires, i dont care if your tires are wider...we're both using the same brand tires, so im not concerned about tire weight, im saying that the wheels themselves are alot lighter than yours....TE37's in the same size as your rim would weigh about 12-15bs lighter...and as far as custom 19's, your wheels arent HRE, and they're not anywehre near hte quality of Volks which are cheaper than 2700 for 19".

Last edited by MATIX; 06-04-2003 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:02 PM
Stone Z

Here's the bottom line. I'm not saying that ROH's are crap wheels, but IMO, and pretty much everyone elses, the Volks are by far superior to the ROH's. Not only in weight, but also in build, looks, and quality. The correct tire size for the Z in 19's, while trying to stay as close to stock as possible, are 245/35/19 front, and 275/35/19 rear.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:10 PM
h22wagon

Do you happen to know where all the weight of a wheel realy comes from - THE CENTER - I bet if you took you same wheel in a 10 and a 10.5 they would be less than a 1lbs apart. And why dont you call HRE and ask them to bulid you a custom wheel - do they really make custom wheels or to they already have pre determend size. Modena are custom bulit 4 at a time. And how would you know if the quality of one wheel company is better than other?
And Stone Z - how can you say that also that Volk is a better bulit wheel and a superior wheel. Are you some wheel gu ru? You 2 are the ones that brought up who is btter than who. I am dealin strickly with wieghts and fit ments. Oh by the way i think that your 19's at the offset that you have must be pretty prode on the edge of the fender. But that's OMO.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:16 PM
h22wagon

Stone Z and your comment on the right tire size well a 275/35/19 is the right hieght for the front and a 305/30/19 would be with in less 2% from stock, But what do i know i only do this for a living
Old 06-04-2003, 02:21 PM
MATIX

Ok, sincewere only dealing wth weight and fitment here, Volks are lighter than ROH wheelssince Volks are forged and ROH's are cast...TE37's in the same size as the ROH's weigh around 16-17lbs, whereas the ROH's weigh around 28-29lb....advantage,Volk. As far as offset, the +22 offset is perfect, as reccomended by Ray's specificialy for the Z, maybe you've heard of Ray's (the manufacturer of Volk), they make rims for Nismo, TRD, Mugen, Nissan....should I continue??

Last edited by MATIX; 06-04-2003 at 02:24 PM.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:21 PM
Stone Z

Originally posted by h22wagon

And Stone Z - how can you say that also that Volk is a better bulit wheel and a superior wheel.
Very easily, it's done like this. "Volk is a better built wheel and a superior wheel." See, that was easy. BTW, did you happen to notice that I said it was my *opinion*? I'm entitled to one, just as you are to yours.

Are you some wheel gu ru?
No, that's you, right? Unfortunately, I haven't been impressed one bit by anything you've said yet concerning wheels. I've been reading this particular forum for quite a while now, and there are some VERY educated individuals here that share their insight concerning wheels, and you've yet to dazzle me with your knowledge.

You 2 are the ones that brought up who is btter than who.
Exactly. People want the most bang for their buck (all factors considered), and unfortunately for you, ROH's don't seem to be.

I am dealin strickly with wieghts and fit ments.
Last time I checked, people don't purchase wheels strictly on weight and fitment....at least I don't.

Oh by the way i think that your 19's at the offset that you have must be pretty prode on the edge of the fender. But that's OMO.
Huh? I don't have 19's.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:22 PM
h22wagon

Matix - and you still have no coment on the fact that your tires are streched onto your wheels. But maybe i am wrong or something. But my whole thing was to offer someone else on here i NICE wheel and tire package that FIT PERFECT and for a smoking price. They will prob be at least 1000 cheaper than your set-up and only what 6 or 7 pounds heavier. And only 4 lbs heavier than stock. But i guess you are saying that all 350z guys have that kinda cash to burn
Old 06-04-2003, 02:26 PM
Stone Z

Stone Z and your comment on the right tire size well a 275/35/19 is the right hieght for the front and a 305/30/19 would be with in less 2% from stock, But what do i know i only do this for a living
275/35/95 in front?!?! Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

You must have overlooked the part where I said "while trying to stay as close to stock as possible"

Here's a little tool you might want to use when determining the right tire size, Mr. I do this for a living.

http://powerdog.com/tiresize.cgi
Old 06-04-2003, 02:29 PM
MATIX

Matix - and you still have no coment on the fact that your tires are streched onto your wheels. But maybe i am wrong or something. But my whole thing was to offer someone else on here i NICE wheel and tire package that FIT PERFECT and for a smoking price. They will prob be at least 1000 cheaper than your set-up and only what 6 or 7 pounds heavier. And only 4 lbs heavier than stock. But i guess you are saying that all 350z guys have that kinda cash to burn
TE37's in the exact size as your ROH's weigh around 12 lbs lighte which is a huuuuuuuuge difference....the tire sizes i'm using look fine, they dont look stretched, which is why i dont feel any need to comment on it. That's fine you wanna offer peole a package that fits perfect, but the setup im running with the volk is a nice fit also, plus its ALOT lighter, which is a big plus for not losing hp by puttin on heavy wheels.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:31 PM
h22wagon

I was aiming the wheel offset at Matix - sorry for not point in that out for you. And i never said i was a gu ru i am statign the fact, about the wheels. And for the best bang for your buck. How does an 18 inch wheel and tire package for 1900 that fits good and has wide *** tires not be the best bang for your buck? How much did Matix pay for his wheels? And i know people dont purchase on weights and fitment. But he was trying dog out ROH for beign able to offer a wheel close to same weight as the stock track wheel. And from the get go he has made it out to be that ROH is crap. And considering i work for them i did nto take that to likely. And fitment should be a big factor in it. Why would you want a wheel that does not fit right. The 350z has ton of room to the inside- why not move the wheel under that car some more instead of makeing sit flush or hang otu side the fender? Damn i mean you could stick a 12 inch wide wheel in the back and put mad tire on it. But i guess it is my bad for trying to offer YOUR website a good deal on a nice set of wheel sand tires.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:34 PM
h22wagon

Stone i am sorry i put the wrogn size down - it should be a 275/30/19 in the front. Sorry for making a mistake
Old 06-04-2003, 02:38 PM
h22wagon

350Z dont have a hp problem and prob wil never that problem, if anythign they have to much hp, if nto why woudl they have traction controll on it. So i dont think that haveing a wheel and tire that is 4 lbs heavier than stock is really gonna make a difference at all on the prefromace. But i guess gaining a wider stance, a bigger contact surface, better stering response, i guess those 3 things arent worth the 4 lbs to a car that already has enough HP. But i am gonna stop now casue this will never stop.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:41 PM
Stone Z

And i never said i was a gu ru i am statign the fact, about the wheels.
No, but you've stated several times that you do this for a living which is implying that you shouldn't be questioned about your statements.

And for the best bang for your buck. How does an 18 inch wheel and tire package for 1900 that fits good and has wide *** tires not be the best bang for your buck?
Well, let's see. How many people here really want to spend $1900 on a *cast* wheel and tire package when they can get a set of lighter, *forged* OEM Ray's track wheels/tires off of eBay for less?.

There are *PLENTY* of 18" rims that are of better quality, fitment, and finish out there, IMO, for the same price.

How much did Matix pay for his wheels?
Ask him.

And i know people dont purchase on weights and fitment. But he was trying dog out ROH for beign able to offer a wheel close to same weight as the stock track wheel.
28lbs is close to the weight of the stock Track wheels?!?! No.

And fitment should be a big factor in it. Why would you want a wheel that does not fit right. The 350z has ton of room to the inside- why not move the wheel under that car some more instead of makeing sit flush or hang otu side the fender?
People don't want their wheels tucked under the car. They want them to sit flush, or as close to flush as possible, to the fender lip. YOU might like the tucked looked, but you'll be hard pressed to find anyone here that does. Take a look through this very forum and see how many pople are running spacers to push their wheels out to the edge.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:47 PM
Stone Z

Stone i am sorry i put the wrogn size down - it should be a 275/30/19 in the front. Sorry for making a mistake
275/30/19 in front is still wrong.
Attached Thumbnails Single Peice 18 wheels for the brembo Brakes-tire-sizes.jpg  
Old 06-04-2003, 02:50 PM
MATIX

Afar as fitment, the Volks are a perfect fit, how are you gonna imply that the Volks dont fit right?? The sizing on the Volks for the Z is reccomended by Ray's, the same guys who manufacture the stock track rims for the Z....does this look like it doesnt fit right to you?
Attached Thumbnails Single Peice 18 wheels for the brembo Brakes-silver-te-37s-007.jpg  

Last edited by MATIX; 06-04-2003 at 02:55 PM.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:53 PM
Stone Z

Lightbulb

The *recommended* wheel width for a 275/30/19 tire is 9.5-11.0.

How many people do you know that are running a 9.5 inch wide wheel on a Z in front?!?!
Old 06-04-2003, 02:54 PM
MATIX

Look at that...a PERFECT fit.
Attached Thumbnails Single Peice 18 wheels for the brembo Brakes-silver-te-37s-008.jpg  

Quick Reply: Single Peice 18 wheels for the brembo Brakes