saberphx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like I have to do this myself on my 03'
Old 07-24-2008, 03:20 AM
bjr

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ndname
Crap. Expired 2 months ago...

So how bad is this issue if you don't get it fixed?
Does it eventually break or something?
Same question here. Don't think it's ever been answered in any of the multiple threads on this subject. Any Nissan techs want to give us a hand?
That's exactly why I'm here today. My right side did this under warranty. Now it seems the left side is doing it. I am not fixing it myself or paying to have it done if it will not wear anything out. I don't give a crap about the noise. I don't want to neglect my baby though. I would think that if it was a problem more shops would pressure people into doing it on their dime and say it's not safe.
Anybody know?!
Old 07-26-2008, 12:28 PM
2ndname

Originally Posted by bjr
Same question here. Don't think it's ever been answered in any of the multiple threads on this subject. Any Nissan techs want to give us a hand?
That's exactly why I'm here today. My right side did this under warranty. Now it seems the left side is doing it. I am not fixing it myself or paying to have it done if it will not wear anything out. I don't give a crap about the noise. I don't want to neglect my baby though. I would think that if it was a problem more shops would pressure people into doing it on their dime and say it's not safe.
Anybody know?!
Anyone?
Old 07-27-2008, 07:39 AM
bjr

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Update - driving with BOTH windows down revealed 100% that the RIGHT side which was "fixed" with the TSB procedure has failed. The RIGHT side is clicking again (not the left that I was leaning towards in my previous post ). Something has got to be moving to produce the click. I may call them to see what they have to say about it all now that it is the same side.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:47 AM
RrBb2004

Not to be pessimistic, but Nissan isn't going to do anything. It has become very apparent to me lately that they want to provide as little service as possible and will take any opportunity possible to charge you for anything they can.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:14 AM
2ndname

They should make some sort of an aftermarket part to replace this clicking. I would upgrade to it without a doubt. Dropping 200-300 for them to repair it and then having it come back does not motivate me.