Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

NISMO Sways?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 09:04 AM
KManZ
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NISMO Sways?

Thinking about my next upgrade, and know that upgrading sways is a highly recommended. With my last Z I got the Hotchkis TVS kit, which was great except for the clunking on turns. This time around I am wanting to go with Nismo parts for upgrading (exhaust is on its way ), so I am leaning towards the Nismo sways. After doing some searches, there are a few threads about the Nismo sways, but not as many as Hotchkis or Cusco etc., which gives me the impression that they don't lend as much change over stock versus the others.

Talking just about sways, would the Nismo yield decent results over stock versus the others? I won't be tracking the car any time soon, and I probably won't be lowering. Will the Nismo option be a good upgrade over stock? A tougher question would be: if I drove 3 cars back to back, stock, one equipped with Nismo, and the other with Hotchkis/Cusco/etc, what differences would I notice?

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-21-2008, 09:22 AM
DaProdigy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i've never driven a z with hotchkis/cucso sways... but i drove my friends z.... completly stock suspension... then i drove mine again and i felt that my car handled much better... though i do have the full nismo s-tune suspension set-up... i cant say nismo sways are better than the other companies but they sure as hell are better than stock... didnt take more than a few seconds for me to realize that in his z....
Old 04-21-2008, 09:57 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Don't waste your cash on NISMO sways, you will be disapointed after having hotchkis .
Old 04-21-2008, 11:00 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

With the oem bar change's that rolled out with the mid 2004 suspension revision your car's 2007 oem bars are only fractionally softer then the bar's in the Nismo kit.

You are much better served with other choices, like Hotchkis, 350EVO, H&R, Stillen, Eibach or Progress Group.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:47 AM
KManZ
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gsedan35
With the oem bar change's that rolled out with the mid 2004 suspension revision your car's 2007 oem bars are only fractionally softer then the bar's in the Nismo kit.

You are much better served with other choices, like Hotchkis, 350EVO, H&R, Stillen, Eibach or Progress Group.
Right on, right on. Thanks to those who replied. I had the Hotchkis before and remembering the bar clunking. I will probably try another company depending on what info I find here. Thanks!