Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Megan BBK guys.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 05:18 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Megan BBK guys.

So what ever happend to all the guys in that group buy a couple months ago? Haven't seen anybody post about their brakes. Surely they must have them installed by now.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:35 PM
World Famous Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the only Z I've seen with the Megan BBK on is Scott from Relentless on his blue Z.
Hard to say much on them without meeting more people with em and listening to their opinions.

A LOT of brands are getting their calipers made overseas by the same factories and just labeling them as their own. Not saying these are bad or good, just stating a fact.

In the end only a few brands actually manufacture their own calipers these days....
Old 04-25-2008, 06:55 AM
chris'smax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well as much as i paid project mu better be manufacturing their own ****.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:29 AM
App6MT

Originally Posted by Tony@RiversideInfiniti
A LOT of brands are getting their calipers made overseas by the same factories and just labeling them as their own. Not saying these are bad or good, just stating a fact.

In the end only a few brands actually manufacture their own calipers these days....
Funny how common this is in any production piece, not just automotive.

Originally Posted by chris'smax
I hope so buddy!
Old 05-01-2008, 04:11 PM
GWord256

I want to know if anyone ever figured out where to get different pads (higher temp) or replacement discs. I'm so very close to deciding what BBK I want to get. Just knowing pad availability would tip me in Megan's direction.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:47 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Everyone should have gotten their brakes by now.

Also, Megan is currently developing a race pad for the kit.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by chris'smax
Actually, they don't. Neither does Endless but at least these guys are manufacturing them out of Japan and not China or Taiwan.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:14 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
Actually, they don't. Neither does Endless but at least these guys are manufacturing them out of Japan and not China or Taiwan.
I know there is an old stigma hanging around about the quality of Taiwanese and Chinese manufactured "stuff" but believe it or not their quality control laws are just as stringent as Japan's these days.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:21 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

yeah, don't let all those recalls on Chinese made goods fool any of you...

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=57069

Last edited by Mike Wazowski; 05-06-2008 at 05:23 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:30 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
yeah, don't let all those recalls on Chinese made goods fool any of you...

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=57069
I guess there are arguments for both sides of everything....

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2...nt_5438695.htm

http://www.breakingnewsenglish.com/0...hineseIBM.html
Old 05-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by SinCity350Z
I know there is an old stigma hanging around about the quality of Taiwanese and Chinese manufactured "stuff" but believe it or not their quality control laws are just as stringent as Japan's these days.
Hmm, I never questioned the quality of Chinese or Taiwanese manufactured products, why so defensive? - And I find it hard to believe that mass produced products from China/Taiwan would be up to par with quality and standard from Japanese manufactured products. I agree that labor is improving in China, I know this because my family owns 2 factories in China and we are very well connected in Shanghai but I still wouldn't be quick to say that China's craftsmanship is the same or is as good as Japan. They're not quite there yet.

Last edited by Andy@Performance; 05-06-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:33 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Hmm, I never questioned the quality of Chinese or Taiwanese manufactured products, why so defensive? - And I find it hard to believe that mass produced products from China/Taiwan would be up to par with quality and standard from Japanese manufactured products. I agree that labor is improving in China, I know this because my family owns 2 factories in China and we are very well connected in Shanghai but I still wouldn't be quick to say that China's craftsman ship is the same or is as good as Japan. They're not quite there yet.
Seems to me that you're the one thats defensive. I was just reporting what I had read.

Got a quota to meet with Project Mu or something?

j/k
Old 05-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Seems to me that you're the one thats defensive. I was just reporting what I had read.

Got a quota to meet with Project Mu or something?

j/k
Um, how was I getting defensive? - I simply responded to a members post about his concern about PMU being manufactured by the company itself when its not. I am trying to re-assure him of his investment and you had to respond to me about quality between China and Japan, who's the defensive one here?
Old 05-06-2008, 05:43 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Um, how was I getting defensive? - I simply responded to a members post about his concern about PMU being manufactured by the company itself when its not. I am trying to re-assure him of his investment and you had to respond to me about quality between China and Japan, who's the defensive one here?
You're in a Megan thread promoting Project Mu products. I thought it was on it was appropriate and on topic. I have no reason to get defensive, I make no money off the sale of Megan BBKs. Sorry if you took that the wrong way.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

You're in a Megan thread promoting Project Mu products. I thought it was on it was appropriate and on topic. I have no reason to get defensive, I make no money off the sale of Megan BBKs. Sorry if you took that the wrong way.
No, I didn't take it the wrong way but maybe you did and should've read through this thread in its entirety. I'm not promoting anything here. chris'smax posted an initial concern about his PMU's, I was up front and honest about their manufacturing properties and wanted to re-assure him of his purchase. Then I get side swiped by you about Japan Vs. China on quality.

You are sponsored by Megan and I understand you are doing your part as a candidate to represent the brand but you took my post way out of context.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:57 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

No, I didn't take it the wrong way but maybe you did and should've read through this thread in its entirety. I'm not promoting anything here. chris'smax posted an initial concern about his PMU's, I was up front and honest about their manufacturing properties and wanted to re-assure him of his purchase. Then I get side swiped by you about Japan Vs. China on quality.

You are sponsored by Megan and I understand you are doing your part as a candidate to represent the brand but you took my post way out of context.
Wow take it easy man. I am sorry I had an opinion. I didn't say anything bad about Japanese quality, don't get why you care so much.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Wow take it easy man. I am sorry I had an opinion. I didn't say anything bad about Japanese quality, don't get why you care so much.
It's not really your opinion but your way of trying to manipulate the situation. We all know Relentless sells Megan, we all know you are sponsored by Megan so just reading through this thread shows what you are trying to do. I respect everyone's opinion on here; whether its a member or a sponsor. Hell, this is a public forum, everyone has a right to say what they like but lets not misconstrue this topic. I don't mean to sound like a d!ck and I apologize if I'm being rude but I feel like you put me in this predicament with your response to my post. I'm just responding accordingly.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:10 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

It's not really your opinion but your way of trying to manipulate the situation. We all know Relentless sells Megan, we all know you are sponsored by Megan so just reading through this thread shows what you are trying to do. I respect everyone's opinion on here; whether its a member or a sponsor. Hell, this is a public forum, everyone has a right to say what they like but lets not misconstrue this topic. I don't mean to sound like a d!ck and I apologize if I'm being rude but I feel like you put me in this predicament with your response to my post. I'm just responding accordingly.
Lets take a breath here dude. This was never meant to be an argument man. Your post just reminded me of an article I had read in the past about that subject. You added your opinion on the quality of Chinese products in your first post, I added mine.

FYI: Relentless will sell you any brake kit you want, not just Megan.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:31 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Lets take a breath here dude. This was never meant to be an argument man. Your post just reminded me of an article I had read in the past about that subject. You added your opinion on the quality of Chinese products in your first post, I added mine.
Agreed.

To the OP; sorry about the off topic. Moving on....
Old 05-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Slow*Jim

China and Taiwan are very different places when it comes to manufacturing. And just like anywhere else, there are good factories and bad factories. And bad workers working in good factories, and bad factories manufacturing for good companies.