Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

TEIN Flex with EDFC Review (yes another)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 07:21 AM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is also a question I have, How high can you raise them? for the front end.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:17 AM
MoodDude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdpower
I've hit a couple turns a bit faster then normal and the Z seems to grip better with no dampening.
There is no other coilover kit that's going to give you the feature/functionality for THE STREET. These are definitely not track coilovers mind you, however, you could have a little bit of fun at the track with them.
Just a few comments - you are seeing better handling around the corners with no dampening since you need to smooth out your inputs. Once you can smooth out all your imputs you will start seeing that running a stiffer dampening will yeild great benifits. The stiffer the car - the faster the weight transfer - the smoother you have to be.

Also - I use mine on the Track and they work great. The only way it could be better if it was a two way adjustable coilover, and 99% of the people on track would not know how to adjust them anyway (and I won't either). So for a single adjustable coilover these are perfect for a street car on track.
Old 07-22-2006, 04:10 AM
chsia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LaoSiFu
The great thing I love about the Tein is the EDFC unit
Can EDFC also adjust ride height in addition to damping force?
Old 07-22-2006, 05:29 AM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

whoa whoa hold up fellow's. To those that are reading the review on the first page, you must know that your reading a review about a product that Tein no longer offers in the north america. Tein did a running change and increased the spring rates from 560lbs to 672lbs, increased the stiffness of the dampners for the spring rate increase and they changed the upper mounts to the same type of mounts used on the CS coilovers. The original Tein flex and the current Tein flex are NOT the same animal. You can still get the original flex setup since they still offer it in Japan, you will have to wait for the them to come by boat however.

Tein Flex (twin tube construction, adjustable dampners
Full-length adjustment and height adjustment for separate setting of the height and spring preload
Spring rates 672/672
Stiffer then oem by F+114% R+98

Side Note: Extremely high spring rates mean even when the adjustable damping is set as low as possible, you may not find ride quality happiness, several reports of this setups harshness exist Yet a few owner comment’s of a “like stock ride quality” also exist. However given the fact that they use a spring stiffness that’s over 100% stiffer then oem, if ride quality is of concern, either hitch a ride in a car equipped with them or make a different choice. In addition, several review’s have been done by people actually having the original more softly sprung Tein Flex coilovers do not take their comments to mean the same as the one using the current product, the original product specs are listed below under Tein Flex JDM.

Tein Flex JDM specs (can be special ordered est 10-12 weeks delivery)
Full-length adjustment and height adjustment for separate setting of the height and spring preload
Spring rates 560/560
Stiffer then oem by F+78% R+64%

Side Note: This is the original specs first offered in the U.S. with the Flex, at a certain point after it’s introduction the specs changed to those listed further above (672/672)