Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Alignment fixes with those with eibach

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 08:08 AM
lemansz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment fixes with those with eibach

Just recently installed the Eibach pro springs and I am very happy with them except that my rear is WWWWAAAYYYY out of alignment, (car that is not my ***,ha ha) especially the right rear, its really kicked out and the shop told me no way can they adjust it that much. I do know about the adjustable camber and traction rods that LSD is producing and also about the adjustable bolts. Qustion is, has anyone here actually used either product and have you been able to get the car back to factory alignment specs?

Thanks
Old 07-23-2003, 09:47 AM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Somethings fishy. Eibach's are a mild drop, your suspension shouldn't be out as much as your talking. Also, how much adjustment did the shop say the stock rear camber adjustment can do?
Old 07-23-2003, 09:50 AM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the camber arms and have a UPS shipping number, so they should arrive any moment now.

My Eibachs were installed by a Nissan Master Mechanic. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but he made sure the car ended up at the same settings than when he started, + or - the change from the springs. They look "out" a little, but not a drastic amount.

I expect they are out, and you can't get them "inside" the specs, but you could get them as close as possible.

As soon as the arms are here I will install and align. I will follow up here, I hope by this weekend.

Unfortunately, I am also waiting for new front tires from Nissan due to feathering so bad the TSB won't help...
Old 07-23-2003, 11:04 AM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

My Eibachs set the rear out -1 deg. beyond the allowed specs on both corners. Camber arms arrive tomorrow. Will install this weekend but won't get alignment until Tuesday morning. Slaponte will probably beat me. Will keep you posted as well.
Old 07-23-2003, 05:24 PM
lemansz

Thanks for the replys. The right rear was the one that was the worst the left side didnt LOOK to bad but I would like them to be on the money.
Here's a good one for ya though. I went to the Nissan dealer last Thursday for a noise I had coming from the rear of the car. In addition I told them I had the springs installed and wanted to have it aligned. First thing the mechanic said was that the noise could be from the springs(WRONG) I actually told him what I though the problem, the rear axle nuts, which I found on this site, Thank you very much. Well they not only refused to do an alignment on the car because he said there was NO way he could get it back but would not, I mean refused to do a diagnosis until I put the stock springs back on, which I did. I took it back today and quess what, I asked them what the problem was they said they had to talk to Nissan but IT WAS THE AXLE NUTS like I siad in the first place. Anyways what a pain in the a$$. So before I reinstall them I would just like to know what luck anyone else has. I am also going to take it to a different shop the next time. Now that their off though i really miss the improved ride and also the lowered look. Dam thing looks all jacked up now. But I now have this down to a science, ha ha.

Thanks again
LemansZ
Old 07-24-2003, 10:08 AM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took mine in for the feathering of the front tires. They took it in all day, called me to go get it. Told me the tires are feathered beyond what the TSB calls for (to "flip" them to the other side), so they have ordered me new front tires, but I have to wait for them.

They never mentioned the Eibachs. Of course, they never got to align it since they didn't do anything, so maybe when I go back it will come up.

I'll keep you posted.
Old 07-24-2003, 12:00 PM
CMJ

Originally posted by slaponte
I got the camber arms and have a UPS shipping number, so they should arrive any moment now.

I expect they are out, and you can't get them "inside" the specs, but you could get them as close as possible.

As soon as the arms are here I will install and align. I will follow up here, I hope by this weekend.

Yes please do as I'm in the same boat..
Old 07-24-2003, 12:04 PM
westpak
SFZCC

My fronts where slightly out in toe but they were able to bring it back in, the camber ended up at the max of -1.33.

The rears ended up out camber and toe, they were able to adjust the camber within specs but the toe they couldn't so it is just out.
Old 07-25-2003, 03:13 AM
j's350z

Default lemansz,

You have PM...
Get in contact with me today!
Old 07-25-2003, 04:36 AM
ZISBAK

I actually told him what I though the problem, the rear axle nuts, which I found on this site, Thank you very much.

Can you tell me what kind of noise is coming from the rear axle nuts? because about few weeks ago, i've got an flat tire from a big'o nail. and I took it to Discount tire to have it patch, and I think they plug it instead of patch it. but ever since, I feel like I getting a noise coming from the tire spinning in a weird way. It's hard to describe the noise, it's just seem like the whole car sound a little bit more noisy from the tires! So, I had them flip the tires, front and rear. The noise seem like it when away a little, but later it came back about the same. I know it's not as noticeble, but when you treat the car like a baby, you know if there a little tiny thing wrong with it!! Has anyone experience that at all?

Also what is the perfect spec the alignment should be at? from the last alignment, i think it was at < -5? Not sure?
Old 07-25-2003, 08:29 AM
lemansz

ShiftZ,
The noise that I was having was coming mainly from the right rear wheel area of the car but was also staring to happen on the left rear. The noise was a tinking sound for lack of better words and generally happenen when torque was being transferred to the rear such as starting out or decelerating at or below about 25 mph. It generally did it 2 to 4 times before going away. This noise was constant on the right rear and again intermitent on the left rear. The two things that have been found to cause this problem was the axle nuts needed to be removed, cleaned, relubed and retorqued and also the emergency brakes bads on the inside of the disc were clanging.

Also concerning your tire plug, some places actually use a combo patch plug which is the best method to repair a flat short of replacing the tire. In most cases if they dismounted the tire it was probly this or a patch but if the tire was left on the rim and repaired then it was definalty a plug. Although I have had tires plugged and have had no problems just be careful if your are doing any high speed driving or autocross.
Old 07-27-2003, 03:21 PM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

Adjustable camber rods installed. Look really nice. The stockers are plain Jane compared to these.
Attached Thumbnails Alignment fixes with those with eibach-new-camber-rod-2.jpg  
Old 09-03-2005, 10:41 AM
ADMAN

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

Does anyone know what the torque specs for that nut happen to be???
Old 09-10-2005, 08:41 AM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the Eibachs also ---2 inch drop. Adjustable camber arms.traction Bars,and front upper A frames. Im running 19s 275-245s. I have the same probs, been to 4 alignment shops. Biggest prob is the rear Toe adjustment. Is there a mod available to make that more adjustable???? Closest I got was yesterday----Left +003 Right -1.08.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:14 AM
Eazzy

Originally Posted by lemansz
Just recently installed the Eibach pro springs and I am very happy with them except that my rear is WWWWAAAYYYY out of alignment, (car that is not my ***,ha ha) especially the right rear, its really kicked out and the shop told me no way can they adjust it that much. I do know about the adjustable camber and traction rods that LSD is producing and also about the adjustable bolts. Qustion is, has anyone here actually used either product and have you been able to get the car back to factory alignment specs?

Thanks
Tell me more about the adjustable ---- TOE??? Bolts.---I have the adj camber arms, traction bars and Upper fr. A Frames ---But playin hell with the L/R Toe Running 19s with eibachs. Only 3 inches off the ground up front with the body kit
Old 09-13-2005, 08:09 PM
Eazzy

This is the deal with the Eibachs ---I had a prob too but remedied it -My Z is 3 inches off the ground up front with the Kaminari Bod kit and 19s.First I went with the Kinetix adjustable Camber Arms,Traction Bars and Front upper A- Frame----Still had a prob with Toe ----What I did was break the Toe adjustment rods loose. On the spring side it is attached by 2 bolts much like a Shock. I removed 3/16 of an inch from the inboard side of the slots--Reassembled and pulled both wheels towards the center of the car then tightened them down ----This pulls toe in and gives plenty of plus and minus----Toe I set @ stock front and rear ---Camber 1.5-2.0---Prob get better tire wear @ 1.5 and better handling @ 2.0---OH-- Traction bars should be adjusted about a 1/4 inch shorter than stock then lenghthened as little as possible ---That info comes from Kinetix and also verification that Modification is a definate fix.