Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Rubbing on one wheel only, blown shock or otherwise?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 06:02 AM
My350P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubbing on one wheel only, blown shock or otherwise?

Background info: 40k total miles on the car, Tanabe NF210s were installed around 20k miles, still on OEM shocks and 18"s. An alignment has been done since the install but not within the past year.

I just installed 25mm spacers all around, and immediately noticed that I am getting obvious rubbing on my right rear wheel, but not at all on the other three.

Camber looks consistent in the back, though I haven't had it inspected or another alignment done to verify this. Car does sit slightly lower at the right rear than left rear, but from my searches this doesn't appear to be unusual, and should not cause such a dramatic difference on the road. Absolutely nothing in the car aside from some CDs, and the rubbing does not change based on how full the tank is, passenger or not, etc.

I am planning to get my fenders rolled as a temporary fix, but welcome any suggestions as to whether this sounds like a blown shock, bad spring install that I just didn't notice previously, etc.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:50 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Camber can very from side to side within limits. The limits for the rear are 1.2 to 2.1 off the top of my head. Depending on the shop that aligned it, you very well could have .5 to almost a full degree more on one side and they called it acceptable.