Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

BBK On The Front Only??

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 06:59 PM
striker27

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default BBK On The Front Only??

I was looking at getting a BBK for the front of my 03 350z non Brembo. What I would like to know is, would it be worth a while modification if I were to not do the rears for awhile??

Does the car feel balanced with just the front kit??

I was looking at getting a Wilwood or something out of the classifieds.

I am cheap bastard cant help it!!!!
Old 09-20-2008, 06:53 AM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

There are many BBKs that are designed to work with OEM rear setups and maintain the same bias that comes from the factory.

I don't know much about the Wilwoods so I can't comment (not to mention there are so many different variations of their kit) on whether or not it will work for you. I know that on Adam's car we were running a front only AP Racing 13" kit for several years and the car felt great. He has now switched to an Endless front BBK that we ran with an OEM rear setup for about a month until we switched to a Racing Brake big rotor kit in the rear of his car. Just as the AP kit the car feels great with the front Endless kit on.

We also have several customers running front only Stoptech kits. Stoptech just so happens to let it be known that their front BBKs are purposely designed to work with either one of their rear kits or an OEM rear setup.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:05 PM
striker27

I really wanted to hear that some kits are designed to work with the OEM non Brembo rears!!!

THANX for instilling some confidence in what I am looking at doing!!

Does anyone else on here run a similar set up? Would be interested in hearing more feed back on how happy people are with the kit and what kit they ended up going with.

THANX
Old 09-20-2008, 08:20 PM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by striker27
I really wanted to hear that some kits are designed to work with the OEM non Brembo rears!!!

THANX for instilling some confidence in what I am looking at doing!!

Does anyone else on here run a similar set up? Would be interested in hearing more feed back on how happy people are with the kit and what kit they ended up going with.

THANX
You gotta put in some leg work as well. I just searched and found a bunch of threads with exactly what you are asking about.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:13 AM
striker27

Yeah I know I have to search more!!!!

So damn many threads on BBK's you end up with your head spinning and no direction on a course of action!!!!!