Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Just upgraded my brakes!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 05:45 AM
chrisjersey06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just upgraded my brakes!

Hey everyone, just thought I'd share my experience. I have the stock 03 non-brembos, and by 30k miles they were SHOT. So I decided, that instead of just buying new OEM pads and cutting the rotors that I'd do a little upgrade. So I decided to go with the Nismo R-tune pads, R1 Concepts E-line slotted rotors (after hearing good things about them on here), Stoptech stainless lines, and flushed the whole system and replaced with Motul RBF600 fluid. Well I just got finished with the 2nd bed-in and bleed, and I can offically say that compared to the OEM setup, they are amazing!!! I know its not exactly a big brake kit, but from what I'm used to it feels like all I have to do is think about the brake pedal and I'm through the windshield. I went back and forth between pads, and I'm very very happy that I ended up going with the Nismos. They make ZERO noise no matter what temp they're at, and they have a nasty bite, which I love. Even when they're cold they grip very well. The Stoptech lines give a great pedal feel, you definitely know what they're doing at all times. I doubt I'm going to be taking advantage of the upgraded fluid because I don't track the car, but whatever its an upgrade, hah. I am also very happy with the R1 Concepts rotors. I didn't order from ebay because you can only get drilled and slotted, so I had to call and special order them in just slotted because I'm not a fan of the drilled look on anything but gigantic rotors. I think it makes tiny rotors look cheap. So I had to wait an extra week for them to "recalibrate the machine" so I could just get slotted ones, but it was worth it. The quality looks great, I can't see having problems with them anytime soon. So all in all I'm very happy with the setup. While I was down there, I adjusted the e-brake to be a little stiffer because I hated having to pull the lever up to the sky whenever I'd park on a hill. Now its only 2 or 3 clicks and it holds great, with no dragging when its down. I highly reccomend this setup! I purchased the pads, lines, and fluid as a "Performance Stage-1 Kit" from MyNismo.com and couldn't be happier with their service. Major props to Eddie for hooking me up!

Last edited by chrisjersey06; 09-25-2008 at 05:47 AM.