Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Brembo with non Brembo brake lines

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 11:14 PM
350Z_NOW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brembo with non Brembo brake lines

I'm upgrading to oem brembo, does my non brembo brake lines fit the brembo caliper?
Old 01-30-2009, 12:23 AM
pchio

Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

I used the non-brembo stainless steel brake line on my brembo calipers without any problem. So i would say it fits!

-Pat
Old 01-30-2009, 08:23 AM
350Z_NOW

Originally Posted by pchio
I used the non-brembo stainless steel brake line on my brembo calipers without any problem. So i would say it fits!

-Pat
but that's a stainless steel braided, i'm talking about the oem brake lines. you think that'll fit? or should i buy the stainless steel?
Old 01-30-2009, 08:26 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You should by the SS line for better brake feel anyway, but the OEM line should fit anyway if a line for a non brembo system works.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:52 AM
wasuber

no they will not fit, do you have the metal tubing that screws onto the caliper? The Brembo lines are 2 pieces, there is a hardline that connects to the rubber line. The braided lines you buy would only have the replacement for the rubber portion, also the bolt that connects them is a different size, the non-brembo is longer if I remember right.

I did the whole conversion and added braided lines as well, and bought new hardlines from the dealership so I could use the braided lines.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:28 AM
350Z_NOW

wsuber, so you're saying there are 2 kinds of line, one rubber, one hard metal. The hard metal connects to the back of of the Brembo calipers, then connects to rubber up to bolt on to the suspension and connect to the main. So even if I were to buy the SS, it still won't work unless I have the hard metal line connected to the back of the Brembo. How much is the OEM Brembo brake lines at the dealer?

this guy has SS lines, Is this the back hard lines you're talking about? this is front caliper by the way
IGNORE THE WHITE MARKERS
Name:  aaabrake.jpg
Views: 3884
Size:  40.1 KB

Last edited by 350Z_NOW; 01-30-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:05 AM
wasuber

Those appear to be either custom or a brand of lines that replaces the hard line section. This is what started the confusion for me when i did my conversion.

I would go to the Nissan parts dept and talk to them, they really helped me out
Old 01-30-2009, 10:12 AM
pchio

Originally Posted by wasuber
no they will not fit, do you have the metal tubing that screws onto the caliper? The Brembo lines are 2 pieces, there is a hardline that connects to the rubber line. The braided lines you buy would only have the replacement for the rubber portion, also the bolt that connects them is a different size, the non-brembo is longer if I remember right.

I did the whole conversion and added braided lines as well, and bought new hardlines from the dealership so I could use the braided lines.

Are you talking about the rear calipers? I am able to ignore the original Brembo bracket and connect the rear brake hose (1 piece from chassis hard line to caliper) directly to the rear brembo caliper.

The brake hoses on both calipers on the front are pretty much the same. I didn't see any difference. But once again, I was installing the steel braided line, not the original rubber hose. However, I dont see any braided lines are designed specific for track or non-track model. It should be "1 size fit all"

-Pat

The only problem is the rear mounting bolts for the calipers are different. Non-Brembo thread is 12x1.5, brembo thread is 12x1.75. And the rear heat shields need to be straighten out. Other than that, it was very straight forward.

Last edited by pchio; 01-30-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:14 AM
LaoSiFu

I also used non-Brembo SS lines with my Brembo and it works

~Robert
Old 01-30-2009, 10:14 AM
wasuber

Originally Posted by pchio
Are you talking about the rear calipers? I am able to ignore the original Brembo bracket and connect the rear brake hose (1 piece from chassis hard line to caliper) directly to the rear brembo caliper.

The brake hoses on both calipers on the front are pretty much the same. I didn't see any difference. But once again, I was installing the steel braided line, not the original rubber hose. However, I dont see any braided lines are designed specific for track or non-track model. It should be "1 size fit all"

-Pat

The only problem is the mounting bolts for the calipers are different. Non-Brembo thread is 12x1.5, brembo thread is 12x1.75.
Bolts are diff on the rear only, front bolts are the same as the non Brembo. Sorry and we are talking about the front also.

Here is a pic of the part he will need for the front install.

Last edited by wasuber; 01-20-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:19 AM
pchio

Originally Posted by wasuber
Bolts are diff on the rear only, front bolts are the same as the non Brembo. Sorry and we are talking about the front also.

Here is a pic of the part he will need for the front install.
LOL you replied so damn fast! Way before I corrected it.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:36 AM
wasuber

Old 01-30-2009, 10:43 AM
davidmcc

Originally Posted by 350Z_NOW
I'm upgrading to oem brembo, does my non brembo brake lines fit the brembo caliper?
I'm upgrading to OEM brembo as well. I bought a full set that came with the OEM lines but I also bought Goodridge SS lines so I don't need the OEM ones. If you want them, i'll part with them for cheap.

Let me know. I can take and post pics too if you want.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:09 AM
StopTech
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys,

Save yourself some headache. The OE lines are ridiculously over complicated for no reason. It's as if they had extra time for the engineers to burn to they kept making it more complicated.

The StopTech lines are the same between brembo and non brembo, and are much more simplified while accomplishing the same job and giving you a stiffer pedal.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:51 PM
TEF

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

For Wasuber,

What brand of SS braided brake lines did you purchase for use in your OEM Brembo conversion?

While the factory arrangement may seem over engineered to some, it seems to be a very safe and secure setup in my opinion. And I am not eager to take shortcuts wih one's brakes.

Thanks
Old 01-30-2009, 01:19 PM
pchio

Originally Posted by TEF
For Wasuber,

What brand of SS braided brake lines did you purchase for use in your OEM Brembo conversion?

Thanks
I have Goodridge G-stop stainless steel brake lines. I used to have them for 3 years on my s14 and I never have a problem. A little bit more expensive, but i trust them.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:39 PM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by StopTech
Guys,

Save yourself some headache. The OE lines are ridiculously over complicated for no reason. It's as if they had extra time for the engineers to burn to they kept making it more complicated.

The StopTech lines are the same between brembo and non brembo, and are much more simplified while accomplishing the same job and giving you a stiffer pedal.
Bump... because I want to know if the SS lines from my ST41 kit will work for the OEM Brembos... Anyone?
Old 03-05-2013, 01:44 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 117 Likes on 63 Posts

I used the non-brembo lines when I put Scotts300's brembos on the back of my car. Haven't really had to stop yet, except on and off the trailer. They are stoptech lines.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:51 PM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by scotts300
Bump... because I want to know if the SS lines from my ST41 kit will work for the OEM Brembos... Anyone?
Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz
I used the non-brembo lines when I put Scotts300's brembos on the back of my car. Haven't really had to stop yet, except on and off the trailer. They are stoptech lines.
Sorry I confused the issue. It seems the rears are interchangeable, I need to know about the fronts...
Old 03-22-2013, 03:45 PM
kno

Received 120 Likes on 87 Posts

i have an 07 with non brembo brakes . i was wondering if the bolt that connects the fluid line to the caliper are interchangeable between front brembo and non front brembo brakes. im asking because i got the brakes and i dont want to buy after market lines yet and the brembos didnt come with the complicated lines in the back. what im talking about is marked in red
Attached Thumbnails Brembo with non Brembo brake lines-aaabrake.jpg  

Last edited by kno; 03-22-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Brembo with non Brembo brake lines