Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Brembo with non Brembo brake lines

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 04:07 PM
kno

Received 120 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by kno
i have an 07 with non brembo brakes . i was wondering if the bolt that connects the fluid line to the caliper are interchangeable between front brembo and non front brembo brakes. im asking because i got the brakes and i dont want to buy after market lines yet and the brembos didnt come with the complicated lines in the back. what im talking about is marked in red
to answer my own question no they are not interchangeable, the non brembo bolt is longer and it requires replacing the bolt with an aftermarket bolt provided by aftermarket steel braided lines or 2 copper washers. if you decide to use the washers make sure you stack them between the line and the caliper not the bolt head and the line.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:58 PM
Voboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^- really good to know... I much prefer the stock run method as it will always be out of the way of hitting the inner wheel.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:53 AM
TEF

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

While I often use non-OEM replacement parts on my cars, I don't feel comfortable changing critical items such as brakes lines. If you currently have the OEM Brembo brake line brackets, I'd suggest that you use them and install SS lines intended for Brembos. Sure one can zip tie SS brake lines to suspension components and get by, but the factory setup is very well made and safer. While I don't know why they charge so much for SS lines intended for Brembros (since they are almost the same as non-brembo ones), the special fittings supplied make for a really neat installation. I believe that Z1 Motorsports offers SS Brembo lines for only $124. (BTW, These same lines sold under the "Agency" name sell new on ebay for $115 more, so Z1 seems a good deal.)

http://www.z1motorsports.com/350_g35...oducts_id=5200

You''ll note from the photo that thes lines have a special fitting on the caliper end rather than just a banjo fitting.

My other fear in installing incorrect brake lines is one's possible liability if it were proved that he/she caused death or injury as a result of an incorrect modification to a vehicle. You can be sure that one's insurance company would be only too happy to shift the blame to its customer rather than paying a settlement. They only need a slightest excuse to shift the blame to you and zip ties on one's brake lines would provide them the justification needed.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:42 PM
alyloveseric85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350z hardlines

Originally Posted by wasuber
no they will not fit, do you have the metal tubing that screws onto the caliper? The Brembo lines are 2 pieces, there is a hardline that connects to the rubber line. The braided lines you buy would only have the replacement for the rubber portion, also the bolt that connects them is a different size, the non-brembo is longer if I remember right.

I did the whole conversion and added braided lines as well, and bought new hardlines from the dealership so I could use the braided lines.
How much were the hard lines from the dealership????