Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

hks vendor questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 05:01 PM
bimmertech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hks vendor questions

so i currently have hipermax 3's on my car, i really enjoy them but now wish i had bought the sports.

so i have a couple questions, first off is the valving on the dampers different between the two? second if the valving is different can i get the sports without the pillows in favor of the regular rubber mounts? if the valving is the same does hks sell the springs seperately--mainly the rear as i can take care of the front myself but would rather have their springs all around?

thanks for your time.

mods you can move if you want, didn't know the proper section to post this in.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:25 PM
pchio

Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

Give HKS a call? (310) 491 3300
Old 02-03-2009, 10:37 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pchio
Give HKS a call? (310) 491 3300
Nice people, but little more then a receptionest looking up things in the computer, a computer that's rather light on info at that.

You can find out more then they can tell you by visiting the HKS web site in Japan.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bimmertech
so i currently have hipermax 3's on my car, i really enjoy them but now wish i had bought the sports.

so i have a couple questions, first off is the valving on the dampers different between the two? second if the valving is different can i get the sports without the pillows in favor of the regular rubber mounts? if the valving is the same does hks sell the springs seperately--mainly the rear as i can take care of the front myself but would rather have their springs all around?

thanks for your time.

mods you can move if you want, didn't know the proper section to post this in.
Valving between the III and the III Sport if very different, which is something you should consider very carefully given your desire to possibly move from to the other, might be a case of going from mild to wild, not sure if that's what your after. We do have member's here with the III Sport, IMO pm a couple of them.

Spring rates also differ's between the two setups (enough that swapping springs in either direction is not advised).

HKS III non sport (Monotube, adjustable damping, full height adjustablity Replaces the HKS RS
Spring rates 448/448
Side note: Like a lot of products that promise street comfort and trackability, this setup may or may not delivery on that promise. Yet, IMO it is one of the better choices and worth a premium vs several $1000 choices.

HKS III Sport (Monotube adjustable damping, full height adjustablity Replaces the HKS II.
Spring rates 616/672
Side note: Valved rather stiffly according to the specs listed at HKS Japan

http://www.hks-power.co.jp/db/produc..._ID=433&M_ID=2

IIRC, III Sport automatically comes with the pillowball upper mounts, as in without rubber inserts.