BBK on Stock Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 12:03 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by DunZcon
Maybe its just me but I dont know anyone that does "normal " street driving in a Z. And And BBK is very needed if you go FI. You need to stop fast when your able to do 130 in a heartbeat. I have had many friend boost there cars then that one time thye need to stop from 130 + and the brakes fade. There is always been a wall there and you never want the wall to be your braking system.
There is about a 6 foot difference in stopping from speed between a BBK and OEM brakes. Do multiple 130 mph stops in a row, that is where the BBK will best perform. OEM brakes do fine in the canyons, OEM 06 brakes do fine on the track, unless your a serious track junky, there is no need for a BBK, turbo or not.

I have tracked with OEM 03 brakes, 06 oem brakes and now a wilwood BBK. Then with spirited street driving, i've never had a problem.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:58 PM
DunZcon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by terrasmak
There is about a 6 foot difference in stopping from speed between a BBK and OEM brakes. Do multiple 130 mph stops in a row, that is where the BBK will best perform. OEM brakes do fine in the canyons, OEM 06 brakes do fine on the track, unless your a serious track junky, there is no need for a BBK, turbo or not.

I have tracked with OEM 03 brakes, 06 oem brakes and now a wilwood BBK. Then with spirited street driving, i've never had a problem.
Closest brake comparison in OEM to BBK is is that the BBK stopped 15 feet short of a OEM at 90 mph that get even worst at higher speeds. However it seriously depends on your tires as well. I auto x and will soon be doing some serious track time and I don't want my Z to have to put off to let the brakes cool. Its an option thing. FI is for people that cant drive well, from my experince, not to bash.... Real race cars that I have seen are build from the ground up.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:18 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

FI is for people that cant drive well, from my experince, not to bash.... Real race cars that I have seen are build from the ground up.
Oh god here we go...every one of your posts in this thread is based on your opinionated speculation.

And the second statement is true, however oversized rotors and huge calipers dont need to be first on a Z. Being a real race car driver, you should know that.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:29 PM
DunZcon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ruthless18x
Oh god here we go...every one of your posts in this thread is based on your opinionated speculation.

And the second statement is true, however oversized rotors and huge calipers dont need to be first on a Z. Being a real race car driver, you should know that.
I just said from my experience not trying to start stuff. And yes BBK's are not first by any means you need to reach the limit of your car first them begin the upgrades. I have a full suspension, wheels and tires, the bbk is on the way. Oh and some minor engine mods. And the posts are my opinion on what I have experienced, and seen at the track. Not speculation.

And its not hard do some research and you will see the 6 foot difference between OEM and Kits is far from the truth its proven. So please tell me where the speculation is?????

Last edited by DunZcon; 02-28-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:21 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sure, post 16, 20, and 22.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:02 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

And its not hard do some research and you will see the 6 foot difference between OEM and Kits is far from the truth its proven. So please tell me where the speculation is?????
Please read http://www.zeckhausen.com/Testing_Brakes.htm some really good info about brakes on the 350Z.