Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Lower Tunnel brace problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 03:00 PM
ZForce1
You're done son

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bbs350z
cant see the validity of that statement, its like removng your strut brace and saying your car feels stiffer
Maybe it's just my preference in accordance to my driving style.

The car feels smoother to me, especially on turn in. I will also agree however, that the brace is put there to optimize handling and removing it would obviously compromise that although, I was only expressing my view and opinion on the OP's question.

Again, to each their own.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:18 PM
idrive_MD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZForce1
Maybe it's just my preference in accordance to my driving style.

The car feels smoother to me, especially on turn in. I will also agree however, that the brace is put there to optimize handling and removing it would obviously compromise that although, I was only expressing my view and opinion on the OP's question.

Again, to each their own.
From your mods list I cant tell exactly what u have for a suspension, but if what you have is a really stiff set up then removing a brace like that would give back some chassis movement which would give the impression of smoothness which in your case may be benefitial...its the same idea behind why some racers will put stock sways on when paired with a stiffened chassis and suspension assembly.

I would say in general, removing it isnt advised, but if you feel its benefitial then go right ahead. I keep bottoming mine out on crappy roads, so I'm considering have someone from work make me something a little flatter...but it will be a while before i ever get around to that.