Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Planning to do some exterior mods.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 07:41 AM
kinethix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Planning to do some exterior mods.

This are my question about lowering my car.

I have an 07 Z. I still have it stock, and no problem with speed bumps, potholes, no problems at expressway bridges joints and or pavement holes so far. I use to drive carefully because of the road hazards. But, at the end of this month I am planning to get the Nismo V2 Bumper, and I still don't know how much is the change in clearance of the Nismo V2 Bumper in comparison to the stock bumper.
I am planning to leave the stock 18" wheels for now, but I want to lower the car also with Pro kit springs, 1".
In summer I will put Volks TE37 Time Attack 245/40/19 F and 285/35/19 R.

My issue is here, by adding a Nismo V2 Bumper, and Volks, without springs, my 350 will still look like an SUV because of the Volks, or I do need to put the springs so it looks nice and normal? It will scrape my bumper/lip ( assuming a careful drive ) leaving the car stock (only Nismo V2 Bumper with 18 stock wheels) and/or putting the Volks without springs will also scrape the bumper/lip? Still the car will look good with those exterior mods w/o lowering?

Thanks for your help and suggestions.
Also I will appreciate if you guys put some pictures with the mods I am planning to get, with out springs, coil overs, etc... and with.
Also how much will be the clearance with the Nismo V2 Bumper with stock suspension.
Thank you!
Old 04-02-2009, 07:50 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Moved to the Suspension section. It appears you might recieve the best feedback here...
Old 04-02-2009, 11:55 AM
kinethix

Wohaa!! Thanks! Vo7848
Old 04-02-2009, 12:34 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,306 Likes on 1,661 Posts

Just lower it and scrape away. That much drop and a stock bumper scrape everywhere. Our cars are pretty low from the factory.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:03 PM
tribal_visionz

Is there a Nismo version 2 bumper for the 07's? I've seen some 07+ Z's with the Nismo bumpers and it looks retarded with the markings on the bumper, it has those indents that match up with the 03-06's hood style.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Done Deal DR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to have to agree with with terrasmak, lowered even with factory bumper you are guaranteed to scrape in some places even when being very careful. With a V2, you're giving up some additional clearance and you will need to be careful, especially if you're getting a straight fiberglass version.

The authentic Nismo is fiberglass and can easily get destroyed, Shineauto's replica is a high quality FRP that will be more resistance to cracking but can definitely still happen, and most other replica's that I've seen are straight fiberglass as well.

You will need to adjust your driving style and when you find a place where you've had previous bad experiences, you need to note that area and find away around it, and also learn why you had problems driving over that terrain and learn how to spot similar problems to avoid them as well. Or you can not give a sh*t and hit everything and buy a new bumper all the time and pay body shop costs.

I think without lowering your car will look a little goofy quite honestly. If you're going to get a new front bumper and wheels, I think factory ride height wont look right.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Done Deal DR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tribal_visionz
Is there a Nismo version 2 bumper for the 07's? I've seen some 07+ Z's with the Nismo bumpers and it looks retarded with the markings on the bumper, it has those indents that match up with the 03-06's hood style.
No they are all the same. A body shop can easily fill the lines, it will probably take them 15 minutes and cost hardly anything to have done.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:31 PM
kinethix

Originally Posted by Done Deal DR
I'm going to have to agree with with terrasmak, lowered even with factory bumper you are guaranteed to scrape in some places even when being very careful. With a V2, you're giving up some additional clearance and you will need to be careful, especially if you're getting a straight fiberglass version.

The authentic Nismo is fiberglass and can easily get destroyed, Shineauto's replica is a high quality FRP that will be more resistance to cracking but can definitely still happen, and most other replica's that I've seen are straight fiberglass as well.

You will need to adjust your driving style and when you find a place where you've had previous bad experiences, you need to note that area and find away around it, and also learn why you had problems driving over that terrain and learn how to spot similar problems to avoid them as well. Or you can not give a sh*t and hit everything and buy a new bumper all the time and pay body shop costs.

I think without lowering your car will look a little goofy quite honestly. If you're going to get a new front bumper and wheels, I think factory ride height wont look right.
Totally agree.

Thank you!!!

And yes, there is no V2 Bumper for the 07+ but the shop can fill the lines easily.
I think I am going to lower the car 1" with the Eibach Pro Kit, they are relatively cheap.
It is a good choice those springs?
Old 04-06-2009, 10:03 AM
tribal_visionz

Originally Posted by Done Deal DR
No they are all the same. A body shop can easily fill the lines, it will probably take them 15 minutes and cost hardly anything to have done.
Thanks. I'm sure it would cost some to have it done, to get it filled in then sanded down? I'm not in the body shop field, so I wouldn't know.