Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

G35 SEDAN suspension, need some help and/or advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 08:54 AM
g35rida

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G35 SEDAN suspension, need some help and/or advice

i have g35 sedan on 350Z eibach pro kit springs. im happy with the drop i got from it. i was wondering if to just put some good shocks,sway bars and be done.will that be a good idea? i didn't want to spent all that money on coillowers? this is my daily and dont want to get to crazy with it. what do u guys suggest?

i also have some camber issues on the back.im buying good used tires and they are lasting about two months.my tires tuck a little bit i have about 1/2in clearance between fender n tire. what u guy think or suggest i can do?
my fenders are rolled...

im on 19's hp wheels.
staggered 19x8.5 and 19x9.5
i have some camber in the rear that i want to get rid of.
thanks
Old 06-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by g35rida
i have g35 sedan on 350Z eibach pro kit springs. im happy with the drop i got from it. i was wondering if to just put some good shocks,sway bars and be done.will that be a good idea? i didn't want to spent all that money on coillowers? this is my daily and dont want to get to crazy with it. what do u guys suggest?

i also have some camber issues on the back.im buying good used tires and they are lasting about two months.my tires tuck a little bit i have about 1/2in clearance between fender n tire. what u guy think or suggest i can do?
my fenders are rolled...

im on 19's hp wheels.
staggered 19x8.5 and 19x9.5
i have some camber in the rear that i want to get rid of.
thanks
First of all get rid of the oem sedan shocks. They are 3/4" taller in body and piston rod lengths then oem Z shocks, your running a setup with next to no bump stroke. So for that reason alone, yes do a shock upgrade.

I would go with either Bilstein HD or Tokico HP (make sure the HP's are the 350Z fitment and not the G35 fitment)

A set of front and rear adjustable sway's is a cost effective way to improve the car. Hotchkis, Eibach or Progress come to mind.

For the rear, invest in either the Eibach or SPC camber arm/elongated toe cam bolt setup for your rear camber issues.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:33 AM
g35rida

tokico d spec dsp 9 or 7?

what do you guys think is good for my set up?

would they be a mission to adjust?

i'm looking for something stiff.

thanks
Old 07-06-2009, 08:04 AM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by g35rida
tokico d spec dsp 9 or 7?

what do you guys think is good for my set up?

would they be a mission to adjust?

i'm looking for something stiff.

thanks
HP's are going to be stiffer then what you have now and much better suited because of the shorter bodies. D-specs can be adjusted even stiffer, but you'll have to way the cost differance. If you get D-spec's get the dsp-9 for the 350Z, it comes with shoter rear shocks that are designed for the kind of drop your springs have.

Going stiffer doesn't mean it's better, a lot of people chase that only to wonder why the car doesn't ride as well. You've got to understand that doing a shock and spring setup is a compromise under the best circumstances concerning ride and drive quality.

As far as being able to adjust the D-specs, most people set them and forget them. If your sedan has the premium package with the reclining rear seats, run a search on g35driver for a thread that show's you how to get access to the tops of the rear shocks from inside the car. If you don't have the reclining rear seats, you will have to pull the rear shocks to adjust them, which is pretty simple. Pull wheel, bottom shock mount bolt and two upper nuts, done.

If it were my car, I'd buy the HP's and then save for a coilover that can actually delivery what I want.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:43 AM
g35rida

Originally Posted by Gsedan35
HP's are going to be stiffer then what you have now and much better suited because of the shorter bodies. D-specs can be adjusted even stiffer, but you'll have to way the cost differance. If you get D-spec's get the dsp-9 for the 350Z, it comes with shoter rear shocks that are designed for the kind of drop your springs have.

Going stiffer doesn't mean it's better, a lot of people chase that only to wonder why the car doesn't ride as well. You've got to understand that doing a shock and spring setup is a compromise under the best circumstances concerning ride and drive quality.

As far as being able to adjust the D-specs, most people set them and forget them. If your sedan has the premium package with the reclining rear seats, run a search on g35driver for a thread that show's you how to get access to the tops of the rear shocks from inside the car. If you don't have the reclining rear seats, you will have to pull the rear shocks to adjust them, which is pretty simple. Pull wheel, bottom shock mount bolt and two upper nuts, done.

If it were my car, I'd buy the HP's and then save for a coilover that can actually delivery what I want.
thanks for the help i was already thinking about bagging the car cus i want some thing low and stiff not stiff that the car rides like crap but stiff i know how shity a stiff car rides i have a lowrider u can emagine that ride on those cars ill go with hp's for now