Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

350z brakes - bias and piston diameter questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 12:34 PM
plusONETEN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350z brakes - bias and piston diameter questions

Ok, so I have a qrecked 350z that im using as a donor car to swap into my s13. Im thinking of using the brake mater cylinder because its in much better shape than my 240sx one and it has a larger piston diameter which will be better for big brakes.

my car should have similar weight distribution to the 350z, so i could slap on some 350z brembos and be set, but im not excited about swapping to a drum e-brake, and brembos are expensive.

id like to buy some wilwoods and slap them on. however, i dont know the piston sizes on the stock brembos, so without that i cant calculate what calipers i need.

I know how to calculate brake torque, though.. i just need the piston diameters.

also, i have heard that the brembo and non-brembo 350zs have the same BMC, is this true?

thanks!
Old 09-03-2009, 05:54 PM
plusONETEN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im going to get the measurements off the stock calipers soon... i have the non-brembos though. ill post them once i get them, but im still interested in the brembos... i wonder if they have more rear bias because they're more track oriented, whereas the standard brakes might be more front biased because there more daily driver oriented...

im hoping i can get this right, because i have no ABS.

but i have another more subjective question for you guys. I have heard that some people are running a non staggered setup on their 350zs because they like the balance of the car that way (stock 350z understeers a little, i hear, but ive never gotten to drive one)

with sticky-*** 295s at all corners (or whatever the most badass tires you got are), is the combination of increased weight transfer and equalized front rubber enough that the rears lock first, or not?

I'll post pics of my car once i make some more progress. i want to make sure i have the basic issues sorted out before someone copies my mistakes! haha