Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Bagging your Z.. chime in.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 11:06 AM
scoupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bagging your Z.. chime in.

I've done my searching and have found very little on the topic. From what I've seen it hasn't been as big of a hit in the Z/G world as say the VW scene and rightfully so... these are performance vehicles after all. but for some of us trying to achieve different things with our cars, this topic is appealing to a select group. myself, i live in new england, the season is short, the roads are ****, i cant get in my drive way with my lifted jeep and the list goes on. so i purchased my Z with the intentions making it show worthy and at the same time be able to keep up with average sports car. so achieving this i first turned to air ride. bellow i will list my wheel set up and my future suspension set up. i know this is a love/hate dispute and id love to hear how all of you feel..

i just custom orders a set of 19" WorkMeister S1s in gold
(ordered through Z1, id recommend them to anyone. they have been a great help to me)

19x10 et-7 (235/30/19)
19x11 et-7 (265/30/19)

Tokico D-Spec shocks
SPL A-Arms/ rear camber and toe
UVair bags
Easystreet management
etc.

(to rule out price as a disadvantage of running air, i have been quoted $2100 for strictly air related parts. after the shocks i'm at about $2700 give a take a few dollars. that price is comparable to some of the higher end coilovers on the market)

id love to hear from people that are using air suspension in there Z/G and id also love to hear peoples reasonings against them. please keep in mind however that for my application i am choosing to stray away from the raw performance that many owner strive for. I've owned a high horsepower FD and track monster of an S13 etc so i'm ready for a change. thanks guys.

Last edited by scoupe; 01-20-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:00 PM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by scoupe
I've done my searching and have found very little on the topic. From what I've seen it hasn't been as big of a hit in the Z/G world as say the VW scene and rightfully so... these are performance vehicles after all. but for some of us trying to achieve different things with our cars, this topic is appealing to a select group. myself, i live in new england, the season is short, the roads are ****, i cant get in my drive way with my lifted jeep and the list goes on. so i purchased my Z with the intentions making it show worthy and at the same time be able to keep up with average sports car. so achieving this i first turned to air ride. bellow i will list my wheel set up and my future suspension set up. i know this is a love/hate dispute and id love to hear how all of you feel..

i just custom orders a set of 19" WorkMeister S1s in gold
(ordered through Z1, id recommend them to anyone. they have been a great help to me)

19x10 et-7 (235/30/19)
19x11 et-7 (265/30/19)

Tokico D-Spec shocks
SPL A-Arms/ rear camber and toe
UVair bags
Easystreet management
etc.

(to rule out price as a disadvantage of running air, i have been quoted $2100 for strictly air related parts. after the shocks i'm at about $2700 give a take a few dollars. that price is comparable to some of the higher end coilovers on the market)

id love to hear from people that are using air suspension in there Z/G and id also love to hear peoples reasonings against them. please keep in mind however that for my application i am choosing to stray away from the raw performance that many owner strive for. I've owned a high horsepower FD and track monster of an S13 etc so i'm ready for a change. thanks guys.
You are the first person I've EVER talked to / PM'd with / read about / etc., that went from a "track monster" with that passion in their blood, to wanting a car bouncing around on an air suspension. No offense, but that's like banging hot chicks one day, then feeling "ready for a change" and coveting and drooling about dudes butts.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:10 PM
brandon3434

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scotts300
You are the first person I've EVER talked to / PM'd with / read about / etc., that went from a "track monster" with that passion in their blood, to wanting a car bouncing around on an air suspension. No offense, but that's like banging hot chicks one day, then feeling "ready for a change" and coveting and drooling about dudes butts.
HAHAHAHAHA omg
Old 01-20-2010, 01:14 PM
scoupe

Like I said in the first paragraph... living in new england doesn't have much to offer when it comes to a competitive car scene. There is no drift scene, the closest track is 2 plus hours away, everything is much more laid back, gtgs and what not. What good is owning a track monster when it'll never see a track ? But to each his own. I can't keep a car longer then 6 months and this will probably be another phase but its a change. Either this or drive a vw and I'm not ready to crack on that yet. Gotta draw the line somewhere...
Old 01-20-2010, 01:17 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yowzers!
Old 01-20-2010, 01:29 PM
scoupe

Originally Posted by GeauxLadyZ
yowzers!
That is nothing more then his personal opinion which I respect.. but didn't come remotely close to answer my question. I am curious to know how you really feel about them.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:27 PM
NismoTreeFittyZ

I will never put another vehicle of mine on air again. period.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:29 PM
scoupe

Originally Posted by NismoTreeFittyZ
I will never put another vehicle of mine on air again. period.
Please share...
Old 01-20-2010, 05:19 PM
zrzly?

bags are for groceries. static drops ftmfw. no but srsly. goto speedhunters and look up 350z's, there's a black one that IIRC was bagged and looked clean.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:51 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Originally Posted by zrzly?
bags are for groceries. static drops ftmfw. no but srsly. goto speedhunters and look up 350z's, there's a black one that IIRC was bagged and looked clean.
^ Yup i saw this one in person here in Houston at a show....its nice alright, BUT....

From what i gather and although its not my scene, bags are considered cheating amongst the "caveman stance" community here. Its too easy.

Like he ^ says, if you want to do it the right way slam that bish on coils.

If you want it low, ***** up and drive it low 24/7.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:04 PM
zrzly?

caveman stance on coils FTW, in all honesty bags and ride height are like spacers and flushness IMHO. I think it was royal_t's car on speedhunters, had a stack of wood blocks in the trunk for those pesky road hazards, if you have to carry special equipment in your car to drive, you're doin 'ish right.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:10 PM
scoupe

Originally Posted by GeauxLadyZ
^ Yup i saw this one in person here in Houston at a show....its nice alright, BUT....

From what i gather and although its not my scene, bags are considered cheating amongst the "caveman stance" community here. Its too easy.

Like he ^ says, if you want to do it the right way slam that bish on coils.

If you want it low, ***** up and drive it low 24/7.
I've heard the cheating speal.. no compitition, I just wanna drive low and not want to have to worry about getting into my driveway and about where I can and can't drive. My 05 has 14k miles I'm not trying to destroy it.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:16 PM
haeshik

i was dropped on stance but i got full nismo v2 kit and there was no way in hell i could make it up/down my driveway so i have air suspension on my z right now. The ride is not "bouncy" at all and i've had several homies who were amazed at how well it handled.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:25 PM
zrzly?

in all honesty, it's your car, do what you wanna do. the one thing the import scene needs more of is people that're willing to do their own thing and not worried about outside opinion, in all honesty isn't that how modding out cars began?
Old 01-20-2010, 06:32 PM
scoupe

Originally Posted by zrzly?
in all honesty, it's your car, do what you wanna do. the one thing the import scene needs more of is people that're willing to do their own thing and not worried about outside opinion, in all honesty isn't that how modding out cars began?
Couldn't agree with you more.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:09 PM
GeauxLadyZ

You cant see it in this pic, but the bottom of his bumper/lip is torn to chit.

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 01-20-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:22 PM
zrzly?

Originally Posted by haeshik
i was dropped on stance but i got full nismo v2 kit and there was no way in hell i could make it up/down my driveway so i have air suspension on my z right now. The ride is not "bouncy" at all and i've had several homies who were amazed at how well it handled.
when you say air suspension, how low do you sit bagged?
Old 01-21-2010, 11:20 AM
Zoom750

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about cup kits? I seem to recall an ad for one that seemed reasonable (at least compared to the Roberuta).
Old 01-21-2010, 12:32 PM
SQBassHead

Smile

i have been doing research on this for a while also. I too want my car slammed but dont want to deal with the problems that come with it, id rather just push a button and clear the obstacle ...lol..

years ago i was in a car that had bags, and the ride was HORRIBLE it was too bouncy and it was the complete opposite of how a Z should ride.....BUT with todays technology, everything has changed and it is WAY MORE ADVANCED than before. Ive heard good things come out of UAS, many ppl say it rides just a little better than stock, and thats with out changing anything,
IMO do what you want, its your car, and technology is way more advanced than before, PLUS if your not building a track car then WHO GIVES A CRAP, not all of us want to compete on a regular basis.

DD + BAGS= is OK
TRACK + BAGS = NO WAY... but you know this already

Originally Posted by haeshik
DUDE your in SOCAL!!! we have to meet up so you can give me a ride...lol.. i just need to confirm how the Z rides on bags before i pull the trigger....lol

in the caveman scene they say its cheating but ill put money on it that they wont be able to tell the Z is on bags plus i cant carry wood in my bc my subs take up my trunk already
Old 01-21-2010, 01:41 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Originally Posted by SQBassHead

in the caveman scene they say its cheating but ill put money on it that they wont be able to tell the Z is on bags

Yes, they will.

Quick Reply: Bagging your Z.. chime in.