Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

NEW 5Zigen brake AIR DUCTS (in development)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 01:05 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default NEW 5Zigen brake AIR DUCTS (in development)

5Zigen is currently researching/developing air ducts for your hot brakes.

Some of ours sponsors who get 5Zigen parts should have these when the time comes.

Victor
Old 10-26-2003, 02:23 AM
joust75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool Idea. Should give those function over form types a reason to put some snazzy air intakes on their skirting!
Old 10-26-2003, 07:10 AM
EnthuZ
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice find Vic!

I can't wait for details. BUT.......it appears that they are sending the bulk of the air to the side of the caliper?????? Hard to tell from these pics.

I want the bulk of the cooling air to be directed to the edge of the hat, into the ID of the vanes.
Old 10-26-2003, 08:01 AM
John

Hmmm... looks tempting...
Old 10-26-2003, 08:32 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by EnthuZ
Nice find Vic!

I can't wait for details. BUT.......it appears that they are sending the bulk of the air to the side of the caliper?????? Hard to tell from these pics.

I want the bulk of the cooling air to be directed to the edge of the hat, into the ID of the vanes.
those aren't Z pics, just general pics to show the idea. the final design for the z will be different.

Victor
Old 10-26-2003, 09:44 AM
GaryK

Originally posted by EnthuZ
Nice find Vic!

They would indeed be much more effective by directing air to the center of the rotor. If they do just duct air onto the calipers, I wouldn't expect much bang for the buck. Thats not to say that it won't help, its just that removing heat from the rotors would be better because there is more surface area to work with and it is beneficial to remove the heat before it has a chance to get to the pads and fluid. Cooling the caliper removes the heat that has already transferred through the pads to the calipers and the fluid.

FYI, if you ever take a look at full on road race cars, you will often see that they use ducting to the rotors and the calipers. However, the bulk of the cooling come from the ducts feeding the rotors. The ducting to the calipers just helps keep the calipers, pads, and fluid from heatsoaking and creeping up in temperature over the course of a long session.