Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

KW v3, rebound adjustment up top?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 12:30 PM
2fasst

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default KW v3, rebound adjustment up top?

I'm needing/wanting to access the adjustment for my rebound on the KW V3. I believe it's up top of shock body. IF that's the case, anyone tried drilling holes into your chassis to access them? (rear shocks)

Also, the compression adjustment. I know it's at the bottom. But I'm not sure if it's on the external resevoir or if it's the adjustment that covered by a plastic snap on 'collar'?

any help is appreciated! their manual sucks. Half english, half german and it's a generic manual that's not specific to any/either models that they offer.

Last edited by 2fasst; 05-25-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:35 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fasst
I'm needing/wanting to access the adjustment for my rebound on the KW V3. I believe it's up top of shock body. IF that's the case, anyone tried drilling holes into your chassis to access them? (rear shocks)

Also, the compression adjustment. I know it's at the bottom. But I'm not sure if it's on the external resevoir or if it's the adjustment that covered by a plastic snap on 'collar'?

any help is appreciated! their manual sucks. Half english, half german and it's a generic manual that's not specific to any/either models that they offer.

1. do you even have v3s installed?
2. yes. you can drill the rear strut tower brace for access to the top of the suspension. the adjustment is on top of the piston.

i made a custom 2mm hex tool that was very very tall to access the rear suspension. the stock adjustment tool they give you can work, just you risk dropping it into the strut tower area...

3. the rear compression adjustment is covered by a black snap collar. and its a 1/4 turn each sweep from left most opening to right most opening..you can't miss it

these are my Clubsports, i think the bump adjustment is in the same area.

bottom of the picture, next to the blue dot. pop the black cover off to access it.

the manual is actually pretty informative. and has images that show the generalized location of the adjustment areas...
Old 05-28-2010, 12:38 PM
2fasst

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks Chebosto, that post helps alot and confirms before I start drilling my chassis.

Yes, unforntunately I also have the Clubsport. I say unfortunately because in hindsight I believe the V3 would be better suited for my type of driving, which is daily driving. The reason why I inquired about 'v3' in my original post is because external they're identical and I figure I would get better response because the V3 would be more popular.

I find the Clubsport too harsh for my taste. What did I expect right? I know, I know. More isn't always better.

Curious what kind of settings you're running for street setup? How many clicks from full for rebound and compression front and rear?

Thanks again. I'll drill those holes to access the rear rebound adjustments.