Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Rear left brakes riding

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 12:08 PM
MoMo1707

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear left brakes riding

Ok so i bought my 05 350z track a month and a half ago and it was fine when i bought it. I drove it for around 2 weeks and then the brake lights quit working. the dealership put a new braklight sensor in and as soon as i left the lot i noticed that the rear end was shaking, and my tire pressure sensor light was on and blinking psi. I figured my tire was low got out and my left rear brakes were smoking.....i managed to get the car back to the dealership and ever since it has been there at the dealership. They have sent it to 4 different mechanics and no one can figure out why my left rear brakes are coming on and riding the rotor without me even touching the pedal. they claim that the calipers are good and are not seizing up. Any insight on what it could be?

Thanks Nate
Old 09-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Chris_B

Originally Posted by MoMo1707
Ok so i bought my 05 350z track a month and a half ago and it was fine when i bought it. I drove it for around 2 weeks and then the brake lights quit working. the dealership put a new braklight sensor in and as soon as i left the lot i noticed that the rear end was shaking, and my tire pressure sensor light was on and blinking psi. I figured my tire was low got out and my left rear brakes were smoking.....i managed to get the car back to the dealership and ever since it has been there at the dealership. They have sent it to 4 different mechanics and no one can figure out why my left rear brakes are coming on and riding the rotor without me even touching the pedal. they claim that the calipers are good and are not seizing up. Any insight on what it could be?

Thanks Nate
If they are 100% SURE the caliper is OK, take a look at the brake line if it is still the rubber OE item. They can collapse from the inside and restrict fluid from returning upstream.

Another possible issue is pad fitment. If there is any drag between the pad back plate and caliper abutments, it can hang the pads up a bit also.

Chris
Old 09-07-2010, 06:53 PM
MoMo1707

Hey Chris i appreciate the advice im going look at it tomorrow

Nate