Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Review: CXRacing Coilover Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Neu Era

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Review: CXRacing Coilover Kit

Just recently installed my CXRacing coilover kit with a buddy of mine. I'm very impressed it. I haven't seen one Z with the same setup. I highly recommend this coilover kit to anyone who wants great handling or just wants to slam their car to the ground. Any one else have these same coilovers?

Heres are some pics of my ride .
Attached Thumbnails Review: CXRacing Coilover Kit-1.jpg   Review: CXRacing Coilover Kit-2.jpg  
Old 10-08-2010, 08:34 PM
rzua5

Sorry no offence, but "Very impressed" is not a review...can you elaborate on the ride quality?? coilover built quality etc?? It does looks pretty nice and slammed I must say, got camber kit for alignment?
Old 10-08-2010, 10:51 PM
SoldzMyZ

LOL here's my review of the movie, day of the dead. It sucked.

Thank you LOL
Old 10-08-2010, 11:21 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Cost, spring rates, shock dyno, lap times before and after?
Old 10-09-2010, 06:31 AM
duro78

pics of the parts prior to install, ride quality, whats the range of ride height adjustability
Old 08-08-2011, 11:38 AM
nismomike

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My review

I actually got ahold of these too. I put them on my Nismo (I know what you are thinking, I must be an idiot), but with a new job and career, I am doing some experimenting with suspension set ups, and exhausts in the current and near future. I picked up the CX racing coils for 800 dollars and got all new Progress sway bars, camber arms, and the other necessary parts ( I will be going with Stance, HKS, and Cusco in the future) So far, I am really impressed. I expected worse, to be honest. The spring rates are 14kg front/10 kg rear. I had them set to 4 clicks from soft, because I was taking a 500 mile trip from VA to suburban NY with the car for my job. IDK how to describe it all in techno mumbo jumbo but the car felt great, rode smooth, no vibrations or noises, and the steering (even though it may have a real presence for a suspension change) felt dead on perfect, firm, and my "tire" hop that I had in the front over bumps was gone, and the front end felt more firmly planted to the road. Taking turns the car was flat, stable, and this was taking the on/off ramps at about 60 mph. I will set the dampers to a stiffer setting now that I am just driving locally, but for the money I paid, I have no regrets, and may just keep them on the car. Changing lanes was the biggest difference for me, it just felt more "accurate", for lack of better words. Like I would quickly turn the wheel left/right, and the car just "railed" its way over to the next lane. I have only put about 600 miles on the car since I got it, but so far so good.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:50 AM
huyrua

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Neu Era
Just recently installed my CXRacing coilover kit with a buddy of mine. I'm very impressed it. I haven't seen one Z with the same setup. I highly recommend this coilover kit to anyone who wants great handling or just wants to slam their car to the ground. Any one else have these same coilovers?

Your review makes me want to buy two for no reasons. Very convincing.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:27 PM
WP350z

Could you please take pictures on how you installed the rears. I've done it so many times i just cant get the rear to sit low. It still looks like a "Monster Truck".

So pictures would help gratefully.

Thank You

Last edited by WP350z; 10-20-2011 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Misspelled
Old 10-20-2011, 09:05 PM
Viksz33

horrible wheel gap. lol
Old 10-20-2011, 09:38 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

I read somewhere that manufacturer is the same one as Megans.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:01 PM
Shawz1102

Originally Posted by mr. sparco

Tip for you guys: if the manufacturer is located in Southern California, particularly LA and its suburbs with area codes 626 or 909 and has a name that's unheard of before, chances are, the products are subpar and are made by the same factory overseas.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:35 AM
2fasst

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the problem with lower cost brands is they may 'feel great' the first few thousand miles...and then......seals start to leak, cheap aluminum finish start to corrode, etc...

There IS a difference in quality products people. People buy knock-offs and drive good businesses out of business
Old 10-21-2011, 03:23 PM
TheDangerZone

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
I've heard that megan, stance, bc racing, fortune auto, buddy club and all of these other random companies that are popping up everywhere are made by the same company in china/taiwan. But anywho, cx racing isn't exactly known for their quality of parts.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:42 AM
nismomike

I installed the CX racing coilovers, drove about a 1000 miles, then came across a set of HKS Hipermax III sports for the fronts with only about 3k miles on them. Switched the CX racing in the front with the HKS, and kept the CX racing in the rear as I was not able to find the matching HKS for the rear. Needless to say, after adjusting the rates a bit, the car feels superb.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:37 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDangerZone
I've heard that megan, stance, bc racing, fortune auto, buddy club and all of these other random companies that are popping up everywhere are made by the same company in china/taiwan. But anywho, cx racing isn't exactly known for their quality of parts.
If IIRC that company was also sub contracted to produce coilovers for Greddy and Apexi.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Samuel Jordan

What kind of camber kits are you using
Old 01-02-2012, 08:53 PM
dj lizard

Do any of you guys recommend buy a set of these?? . I'm not intending to keep it for long.
but I'm on a tight budget for now since I'm rebuilding the engine and paying my school fees. International student everyone knows I'm paying **** loads of money for being that.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:38 PM
dsm25psi

I had them installed on my is300 for about a year with no problems at all, and the ride was great..
Old 01-05-2012, 02:55 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

all sorts of fail up in here
Old 01-05-2012, 03:36 PM
SLOPOS

Should've got MDU's. Same thing, half the price. Fail review.

Quick Reply: Review: CXRacing Coilover Kit