Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Anyone have pics of Bilstein Coilovers set to the lowest setting?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 08:26 AM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What Bilstein Pss9/10 is NOT. They are not for tracking and they aren't for max lowering.

What they are, is the best comfort ride system you can get for these cars with sensicle mild spring rates for that mission and excellent valving, again for that mission. Like any other system and does NOT have full height adjustablity, the sky is NOT limit with it comes to droppage. At a 7/8" drop your about a low as you want to go with the setup. When I say that, I'm not guessing, I had the setup on my car and I measured actual on car bump travel. Wanna make the bumpstops part of the suspension, have at it. I'm not trying to me mean, it is a great system, but when used for the right reason's in the right way.

When I say they aren't for tracking, what I mean is. They aren't valved for that and out of the box. If you have a 9/10 and you think turning them up enhances performace, you'd be wrong. Low speed compression/rebound stay's the same, never really changes. In the same respect mid and high speed compression/rebound ballon's in direction's that will cost you speed and time. Again, not a tracking coilover. Again, not guessing, ran mine on the shock dyno.

And to the member that brought up the Stance LX, that product should not even be mentioned in the same sentance. Night and day differances in spring rates and R&D, the Stance uses absurd spring rate stiffness. In addition, the Bilstien product reuses the oem upper shock mount, offering greater levels of NVH contol vs a pillow ball uper mount. What we do not know is if the Stance suffers from the same control range issues in it's damping adjustors. But as a comfort system, the Bilstein product hits a perfect bullseye on that mark, adjusting them stiffer only takes away from that.

Stance LX+Pro Twin tube, adjustable damping, ride quality system*
Spring rates: 616/560"
Notes:*Sold as having a "luxurious ride quality" because of it's twin tube contruction. However, you can have the best dampers on the face of the earth, but it won't matter with springs as stiff as this setup uses. If your after ride quality, buy HKS III, Bilstein PSS10, or Tein CS.

Bilstein PSS9 coilover Monotube construction, adjustable dampners, reuses oem upper shock mounts
Special Note: If you keep the damper adjustment at or below 5, this setup delivers a ride and drive quality that is beyond reproach. Settings above 5 are not advised, ride and performance is compromised, I used to own these.
Spring rates 370/240-420 (rear progressive)

Last edited by Gsedan35; 10-26-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:43 PM
spitalul2bad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do about 3 trackdays a year. (That's when amateurs can get in a Formula 1 track)... I chose the PSS10 for street comfort and a slightly lowered ride. I run setting 7 in the back and 5 in front (to compensate somewhat for lowering + momentum shift when accelerating hard). They do exactly what I bought them for. I did my research. 27% more stiffness in front is exactly what I was looking for.

Also, with R888s they did just fine on the track. I was leaving BMW M3s for dead. Only problem I had was with the power... I could corner as well as a Porsche GT3 RS but as soon as the straight stuff started, he'd leave me cold.