Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

drop suspension effecting Z

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 01:40 PM
JDMStanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
seriously, stop answering questions...you're ill equipped. Stick to asking them, you'll be better off
Hey man, i know you need to sell some parts but got to be honest. From what i researched, gf210 is only for look and it gets scary on freeway because they are progressive. Tell me how i'm wrong. Can't remember why they get scared. But someone i know, Z owner who has them, recommended not to buy progressive or gf.

Last edited by JDMStanced; 11-19-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:00 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 350zRiot
Hey man, i know you need to sell some parts but got to be honest. From what i researched, gf210 is only for look and it gets scary on freeway because they are progressive. Tell me how i'm wrong. Can't remember why they get scared. But someone i know, Z owner who has them, recommended not to buy progressive or gf.
Nothing to do with me selling parts - It has to do with you not knowing what you're talking about.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:24 PM
JDMStanced

Nothing to do with me selling parts - It has to do with you not knowing what you're talking about.
I wouldn't be happy if someones trying to buy something from me and someone else gives bad reviews about the item that was to be purchased. it was just an example.
I just told him what I HEARD and RESEARcHED. I just wanted him to note that and for further info he can do more research. I'm sure I didn't just make up some random stuff and make him not buy it.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:37 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

I wouldn't be happy if someones trying to buy something from me and someone else gives bad reviews about the item that was to be purchased. it was just an example.
I just told him what I HEARD and RESEARcHED. I just wanted him to note that and for further info he can do more research. I'm sure I didn't just make up some random stuff and make him not buy it.
Don't get progressive springs as i heard many people saying that you'll get scared of driving on freeway.
1 person that you 'heard' it was 'scary' from is not fact, and it's not research. What's scary is your lack of knowledge and experience, yet your willingness to share it
Old 11-19-2010, 02:51 PM
JDMStanced

1 person that you 'heard' it was 'scary' from is not fact, and it's not research. What's scary is your lack of knowledge and experience, yet your willingness to share it
because that's what they said, "scary".
i cant tell you anything for fact because Ive never ridden in those springs.
I wanted to give OP an opinion about progressive springs that most ppl wont tell because everyone else was saying gf210 is awesome. The drop is awesome but I don't bout the handling.
He can take or not take my advise or opinion but you can't tell me to STFU and just ask questions.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:06 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

because that's what they said, "scary".
i cant tell you anything for fact because Ive never ridden in those springs.
exactly my point, thank you
Old 11-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Zazz93

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I've driven on progessive springs (Swifts) they hardly feel unstable. The guy your getting the scary statement from could have screwed up on the install or have other problems. Progressive springs get a bad rep because the drivers who are really talented (exprienced track guys) prefer the consistant feel of linear springs. That's their preference, nothing more. But many people see their statement as progressives are garbage and that's just not the truth.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:03 PM
JDMStanced

Originally Posted by Zazz93
I've driven on progessive springs (Swifts) they hardly feel unstable. The guy your getting the scary statement from could have screwed up on the install or have other problems. Progressive springs get a bad rep because the drivers who are really talented (exprienced track guys) prefer the consistant feel of linear springs. That's their preference, nothing more. But many people see their statement as progressives are garbage and that's just not the truth.
Try out gf210 on the freeway and see if they feel the same?
i remember at least two owners saying they get "scared" driving on the freeway on gf210. for that reason and others, i ordered Stance gr+. i thought gf210 is the best spring for their buck but "I" don't think that way anymore so decided to save money and go with coilover.
i just gave my opinion, advise so..**** lol
Old 11-19-2010, 04:15 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,309 Likes on 1,663 Posts

Originally Posted by abo
interesting. i'm pretty sad now. i'm researching about compression rod bushings as we speak. i've been doing the all work on this car myself. but its my first modded car. so i'm learning as i go. hopefully its not too expensive/hard to replace. i just finished correcting the camber/toe in the rear too. =*( thanks for the input. i'm going to have to get under the car and see if your right.
http://www.splparts.com/SPL_CRB_Z33.html
Old 11-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Not to add or take away from anyone's fire. I think we've seen propressive sprins over blown in this thread and their impact over minimised.

Nissan did not equip the car oem with progressive springs for a reason. Would they make the car unsafe, no. Do they impact how the car behaves, yes. If you view the car as a sports car, that is ment to behave in a certain way, your buying decision will avoid that type of spring at all costs. I'm not taling about things you'll only run into on a track, I'm talkng about things you can run into on the street doing the things that anyone owning a sports car can ask the car to do while still being perfectly safe and sane. I've driven on both back to back, they do effect car feel and at the limit behavor.

I do have one disclaimer. We do have a few progressive spring choices that aren't really that progresive, I don't have a problem with those. Tein S-tech is a perfect example, front is progressive but only midly so.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:56 AM
08sleeperz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought I remember reading the specs on the gf210s as having a stiffer rate than stock and NOT being progressive. I guess I have more searching to do. I'll probably be better off saving for a decent set of coils as springs seem to be just for looks and I want added performance as well.