Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Suspension N00B (me) Needs your help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 10:34 AM
ohmygaw1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Suspension N00B (me) Needs your help!!!

Ok, so I've been thinking about buying either some brand of lowering springs (Eibach, Hotchkiss, Tien etc.) or the Hotchkiss TVS Stage 1 kit. I'm not looking for anything too drastic seeing as my Z is pretty much street only. I don't need anything more than ~1" drop all around. However, I do have some questions that I need sound answers on before I can make a decision...

1. I know lowering of any sort can screw up your camber. The rear shouldn't be a problem but I've seen a thread or two stating that the front camber is "non-adjustable" and requires new A-arms entirely if you want to avoid the excessive neg. camber (Be nice to avoid spending the extra cash if I can). This true?

2. If I were to go with lowering springs only, some said that they can often cause premature strut wear. I want to go with springs that are as close to the OEM spring compression numbers as I can to try and avoid this. This a good idea or should I accept the fact that I'll be replacing struts a bit more often?

3. I'm not too concerned about the toe angles since those are easlily adjusted with an all-around realignnment. Safe on that assumption there?

If there's anything I might have missed pls don't hesitate to post your recommendations.

To get an idea of the stance I'm going for, search "black mamba 350z" on Google. (pops up as a cardomain page at the top after you search)
Old 01-28-2011, 10:57 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

1. yes true, u need front a arms to adjust camber. see kinetix $239

2. if your car has low mileage most use the oem struts, if its higher, consider them gone.

3. not safe, read link below

Read here, ask here after you read it and understand it:
https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-...ion-101-a.html

\thread

-J