Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

B&G springs now released for sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 10:42 AM
neur0sis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by zland
1. How much are those rear camber arms?
2. On an angle for those speed bumps. The look is worth the hassle.
3. Give us feedback so others have more than just my opinion pls...

Jeff - zland
The rear camber arms are ~$200 from the user LSDUnique, and also on eBay under the "Kinetix" name (I believe).

I had my Honda Prelude lowered, and was able to get over the speed bump. I just have to "rice" the bump as well as the driveway. :-) Just have to get the right angle down, and hope I don't scrape too much. I'm sure it'll be worth it.

As soon as I get them on, and drive around a lil, I'll be sure to revisit this thread, and give my opinion.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:45 AM
Nothing

I live in Chicago... and the roads aren't the greatest... would it be foolish of me to drop the Z 1" all around? I like the look, but don't want to damage the car???

N.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:47 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

I have never had a problem yet with a bumpy road, just steep driveways and speed bumps. Of course I dont go off roading in my Z either....

Jeff - zland
Old 12-04-2003, 12:04 AM
neur0sis

Got my springs today from Greg! They look awesome. One thing I noticed... are just the REAR springs progressive? The fronts look linear, like stock...

I am waiting on my camber arms from LSDunique next week, then this should all go on. Just need to locate a spring compressor for the install.

Old 12-04-2003, 05:31 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by neur0sis
Got my springs today from Greg! They look awesome. One thing I noticed... are just the REAR springs progressive? The fronts look linear, like stock...

I am waiting on my camber arms from LSDunique next week, then this should all go on. Just need to locate a spring compressor for the install.

I just remember noticing the progressive windings but you got the 4 springs in front of you, do the front not look progrssive?

I am interested to see your feedback once you get them installed. Provide some pics too.

The big thing that got me was the better fwy ride. I was thinking a lowere car would ride rougher so that amazed me.
Old 12-04-2003, 08:26 AM
2003z

I got my spring compressors at harbor freight tools for $10. I went to the local store, but you can probably find them at their website.

But then, I didn't feel like dfighting with the front strut disassembly so I just took them out of the car and to a local shop and had them change out the springs for $25
Old 12-04-2003, 10:42 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

So are the springs on now an if yes, what do you think?

Jeff
Old 12-04-2003, 01:13 PM
neur0sis

So are the springs on now an if yes, what do you think?

Jeff
Jeff, ... Not yet. I just got them via UPS yesterday, and I am waiting on the camber arms that should come in early next week. I should be able to install them mid month. I just don't have much space to work on my car, so I am going to do it all at once, at my friends shop. Then I need to get an alignment.

SO... hopefully... SOOOOON. I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 12-04-2003, 06:40 PM
neur0sis

I just remember noticing the progressive windings but you got the 4 springs in front of you, do the front not look progrssive?
Regarding this, I took a pic of the Rear (top) and Front (bottom) spring. Front doesn't look progressive to me:
Old 12-05-2003, 07:11 AM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

Just need to locate a spring compressor for the install.

Dan,

You can get them at Kragens free for 48 hours. You leave a deposit but when you return them you get your money back. Make sure you get the ones recommended for struts.
Old 12-07-2003, 06:01 PM
neur0sis

*bump* ...

Jeff, do your front springs look like the ones I posted? Did you get a chance to look at them before they were installed?
Old 12-07-2003, 06:26 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

*bump* ...

Jeff, do your front springs look like the ones I posted? Did you get a chance to look at them before they were installed?
Here is my old and new springs. Stock in black, B&G in red. I cant remember if the ones I took the pic of is fts or rears, sorry. You can call Greg at Mossy to ask him. He has got more than one set in stock last time I spoke to him.

Jeff - zland
Old 12-08-2003, 11:50 AM
neur0sis

word I got back from Greg @ Mossey is that they *ARE* definatly progressive, but not as noticable as the rears. Now I am just waiting on my LDSUnique camber arms!
Old 12-11-2003, 12:07 PM
Blue Batmobile
Inventor
Blue Batmobile

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've got my new 19" EVO2's on. I'm still debating on dropping the car. I hear good things about B&G springs. Jeff, you still have those springs on your car? I'd like to check your car out in person.

Bat™
Old 03-24-2004, 11:29 AM
LaPuLaPu

Here is my old and new springs. Stock in black, B&G in red. I cant remember if the ones I took the pic of is fts or rears, sorry. You can call Greg at Mossy to ask him. He has got more than one set in stock last time I spoke to him.

Jeff - zland

Do you know what the spring rate is for these B&G springs?
Old 03-24-2004, 11:29 AM
LaPuLaPu

Default Spring Rate

Jeff - zland

Do you know what the spring rate is for these B&G springs?
Old 03-25-2004, 07:34 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

I dont know the rate off hand but lets set up a meeting and you can drive it and see if you like it....Jeff
Old 03-25-2004, 08:30 AM
JasZ

Do you need a camber kit for the 1" drop? I wonder how the ride with these compares to the '04 roadster stock ride.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:49 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

After 4 wheel alignment, I was off about 1/2 dgree out of spec with negative camber. That is good for handling, not as good for tire wear. The alighnemnt guys tell me I should expect about a 10-20% loss of tire wear for the life of the tire with that set up. I could further cut it to 5-10% loss if I simply take the left tires and put them on the rt wheel. If you can live with that, yes, get a camber kit. I estimated I would go thru at least 3 sets of tires before buying a camber lit became cost effective.

Jeff - zland
Old 03-25-2004, 08:51 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

I only drove one 2004 Z and it was a roadster at Willows. I was not concetrating on comfort of ride to tell you the truth so for me to compare that to my springs dropped is not accurate. I can say I feel the bounce issue is much better than stock.

Jef - zland

Quick Reply: B&G springs now released for sale