B&G springs now released for sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 09:51 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Default B&G springs now released for sale

I know many of you expressed interest in my protype springs by B & G. Now they are being produced and for sell. Greg Vogel of Mossy Nissan will have the B & G springs available for the 350Z tomorrow. He will sell them for $195 + shipping.

Greg's Phone number is (760) 720-9797

Here are some pics of those springs. They drop the car 1" exactly all 4 corners. Eibachs are dropped 1.2" in rear and .8" in front for comparision. Greg had Eibach springs on his Mossy car before changing over to NISMO S suspension. He drove the Eibachs on the track and my 350Z with the B&G springs on my car on the track as well. He felt the B&G performed better on the track.

These springs eliminate the fwy hop on stock springs. I have these springs on my Z for months so if you got questions, ask them.

Jeff - zland

Last edited by zland; 11-25-2003 at 09:54 AM.
Old 11-25-2003, 09:54 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Here is a ft view
Old 11-25-2003, 09:57 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

these pics were taken before I got the car aligned so the camber is off on these pics.
Old 11-29-2003, 04:16 PM
Blue Batmobile
Inventor
Blue Batmobile

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice. How's the ride quality? I'm looking for a subtle drop.

Bat™
Old 11-29-2003, 05:17 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Ride is smoother than stock on fwy (eliminates fwy bounce). It is smoother over small bumps but harder over larger bumps. This is achieved by the springs being progressional vs stock which are not. If you need clarification on this let me know ok. Drop look is great to me. If you can get over the fact you need to be careful on speed bumps, you will be happy. If you dont like that part, dont drop it at all.
Old 11-29-2003, 05:22 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

The red springs are the B&G, the blacks are stock. Notice how the B&G springs are wound tighter on one end? This is what cause the springs to ride smoother over small bumps and on fwy's.

I hope this helps...Jeff - zland
Old 11-29-2003, 11:07 PM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think if you want subtle drops, TEIN has springs that only drops 0.3" =- 0.4 "... not sure anyone installed them or not..

These B&G looks great! do they settle after awhile? or is it still only 1" drop all 4 corners?

thanks!
Old 11-30-2003, 02:04 AM
wakaZ

Looks great

Any alignment issues?
Old 11-30-2003, 06:23 AM
Blue Batmobile
Inventor
Blue Batmobile

Originally posted by Apexi350z
I think if you want subtle drops, TEIN has springs that only drops 0.3" =- 0.4 "... not sure anyone installed them or not..

Now that's subtle!

Bat™
Old 11-30-2003, 06:33 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by Apexi350z

These B&G looks great! do they settle after awhile? or is it still only 1" drop all 4 corners?

thanks!
If they have settled, I have not noticed it. My springs were the final prototype springs. When I put them on, the rep from B&G was there to measure them and ride in my car with me. He swore they would maintain that exact height. I have not rechecked ht and I am just telling you by looking at it by eye.

wakaZ:

I had tmy sheels aligned aftet spring installation. It is .5 degrees still out of alignment. They believe that if I dont rotate my tires from left wheels to rt wells, I would lose about 10-20% life of tires but by rotating, i could cut that number in half. Eibachs are a 1.2" drop in rear thus the problem is worse in the rear of those springs. The perfect solution is buying camber adjustments but the cost of those would take 2-4 set of tires bepending on if it is 10 or 20% loss of tire wear. I am planning on rotating my tires thus it would take double that to break even. My plan is wear a set of tires and actually see the waer issue and if really needed, address the camber issue later.

Jeff - zland
Old 11-30-2003, 11:02 AM
Blue Batmobile
Inventor
Blue Batmobile

I'll give Greg a call this week. Not sure if I'll get springs yet though. I'll be getting a bodykit sometime in the near future. My wheels should be ready later this week. We'll see.

Bat™
Old 11-30-2003, 12:19 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by Blue Batmobile
I'll give Greg a call this week. Not sure if I'll get springs yet though. I'll be getting a bodykit sometime in the near future. My wheels should be ready later this week. We'll see.

Bat™
Blue Batmobile: If you live in Ca. you can drive my Z if you like and see if you like it. I think that if you saw it and drove it, you would know better if it is the set up for you. I live within 5 miles of Mossy/Greg Vogel's Nissan dealer so you could drive my Z and drive from there to the Nissan dealer to pick them up if you wanted. BTW, anyone else that wants to do that is more than welcome, just let me know.

I thought about suspension for months. I had in my head that Tein with EDFC was the best combination giving me abitity to lower it, handling, and ride adjustability. I still think it is a nice set up but after driving it and NISMO S, I came to realize that stock handles pretty darn well for one. Then, when these B&G came along, it handles better than stock, does not have fwy bounce, and looks perfect for my taste which made me lose my desire to spend $1300 on Nismo or 2K on coilovers. Now, my priority is more towards hp gain and maybe next if needed, brakes. After getting that, I might revisit suspension.

When I took my Z out to the track I realized that the suspension I had was more than enough for me at my level. I STRONGLY suggest everyone tracks their Z first before spending money on coilovers. As a friend told me once, "why spend money on a brake kit until you experience brake fade on your stock brakes?" I think the same could be said about suspension. Have you experienced handling issues that you felt limited what you wanted to do in performance with your Z? Remember, if you go with something like JIC's, you will get improved handling on the track but you might not prefer it overall considering the ride quaility. This is why i say track it first. If you decide to modify the suspension after that, you will appreciate it even more having driven it on a track stock VS modified.

Jeff - zland

Last edited by zland; 11-30-2003 at 12:25 PM.
Old 11-30-2003, 02:16 PM
Blue Batmobile
Inventor
Blue Batmobile

Thanks for the offer Jeff. I may take you up on the offer. I live in the Scripps Ranch area, so you're about 25 min away. PM me your #.

Bat™
Old 11-30-2003, 06:46 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Bat:

You got a pm, my box is empty now.

Jeff - zland
Old 11-30-2003, 07:43 PM
Blue Batmobile
Inventor
Blue Batmobile

Old 11-30-2003, 10:00 PM
neur0sis

Thanks for the heads up Jeff ... Greg also e-mailed me and said they were available (along with zwindsor, since he had hear me talking about wanting them!) ...

So, I placed an order for a set, as a Christmas present to the Z! Gonna pick up a set of the LSDUnique rear camber arms as well, and do it all at once.

Just have to figure out a way over the monster speed bump at my apartment complex... :-\
Old 11-30-2003, 10:09 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by neur0sis
So, I placed an order for a set, as a Christmas present to the Z! Gonna pick up a set of the LSDUnique rear camber arms as well, and do it all at once.

Just have to figure out a way over the monster speed bump at my apartment complex... :-\
1. How much are those rear camber arms?
2. On an angle for those speed bumps. The look is worth the hassle.
3. Give us feedback so others have more than just my opinion pls...

Jeff - zland
Old 12-01-2003, 06:42 AM
jelledge

Default B&G Springs with no drop?

Would it be possible to get a set of these springs with no drop? I want to simply eliminate the highway bounce but not drop the car so I can get over speed bumps and driveways, etc.
Old 12-01-2003, 07:35 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

jelledge:

No, the drop is 1" on these springs. My suggestion to you is to buy the NISMO S suspension. It is a .75" drop they claim but I a Z next to my Z with Stock suspesnion and it look exactly the same. In otherwords, I dont believe the claim of .75" because I actually measure it and saw no drop.

NISMO will elininate the fwy bounce, handle MUCH better, and maintain the factory warranty. No need to get an alignment either!

You can buy them through Greg Vogel at Mossy in Ocenside or Performance Nissan, both at a great price. They will both ship if you live far away. If you are a live in southern ca. , my brothers shop will install them cheaply or you can have them installed at Mossy or Performance, good luck, Jeff - zland
Old 12-01-2003, 07:38 AM
jelledge

Default Nismo suspension

Thanks for the advice on the NISMO suspension. I have been considering it but would rather spend $200 on springs then $1400 on completely new setup.

Thanks,
Ja

Quick Reply: B&G springs now released for sale