Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Suspension upgrade need some advice...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 12:30 AM
paulpoca2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension upgrade need some advice...

Hey guys I'm thinking about upgrading my suspension after driving my friends 07 s2k lol. Right now I only have Tanabe springs on my car. I already have SPC camber kit and Compression rod bushing sitting in my garage. I was thinking bout getting Buddy club racing coilovers and hotchkis sway bars within the next few weeks. What do you guys think about these parts? How well will these improve the handling? Do I need anything else? Thanks guys.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:23 AM
paulpoca2003

Default Need advise for my suspension upgrade

Hey guys I'm thinking about upgrading my suspension after driving my friends 07 s2k lol. Right now I only have Tanabe springs on my car. I already have SPC camber kit and Compression rod bushing sitting in my garage. I was thinking bout getting Buddy club racing coilovers and hotchkis sway bars within the next few weeks. What do you guys think about these parts? How well will these improve the handling? Do I need anything else? Thanks guys.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:23 AM
r_seng

First off, wrong section.

This is just my personal and honest opinion. Your question is very broad, this will all depend on what you're going to setting up your z for. Buddy Club racing coilovers are a bit much in terms of a DD IMHO. I would get Stance GR+ and call it a day.

As for suspension links/arms, SPC is alright. I personally would get suspension links/arms from either SPL and/or Stance. As they are of a thicker build with the addition of machined Aurora/Endura rod ends instead of generic cast rod ends of SPC.

Price point of Stance and SPL are significantly higher then SPC (and comparable brands) due to the simple fact of you get what you pay for. Personally, I would shell out the extra cash and get a top quality product, especially when it comes to suspension links/arms. When any one comes to the point of replacing OEM suspension links/arms with aftermarket units, it becomes a safety and performance modification. Pay to play simple.

Again, this is just my personal and honest opinion. You have to pay to play.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:24 AM
r_seng

I see that you posted in the correct section now.

This is just my personal and honest opinion. Your question is very broad, this will all depend on what you're going to setting up your z for. Buddy Club racing coilovers are a bit much in terms of a DD IMHO. I would get Stance GR+ and call it a day.

As for suspension links/arms, SPC is alright. I personally would get suspension links/arms from either SPL and/or Stance. As they are of a thicker build with the addition of machined Aurora/Endura rod ends instead of generic cast rod ends of SPC.

Price point of Stance and SPL are significantly higher then SPC (and comparable brands) due to the simple fact of you get what you pay for. Personally, I would shell out the extra cash and get a top quality product, especially when it comes to suspension links/arms. When any one comes to the point of replacing OEM suspension links/arms with aftermarket units, it becomes a safety and performance modification. Pay to play simple.

Again, this is just my personal and honest opinion. You have to pay to play.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:30 AM
calin
Banned

Like r_seng said, I would get Stance coilovers is the Z is your daily driver. They're pretty affordably and everyone who has them, loves them. I had Stance GR+ coilovers and an SPC camber kit and toe bolts on my Z. The ride wasn't bad at all for a daily.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:24 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

If you want your Z to handle like an S2K you need to remove 500 pounds, if you want a z to hang with a S2k in the corners you need tires, wide tires with proper suspension. Stance would not be proper suspension, especially compaired to the remote reserviors the S2k comes with stock.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:44 AM
paulpoca2003

Ok thanks for in info guys. I guess I'll decide on which coilovers later. Also I need rear toe links since those are true coilovers right? will SPl rear toe links do the job?
Old 02-15-2011, 11:24 AM
r_seng

Stance

SPL

Either or.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:00 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by paulpoca2003
Ok thanks for in info guys. I guess I'll decide on which coilovers later. Also I need rear toe links since those are true coilovers right? will SPl rear toe links do the job?
You don't need Toe links, but they are great. I ran stock buckets with my Motons set up as true coilover for 3 months.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:11 PM
User 42426

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you already have the camber kit, should need nothing else unless you are going to dump the car, then you would need control arms. Other than that, just search around for buddy coils or other coils that are within your budget. We don't know what you are looking for in coils, ride comfort, drifting, tracking, dd, whatever.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:16 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

If you want budget coilovers, I would go with Stance. Hit up Eddie @ THmotorsports.com
Old 02-15-2011, 08:46 PM
paulpoca2003

Nice thanks again guys. Really appreciate. Btw if I get everything listed below installed at a shop and then do alignment how much should I be looking at?

Compression rod bushings
SPC front and rear camber kit
Coilovers
Toe links
Sway bars
Old 02-15-2011, 08:52 PM
paulpoca2003

I'm looking for coils that will give me the best handling around 1k. This is my DD but I really don't care about ride comfort. I don't think I'll ever drift but Ima track sometimes when I have time lol. I was thinking bout getting Buddy club coils cuz one of my friend had it on his car and he really liked it. But now I'm considering Stance coils too since everyone recommend those lol.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:42 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by paulpoca2003
I'm looking for coils that will give me the best handling around 1k. This is my DD but I really don't care about ride comfort. I don't think I'll ever drift but Ima track sometimes when I have time lol. I was thinking bout getting Buddy club coils cuz one of my friend had it on his car and he really liked it. But now I'm considering Stance coils too since everyone recommend those lol.
Best handling for $1k would be Tokico D Specs with 04.5 and newer springs, or possibly some other springs like Cobb, Swift or ???? i would have to look at the spring rates.