Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

I need Help! Hotchkis sway bar bushings

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011 | 10:11 AM
ericjackson

Default I need Help! Hotchkis sway bar bushings

Ok, My rear sway bar bushings are shot. I need replacements. I could not remember if the rears used OEM, so I got a couple from the dealershit. well the diameter is different as you can imagine...

so what are my options? surely this has happened to someone else because these bushings are crap. I cant seem to find anything on their website or by searching

thanks
Old 03-19-2011 | 10:20 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by ericjackson
Ok, My rear sway bar bushings are shot. I need replacements. I could not remember if the rears used OEM, so I got a couple from the dealershit. well the diameter is different as you can imagine...

so what are my options? surely this has happened to someone else because these bushings are crap. I cant seem to find anything on their website or by searching

thanks
If you have a phone available to you, just call them. You could also just measure, go onto Enery Suspensions website , then order a set of bushings.

The ones that come with the bars are just a set of universal bushings, that are properly sized.
Old 03-19-2011 | 01:03 PM
Guilty1s

I do know hotchkis outsources for them as that is what they where waiting on when i was waiting for them to ship out.
Old 03-19-2011 | 02:27 PM
ericjackson

well i managed to squeeze in the OEM ones for now.

Now im still faced with the same problem i had. I thought those bushings would fix it.

but basically, my rear end just slides back and forth, like the wheels are about to fall off. esp at like 80 or above. its dangerous, it feels like my car is about to shoot off the road.

it was doing this before bu my tires were bald, and not near as bad. so i wrote it up as bad tires

I just installed rear differential solid bushings, bought brand new tires, and got an alignment.. when i left, the back end felt WAY loose. I took it back, they re-did the alignment, i took it back out and same problem. I took it back, and we got it on the lift and found that my sway bar bushings were so loose from them bringing my wheels back to place, you could shake it back and forth.

what else could it be? endlinks? unfortunately, i have to wait a while to get endlinks because i am about to have a baby, so I would really hate to buy them and that not be the cause.

Someone help me out if you have suggestions or ways i can tell
Old 03-19-2011 | 02:32 PM
dcains

Even if your bar was disconnected the car wouldn't behave as you've described. Can't tell you what is causing it, though.
Old 03-19-2011 | 02:34 PM
ericjackson

Originally Posted by dcains
Even if your bar was disconnected the car wouldn't behave as you've described. Can't tell you what is causing it, though.
hmm great. it feels like im riding on flats or something. like the back end just fishtails for no reason
Old 03-20-2011 | 07:10 AM
ericjackson

ok... riddle me this.. could a bad wheel bearing cause this? ( i can shake the whole tire off the ground) and if it can, what could cause this wheel hub to wear out prematurely? I replaced this hub sometime summer last year, the other 3 have 150k on them! i was told i was lucky that they lasted that long. I figure this hub and bearing have less than a few thousand miles on them. I bought them from the dealership. im assuming no warranties on this piece of **** either...
Old 03-20-2011 | 07:24 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

post your alignment figures
Old 03-20-2011 | 08:03 AM
ericjackson

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
post your alignment figures
wish i had them but they didnt print them out for me. I was there when it was performed. they put it back at oem and toe and everything was "in the green" on their machine. I took it back and the did the alignment again. and the swaying is still present