Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

spanner question

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 05:32 PM
kihun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spanner question

i have stance pro coilovers but i cant find my damn spanners. does anybody know any spanner works universally? i see few on ebay but they are different brands. or if anybody is selling it on here, let me know thanks.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:50 PM
shakuya88

Totally unrelated but I saw this and honestly thought it was a "spinner question" since i read it quick at first....lol
Old 07-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Chi-TownWarrior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kihun
i have stance pro coilovers but i cant find my damn spanners. does anybody know any spanner works universally? i see few on ebay but they are different brands. or if anybody is selling it on here, let me know thanks.
Call Stance and order new ones.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:52 AM
Junkster

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I didnt have the spanners for my megans for a while after i installed them (PO couldnt find them for almost a month before he gave them to me). IN the meantime i was just using a flathead and a hammer to knock the rings loose and to tighten them.

Even after i got the spanners i still use this method lol...makes life so much easier if you ask me...spanner wrenches are anoying as fawk to use...

as a side note just call stance and ask them for the dimensions of their spanner wrenches. Once you get them you can search on ebay for adjustable spanners...just a thought.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:55 AM
jduet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only $25

http://stance-usa.com/sus/products/h...anner-wrenches
Old 07-26-2011, 12:07 PM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jduet
This.

In my experience it's always ideal to have the proper tools for the job. An adjustable spanner wrench is ok, but I think it would get annoying going from the larger collar to the small collar during your adjustment process, and having to readjust the wrench each time. Just my 2 cents. Spend the $25 on the ones that Stance wants you to use.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:05 PM
Vivid Racing
Sponsor
Vivid Racing

Originally Posted by sry110
This.

In my experience it's always ideal to have the proper tools for the job. An adjustable spanner wrench is ok, but I think it would get annoying going from the larger collar to the small collar during your adjustment process, and having to readjust the wrench each time. Just my 2 cents. Spend the $25 on the ones that Stance wants you to use.
There's no reason to ever touch the larger collar, unless you're corner balancing the car. You're supposed to use a punch and hammer on the lower mount collar anyway. The spanner wrenches are really only for adjusting spring sag/pre-load, which like I said, you shouldn't be messing with anyway.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:57 PM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by VividRacing
There's no reason to ever touch the larger collar, unless you're corner balancing the car. You're supposed to use a punch and hammer on the lower mount collar anyway. The spanner wrenches are really only for adjusting spring sag/pre-load, which like I said, you shouldn't be messing with anyway.

I probably misspoke. I was speaking on the basis of my coilovers (BC BR type) where you can lower the front height by:

1) loosen the smaller collar at the bottom (where the shock body threads into the lower fork member)

2) Put larger wrench on larger upper collar (directly under the spring) and turn to the left so that it threads down into the lower fork member. The entire shock body turns, but the large collar does not turn because the smaller upper collar is jammed up underneath it, so the length of the spring does not change. The piston rod (not sure that's what it's called) that goes up thru the strut tower rotates freely within the upper strut mount, allowing the shock body to rotate in this manner.

3) When desired height is reached, tighten the small lower collar to secure the shock body within the lower fork member.

Is that not correct? That's how I adjusted my BC coilovers and it seemed to work fine, but again the construction may be way different from the Stance Pro so I could be way off base.