Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Question with my new drop

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 11:14 AM
aasorah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question with my new drop

I have tanabe gf210 springs installed and rear camber arms. I love my drop and have an alignment appointment in the morning. I am trying hard to learn about the 350z adjustments. I understand what Camber Caster and Toe is but I do no know where these are adjusted on the z. I understand toe adjustment is minimal on the rear and camber will be adjustable with the arms. But I'm worried that my rear toe is a big mess... Here are some pics of how far its off... Will the shop be able to get them back into spec?
Attached Thumbnails Question with my new drop-img00059-20110919-1446.jpg   Question with my new drop-img00058-20110919-1446-2-.jpg  
Old 09-19-2011, 01:21 PM
CTZ860

You sure your eyes aren't playing games with you??? Its really hard to tell because from the rear the bumper tucks in...exposing more of the tire which would look like a toe problem...
Might not be all that far off.
You can search around based on what wheels and setup you have and someone else may have the same setup with their camber and toe settings. If you get the settings i'm sure it would be easy on the shop to set it right up for you.

Good luck
Old 09-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Vivid Racing
Sponsor
Vivid Racing

Since camber/toe are directly related, having the camber kit will help adjust toe. You should be fine. Just remember that TOE is what wears tires fast. Camber contributes, but is not nearly as big of a deal. So if the alignment tech has to dial in a bit of negative camber to get your toe in spec, it's not a big deal. A bit of negative toe actually helps with traction under acceleration.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:45 PM
aasorah

Awesome. Pics are hard to tell. It is out of line I'm sure but may not be near as bad as I am thinking it is. I just installed the camber arms as they came so I have no clue as to how they are set. But thanks for the reply's. Ill make sure and tell the tech to get my toe squared away and do the camber best he can. Good to know camber is directly related to toe. I've been trying to get all the adjustments figured out but I feel like I'm 6 weeks behind craming for a chemistry exam. But hopefully all will go well.