Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looking at your replies thus far this is what I would do

Purchase 2 softer 280lbs rear springs from Stance and install them

Or

Pull the setup and resell it.

Purchase instead
Eibach Pro-S Coilover.
Bilstein Pss10 kept at full soft 100% of the time.
Tanabe Pro-5 Kept at full soft 100% of the time.

If you would like a second opion on your current setup and you can meet me in the Livermore area on a tue or wed I can meet you to do a ride a long.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:06 AM
BSERIEuS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the GR+

and once i put the car on 19's....i really felt the ride difference compared to the stock 18's.

car is a stiff ride...but it is very tolerable. in the future...i do plan on switching out to the tanabe coilovers. but....this will do for now.

good luck with the coils...i'm sure the installer tweaked something incorrectly b/c mine does not ride as rough as your description.

heres a pic for reference on my ride height:
Name:  Z1-1.jpg
Views: 874
Size:  160.3 KB
Old 01-09-2012, 01:33 PM
yellowxhoodie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have them on my Z too. Set to full stiff all around and I daily my car in the Chicagoland area. Never had a problem with them.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Vivid Racing
Sponsor
Vivid Racing

Sounds like a botched install. Just because the shop is experienced, doesn't mean it's done right. For example, when I worked for a coilover company we had a kid come in with 350Z coils that were installed WAY wrong. The install was done by a shop that specializes in 350Z/G35s.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:36 PM
nismo316

Originally Posted by BSERIEuS
i have the GR+

and once i put the car on 19's....i really felt the ride difference compared to the stock 18's.

car is a stiff ride...but it is very tolerable. in the future...i do plan on switching out to the tanabe coilovers. but....this will do for now.

good luck with the coils...i'm sure the installer tweaked something incorrectly b/c mine does not ride as rough as your description.

heres a pic for reference on my ride height:
My drop looks like yours. I know lowered cars will not feel like stock but my ride is bad.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:51 PM
nismo316

Last edited by nismo316; 01-18-2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:59 PM
nismo316

Originally Posted by slow03z
Pre-load on oem is nearly zero. I used a jack under the stock spring bucket to keep pressure while removing the bolts holding it in but there is little if any pressure on it when suspension is at full droop. Cutting your spring bucket or different length springs would be the only ways to completely remove all preload on oem rear.

To check your preload on coilovers, jack up car remove wheel, first see if spring is tight or if you are able to rotate spring on perches. If snug but shows signs you could turn it/turns but difficult to do so, your preload is near nothing, the way it should be.

If the spring is very tight and shows no sign of moving you may need to get out your spanner wrenches that came with the coils and loosen the spring perches. once all pressure is off and you verify spring is loose then move spring perch back up until spring is tight but not applying force. Tighten locking nut up to perch. Done.
Over the weekend I took tires off, took your advice to check out if the springs were tight. The springs were fairly loose and I was able to rotate them on the perch. Just not sure what is going on. Thanks for the tip!
Old 02-22-2012, 04:51 PM
ALO8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

were you able to get your problem fixed?
Old 04-10-2012, 06:46 PM
nismo316

Originally Posted by xxxlino
were you able to get your problem fixed?
No. In fact thinking about pulling this set up out and going back to oem style set up and buying some eibach or h & r lowered springs. Its been frustrating
Old 04-10-2012, 06:57 PM
heyyouduh

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ride is such a subjective thing. since they were installed correctly it sounds like you're just not used to such high spring rates. the less than desirable damping characteristics of stance probably doesn't help either.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:07 PM
cnz

I love my GR+'s set 9 clicks from soft
Old 08-29-2012, 11:56 PM
whatdaPHO

Don't want to bring back an old thread but I got my stance coilover n install them drove around and felt the rear was way too bouncy and I tried softest setting n still way too bouncy. Long story short so I called stances and told them about it and they ask if I mess with the preload I said no and than got the manger on the phone and he ask me if I remove the spring on the control arm soooo quote ( your suppose to remove the spring on the control arm in the rears because it's a true coilover system and they is no need for those spring anymore) once I took them off all I can say is OMG I love these coilovers even on the stiffest setting it's still a smoove ride.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:31 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by whatdaPHO
Don't want to bring back an old thread but I got my stance coilover n install them drove around and felt the rear was way too bouncy and I tried softest setting n still way too bouncy. Long story short so I called stances and told them about it and they ask if I mess with the preload I said no and than got the manger on the phone and he ask me if I remove the spring on the control arm soooo quote ( your suppose to remove the spring on the control arm in the rears because it's a true coilover system and they is no need for those spring anymore) once I took them off all I can say is OMG I love these coilovers even on the stiffest setting it's still a smoove ride.
you left the OEM springs on along with the coils??
Old 08-31-2012, 11:06 PM
whatdaPHO

^^^ I was owned big time didn't know what I was thinking lesson learned