Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Whiteline vs Energy Suspension Bushing kit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 06:44 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by rich2342
My car has the a clunk for time to time and recently started to sway when traveling in a straight line. Would the full kit front/rear replacement be required as a fix?

I see others here talking about the front mostly? Is that common?
I would look at the front LCA bushings
Old 06-01-2015, 09:25 AM
Zquicksilver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Curious, does anyone know the scoop on whether or not Whiteline and Enrg.Susp. are affiliated with one another? I read in one of the other 50 susp. threads that Whiteline was an independent dealer of Enrg.Susp., seems counterintuitive for Whiteline??

Most of my OEM bushings seem fine, but I have some of the rear end apart doing a rear diff. bushing swap. I'm considering upgrading the bushings here and there short of dropping the subframe. I also have to install new struts F/R. I will do the rear first and front second, small garage space, lol.

I'm trying to understand the order of superiority...
1.-Whiteline (quality-quiet)
2.-EnergySusp. (quality-squeaks)
3.-OEM (Works-but wears out faster).

After looking over much of the 350Z's suspension, which is amazing to me... I realize stiffening the bushings is not necessary a good thing, because it has to flex and move in a certain manner, something the Nissan engineers obviously worked on for months-years, taking the Pros-Cons of ALL the components into consideration. So to be perfectly honest, I hope replacing OEM rubber with a Polyurethane type is the best move, fingers crossed.

Last edited by Zquicksilver; 06-03-2015 at 11:59 AM. Reason: add to my questions...
Old 06-18-2015, 03:44 AM
shakuya88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Whiteline bushings that I currently have installed in my lower control arms were great for the first 15-20k, now they are the loudest thing on my car. Sit in my car and the squeak is loud enough for neighbors to hear and turn. Swapping to ES bushings next week, have some ES stuff in the rear and in another car and it's all perfect and silent, Disappointed Whiteline customer, will not be overpaying for those things again.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:15 AM
guitman32

Received 108 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by shakuya88
The Whiteline bushings that I currently have installed in my lower control arms were great for the first 15-20k, now they are the loudest thing on my car. Sit in my car and the squeak is loud enough for neighbors to hear and turn. Swapping to ES bushings next week, have some ES stuff in the rear and in another car and it's all perfect and silent, Disappointed Whiteline customer, will not be overpaying for those things again.
It has been proven time and time again that Energy Suspension bushings tend to be noisier than Whiteline, so you are making a lateral move.

You need to remove the control arm (which is the one I assume you think is making all the noise), clean all contact surfaces thoroughly, and re-grease per Whitelines recommendations.

Installation is a huge factor in the longevity of poly bushings, if you dont lube the correct areas, use the wrong type of lube, or dont clean and prep the critical surfaces properly...they will be more prone to making noise, and make noise sooner in their service life.