Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Whiteline vs Energy Suspension Bushing kit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 09:43 PM
mcarther101

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Whiteline vs Energy Suspension Bushing kit?

What bushing kit is best? Whiteline or Energy Suspension? I plan on tuning the car for a drift setup for when I have time to track the car again. Anyone have either of these sets? Which is better and more long-lasting?

Also, how many miles can I expect to get out of either of these bushings?

Any other mods I should consider besides adjustable camber/traction rods, front control arms, coilovers, sway bars & cup kits?
Old 02-19-2012, 06:40 AM
silvertouringz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have the energy full front kit. very disappointed buyer.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:08 AM
acke15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spl is the best
Old 02-19-2012, 08:40 AM
ian99rt

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by silvertouringz
Care to explain? I have the ES front kit installed and couldn't be happier. Car feels much sharper, feel the road a lot better.

Just wondering why your unhappy with them.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:41 AM
silvertouringz

i hear a clunk whenever i am parking, going over bumps and coming to stops. i used plenty of grease and everything was professionally installed at a shop. i got new balljoints too.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:30 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Energy hasn't been around long enough to know how long it will last. it is a bit stiffer than Whiteline, but they are notorious for squeaks on nearly every platform they make bushings for (even with their grease installed). Whitelines are silent in my experience, on this, and other platforms

Not to mention, longevity will largely be a function of the conditions under which it's used, road quality, etc.

Install wise, while a bit more difficult, the Whiteline is a superior setup all around and covers more locations vs the Energy setup - Whiteline literally makes a bushing to replace every single factory one save for exhaust bushings
Old 02-23-2012, 08:14 AM
Darkknight916

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump for Z1's post.

I installed whiteline front bushings and am stoked about how sharp it feels. I am going to get the whiteline bushings for the rear now. The Front doesn't squeak or clunk. It's super responsive and true. I'm hoping between the install of the rear bushings, a set of solid diff and subframe bushings, it will bring the rest of the suspension gear in to a whole new realm of awesome.

I highly recommend the Whiteline products! Z1 usually has some awesome deals, give them a call, they helped me with my conversion.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:01 PM
tyau

Have Whiteline lower bushings, inner and outer, with SPL compression rod bushings.

Super sharp steering.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:06 AM
sanbaifo

Originally Posted by acke15
Spl is the best
Isn't aluminum overkill for about 98% of users? Even those who do track days and autocross.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:38 PM
shaddy-z.

My energy bushings are great. Huge improvement over stock, turning feels tons better. I haven't really noticed much noise either but that could be because my exhaust is louder than any simple squeaks. What bothers you guys so much about all these little noises? If you want a completely quiet car this probably isn't the car for you in the first place..
Old 02-29-2012, 07:11 AM
slmdchvy05

I just replaced all of my bushings with energy suspension busings and love how much tighter and responsive it feels, the ont thing that I will be changing out is the compression rod bushing with the SPL bushing. I have been very happy with ES bushings and have been using them for years and have never had any squeeks or issues with the past few vehicles that I have put them in.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:17 AM
tyau

There seems to be a misconception that SPL bushings don't squeak.
The SPL compression rod bushings do squeak. As you use the bushings, the teflon coating wears out. The combination of road contaminant, water, salt, sand, dirt, debris all wear out the SPL bushings, causing the moving parts to trap on the bushings and wearing out the spherical bearings.

My SPL bushings squeak, but they have no play. Although spherical bearing makers recommend against lubricating teflon lined bearings, the only way to reduce or temporarily eliminate the squeaky noise is to lubricate them.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:37 AM
island03z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silvertouringz
Hate to raise the dead but I'm also pretty disappointed.
I have the full front kit and I have the gap on the compression rod chassis bushing, it squeaks everytime i go over a speed bump or driveway or rough road (yes its greased like the install said to). I just bought the whiteline bushing to replace it.

Also the strut-lower control arm bushing is tearing and i've only got about 6k miles on them.

Overall the kit was a good price, hopefully they honor their warranty without much hassle. The handling is very crisp and sharp. The ride has gotten noticeably harsher especially over the pot hole infested roads of Honolulu. I bought the kit mainly to replace the stock torn bushings on my daily driver but I do occasionally auto-x so I expected the harshness and figured I could live with it.
I decided to order the compression arm bushing from whiteline to replace the energy's after some research seeing as how it could possibly do more harm than good and that I couldn't live with the noise.

Update: ES warrantied the torn bushing without any hassle and replaced it with a different design. Hopefully these last longer than the last one but overall I'm satisfied with their customer service.

Last edited by island03z; 01-18-2014 at 12:51 AM. Reason: update
Old 01-01-2014, 04:26 PM
Trevor Hebert

I seen that ES sells a 'Master Kit'. Does this kit replace the main bushings that need replacing? I want to swap my bushings in my DD because i am starting to hear clunking. I would much rather go with WhiteLine instead though. Could someone tell me where to find all of the bushings needed to replace the main ones? I have heard that Z1 doesn't sell all of the WhiteLine bushings.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:19 PM
Rev_Night

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 2007 with about 35K miles on it. Yes, i could prop the car up and use a light to see if the bushings are worn out. But approx. how many miles do the stock bushings last?
Old 09-06-2014, 01:07 PM
ZGone

Default Same Company

It looks like Whiteline and Energy Suspension are made by the same company:
Diverse Suspension Technologies
2355 County Road 490
Stephenville, TX 76401

Check the websites side by side.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:18 PM
cashmoney03

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Made by the same doesn't mean made the same.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:28 PM
guitman32

Received 108 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by ZGone
It looks like Whiteline and Energy Suspension are made by the same company:
Diverse Suspension Technologies
2355 County Road 490
Stephenville, TX 76401

Check the websites side by side.
Um, they seem to be an independent dealer of Energy Suspension parts as per their website, and it explicitly says so on the site.

That address is listed nowhere as a manufacturing source or parent company on either the Energy or Whiteline site.

What sir, are you talking about.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:22 PM
Z33Garage

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by island03z
Hate to raise the dead but I'm also pretty disappointed.
I have the full front kit and I have the gap on the compression rod chassis bushing, it squeaks everytime i go over a speed bump or driveway or rough road (yes its greased like the install said to). I just bought the whiteline bushing to replace it.

Also the strut-lower control arm bushing is tearing and i've only got about 6k miles on them.

Overall the kit was a good price, hopefully they honor their warranty without much hassle. The handling is very crisp and sharp. The ride has gotten noticeably harsher especially over the pot hole infested roads of Honolulu. I bought the kit mainly to replace the stock torn bushings on my daily driver but I do occasionally auto-x so I expected the harshness and figured I could live with it.
I decided to order the compression arm bushing from whiteline to replace the energy's after some research seeing as how it could possibly do more harm than good and that I couldn't live with the noise.

Update: ES warrantied the torn bushing without any hassle and replaced it with a different design. Hopefully these last longer than the last one but overall I'm satisfied with their customer service.

Your shock fork bushing got ripped apart due to the 2 nipples on the actual damper fork. Happened to me and ES told me I have to grind those down, and they gave me new bushings for free.

So far I am happy
Old 03-14-2015, 05:40 AM
rich2342

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My car has the a clunk for time to time and recently started to sway when traveling in a straight line. Would the full kit front/rear replacement be required as a fix?

I see others here talking about the front mostly? Is that common?

Quick Reply: Whiteline vs Energy Suspension Bushing kit?