Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

I absolutely cannot decide what coilover or spring/shock combo to get?...

Old 02-22-2012, 07:56 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by n8dog11914
I'm surprised you recommended that Tokico spring / setup combination. I've heard mixed opinions.

Personally, I run Koni Yellows on revised springs. The setup performs and rides better than the Megan springs the previous owner had installed.
Mixed opinions? Can you please post some links? I been monitoring thread's since 2003 and next to the S-tune setup, all the owners that have the D-spec shock and spring setup like the setup. Would it be the best choice for everyone, no. It doesn't use spring rates too much stiffer then oem, nor does it have rebound only tuning.

Based on what the OP want's Koni's would take too much out of his budget. And no spring exists that isn't progressive in the drop range he's after. In addition, having owned Koni's and driven on the D-spec shock, the D-spec offers a better ride quality, which the OP specifically asked for. Yes, the Koni's would perform better in auto-X. But I don't see someone striving to podium, but have fun whenever he does go to events. With the D-spec shock and spring get, he gets excellent damping, modest linear spring rates, somewhat closer to the drop he's looking for at a price that let's him still have money to add sways and rear camber/toe correction.