Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Top Speed Pro-1 Coilovers Review

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 09:13 AM
vert-z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so what is the current wait? would like to purchase these but see the list..
Old 06-09-2012, 09:20 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

What spring rates do you have for the rear as a true coilover and please post pics of how you set it up. ( please remove wheel to post pics)
Old 08-01-2012, 06:03 PM
350zeed

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All these reviews and no pics of them on the car???

What is up with the knocking?
How low can you go?
Are they easy to set?
Old 08-04-2012, 11:08 PM
K-SWIZZ

How are the Top speed ones holding up?
Old 08-04-2012, 11:15 PM
ALO8

crickets
Old 08-05-2012, 02:16 PM
sssmasss

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i sold my car. So i am selling my coilover. brand new check this ou https://my350z.com/forum/socal-marke...san-diego.html
Old 09-03-2012, 06:22 PM
SLOPOS

I've had the MDU's for a little over a year, and they go low. I do think that the fronts weren't preloaded properly, because I get a clunk from the strut bottoming out when I hit a hard bump, but it's far and few between (once a month on pothole ridden florida roads). I setup the rears in true coil fashion, and haven't had any problems with them. It's impossible to change the ride tension on the rears without taking them out, so make sure you set what you want the first time. I haven't had any shock leak and the ride is pretty smooth; very comparable to stock.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:03 AM
JaE35z

slopos did you give them more pre-load or let some out? They can get low but they're just to soft for me to ride at that height
Old 09-04-2012, 06:09 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Originally Posted by JaE35z
slopos did you give them more pre-load or let some out? They can get low but they're just to soft for me to ride at that height
You do know that preload on a linear rate spring doesn't make it harder or softer !
Old 09-05-2012, 05:34 AM
SLOPOS

I didn't change the load significantly on the front. I've added some preload to alleviate the bottoming out issue, but it was no more than one or two turns. I guess I was lucky, cause I picked these up before they got popular. I paid $330 shipped, and for that price, these things rock. I'm not an extremely spirited driver, but today my carbonetics lsd goes in and my first drift event will be in October for this car, I'll post back to tell everyone how it goes.

I will say that going that low is not necessarily a good thing. As of now, it's impossible to remove my transmission without a plasma torch because I hit a manhole that flattened one of the trans mount bolts. I've also lost part of my undershield, and it's impossible to get over speed bumps, so I have to go out of my way to drive around them. My front bumper looks like a beaten hooker after a good night out, and the underside of my car has met the road more times than I'd like, but it looks pretty ****.

Last edited by SLOPOS; 09-05-2012 at 05:41 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:45 PM
sk26dett

Anyone else have these installed for +1 year? Would you still reccomend then?
Old 09-15-2012, 02:53 PM
1991ls13

^^ ding ding

same here....and i was told they werent like godspeed that makes the clunk noise...guess i should try and be careful where i buy my things now...

Good: They go low enough IMO and make your car look and feel a bit tighter.
They are 600$

Bad: Customer service
They are noisy and clunky.
They are too bouncy.
They are not pair with the other cheap 800$ megans etc, they are pair with the other 500-600$ coilover...

all and all they do there job to get your car low and handle 20% better with the exception of being too clunky and noisy....

my overall 2 cents
Old 09-16-2012, 11:26 PM
freddys 350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

imo, unless your racing. stick with rubber top mount bushings.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:05 AM
TS PRO-1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 1991ls13
^^ ding ding

same here....and i was told they werent like godspeed that makes the clunk noise...guess i should try and be careful where i buy my things now...

Good: They go low enough IMO and make your car look and feel a bit tighter.
They are 600$

Bad: Customer service
They are noisy and clunky.
They are too bouncy.
They are not pair with the other cheap 800$ megans etc, they are pair with the other 500-600$ coilover...

all and all they do there job to get your car low and handle 20% better with the exception of being too clunky and noisy....

my overall 2 cents

Dude...seriously. Bad customer service?????? You received nothing less than THE BEST customer service...as does everyone that conducts business with Top Speed.

You are always acting like such a little "Toddlers & Tiara's" pissy-pants cry-baby drama queen.

Does anyone on here take you seriously? All you seem to know how to do is b!tch & moan...b!tch & moan...b!tch & moan.

All you have done is chime in on any post that is any way states something less-than-100% favorable about us...or anyone else.

It seems like all you live for is to stir up negativity. Are you the neighborhood gossip where you live too?

You must be a very a unhappy person...and I predict you will not live a long life because of it.

Oh yeah, and please do not resort to making perverted cracks about my Mom again like you did the last time I outed you like this. It makes you sound like you're 13 years old...

Last edited by TS PRO-1; 09-17-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:13 AM
Bmurray350z

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Last edited by Bmurray350z; 09-17-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:29 AM
JaE35z

loll and for what it's worth i never got any noise they're just not stiff enough
Old 09-17-2012, 09:49 AM
tkuntz

Originally Posted by JaE35z
loll and for what it's worth i never got any noise they're just not stiff enough
thats what she said!
Old 09-17-2012, 09:50 AM
JaE35z

Old 09-17-2012, 03:36 PM
1991ls13

Originally Posted by TS PRO-1
Dude...seriously. Bad customer service?????? You received nothing less than THE BEST customer service...as does everyone that conducts business with Top Speed.

You are always acting like such a little "Toddlers & Tiara's" pissy-pants cry-baby drama queen.

Does anyone on here take you seriously? All you seem to know how to do is b!tch & moan...b!tch & moan...b!tch & moan.

All you have done is chime in on any post that is any way states something less-than-100% favorable about us...or anyone else.

It seems like all you live for is to stir up negativity. Are you the neighborhood gossip where you live too?

You must be a very a unhappy person...and I predict you will not live a long life because of it.

Oh yeah, and please do not resort to making perverted cracks about my Mom again like you did the last time I outed you like this. It makes you sound like you're 13 years old...

This is exactly what im talking about...who talks like this at a business??? to there customers, regardless of the customers feeling towards the products and service they receive...Period
Old 09-17-2012, 09:10 PM
TS PRO-1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 1991ls13
This is exactly what im talking about...who talks like this at a business??? to there customers, regardless of the customers feeling towards the products and service they receive...Period
Adults talk like this when they're fed up with children constantly, and unnecessarily, ragging on them for no better reason than to stir up drama and/or trouble.

You seem to only want to dwell on negatives, not on positives.

We have MANY very satisfied drivers enjoying our products. However, NO product is 100% fool-proof 100% of the time. Any product made by human hands is subject to some percentage, no matter how small, of some possible error or defect. The manner in which a company addresses, accepts responsibility, and deals with a problem when it arises is a true measure of their worth. Top Speed has a great reputation for doing what is right when needed.

Mature adults will realize this and cut said company some slack when they see them doing what is right...not keep chiming in to try to make the situation worse...like you have on many occasions.

I am beginning to wonder if you work for one of our competitors and are here to try and undermine our business...

If YOU have a concern, bring it to out attention and we will work to resolve the matter. But if someone else voices a concern, your jumping on the band wagon, to try to further a negative mob mentality, serves no worthwhile purpose...so why do it?

It's like you ordering food at a restaurant and getting your order perfect, but then when you over-hear about some else's order being messed up, you stand up and yell, "Yeah, this place sucks! WTF???" Look, if YOUR order wasn't messed up, then just what is your complaint?

If we delivered you a fine product, then enjoy it. If you are unhappy with it, tell us and let us make it right.

If all you live for is to complain, please grow up and find a more worthwhile endeavor for your time and energy.

Last edited by TS PRO-1; 09-17-2012 at 09:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Top Speed Pro-1 Coilovers Review