Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Wheel bearing and hub assembly removal...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 05:43 PM
dragon11689

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm using a dremel currently...got the head shaved down completely...im then going to use something like easy out bolt extractor...I'll drill a hole into the middle of the shaved bolt...then use the extractor to remove the bolt in reverse with a drill...hopefully that will work.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:56 PM
dragon11689

So...I dremeled the living nuts out of the bolt...I shaved the head off the bolt completely...I accidentally went in a bit too far in some parts so they are sort of uneven but I dont think that is going to be a huge issue...after the head was completely gone, I was able to thread out the stud with my finger...I think the bolt's base of its head was just extremely rusted on there...regardless I was able to get the fugger out...

I was able to put the new assembly on...but I need a new bolt before I can start driving...any idea if I can get the same bolt at home depot?

I also depressed the stinkin brake caliper when putting it back on...I'm not sure if this will create an issue with braking later...maybe someone can chime in on that for me...

the only other thing is the compression rod ball joint nut..I couldnt get it out and I cant tighten it either because the stud moves freely with the nut. It doesn't look like it came out at all so I'm not sure if I should be worried unless I ever have to change any bushings later.

Otherwise, it was all a success...regardless of the many hours I spent on this, it was a learning experience...thanks to all of you for all the help..you guys are awesome...my350z rocks!
Old 06-25-2012, 04:43 PM
AARONHL

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Jack up the spindle, directly under the ball joint so the compression rod ball joint doesn't spin when loosening/tightening.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:41 PM
dragon11689

Originally Posted by AARONHL
Jack up the spindle, directly under the ball joint so the compression rod ball joint doesn't spin when loosening/tightening.
I'll try that so I can retighten it and keep it in mind when I do the other side...Thanks man!
Old 06-29-2012, 01:23 PM
dragon11689

So...the bearing went on but I'm getting a worse scrape now with the new bearing in...I've tightened all the bolts to spec...not sure what it could be...would compressing the brake caliper accidentally while off the rotor cause the brake pads to drag on the rotor once put back on without depressing the brakes while driving at this point?
Old 06-29-2012, 02:38 PM
dragon11689

Originally Posted by AARONHL
This unfortunately did not work..it keeps spinning.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:15 PM
dragon11689

Update: I fixed it...it was the stupid brake shield..not sure but I may have laid something on it while I was working on stuff...and it needed to be bent back a bit since it was hitting the rotor as the wheel rotated...everything works perfectly now...thanks for all the help guys!